Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I Went Booooooom!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 04:45 PM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good job Kamal, keep up the good work (modding work that is)

Old 08-05-2005, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kamal,

I wish you the best in your new G venture... I'm interested to see what you'll come up with....

Take care...

FI Forever!!!!

Mark

Old 08-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Congrats! I guess......
It was just a matter of time with you boosting 8-9 pounds with no timing adjustments. I can't believe they installed & tuned their kit at their shop and let you leave with that much boost & no timing adjustments.They must have known you were willing to buy/build a new motor if yours blew.

You must have given the O.K. right?
Don't let them talk you into a $5,000 tranny, a $5000 stand alone, on top of a $10,000 motor build/install.After I installed my buddy's TT kit ,I sent him to XS to have a custom tune.They talked him into buying the HKS v-pro(which was about $5000 after install & tune).Now they're giving him the old $20,000 upgrade BS too.In the end, you have to realize that they are all salesmen trying to make a buck.

I'm looking into my crystal ball & see your future:
I see two paths,
Either a full sponsorship & build
Or an as$hole that will fit that new widebody kit you always wanted.
How ever,you may travel both roads.

BTW, remember the Koyo you bought?
I found out why it was so cheap. You bought the single row, not the double row race radiator. The one you're running is better than stock but the race radiator is the one you'll want to run.You NEED a tranny cooler,other wise just go ahead & buy a new tranny because it WILL blow without one.Whoever installed your radiator should have told you this knowing they disconnected your tranny fluid lines.I went through Greg at GSC for the right radiator/tranny cooler.

When you get her runnin' we'll hit the hooka bar again.
Friends don't let friends get ripped.
I hope all ends well. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Cant blame SFR for what happened to Kamals motor. The kit is set at 6.5psi, although no timing, has been running safe for 25K miles as mentioned, until someone tampered with the boost controller, right Kamal. SFR is not trying to sell him a motor or tranny, thats why he posted he's looking for cheap motor.

Called GT motorsports regarding APS TT install awhile back, and they wanted me to go with the HKS V Pro instead of unichip. $5K tuned/intalled for just the HKS vpro.

Last edited by GXCLUSIV; 08-06-2005 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Not blaming SFR. If Kamal was messing with it then it's obvious whos fault it is.
He wants a cheap motor to build & up the boost.With a crazy amount of power,the tranny needs upgrades.
He was saying something about 1000hp
That's a huge project & major coin.
Don't get me wrong, I think the HKS v-pro is awesome.Just above & beyond my budget right now.
I'm lucky my motor didn't blow,I played with custom pulleys and n2o for 25000 very unreliable miles.I did lose some compression though

Old 08-07-2005, 06:28 PM
no no to 1000, hahaha that would be tyte though. Yea everything will be better than b4 man but I dont know about that right now. In the future maybe but ive gone to far to stop now you know. Im still looking for a motor so PLEASE guys, lemme know. I was thinkin of sending my car to MTV without a motor and take a front shot and ask EXHIbiT TO PIMP MY RIDE!!! Do u guys think he will do it and upgrade my motor with also putting a Bar-B-Q grill in my trunk??? HMMMM

Last edited by Kamal34; 08-07-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Kamal34
no no to 1000, hahaha that would be tyte though. Yea everything will be better than b4 man but I dont know about that right now. In the future maybe but ive gone to far to stop now you know. Im still looking for a motor so PLEASE guys, lemme know. I was thinkin of sending my car to MTV without a motor and take a front shot and ask EXHIbiT TO PIMP MY RIDE!!! Do u guys think he will do it and upgrade my motor with also putting a Bar-B-Q grill in my trunk??? HMMMM

You have a better with Tuner Transformation

www.tunertransformation.com

Old 08-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Re-tractable hooka pipes out the center consil.

You can always use some more TV's.

Oh, my buddy Jay(with the PE TT) received his SGP motor last week.
He'd sell his stock motor but remember it is in perfect condition(something you really want with a good build),only 1500 miles on the motor(about 500 miles with the PE TT stock boost).
Contact him on my350z.com
His screen name is 350zcartel
Throw him a pm & ask how much he'll do it for.
Tell him your my bro & you guys can handle it.
He's local, & you can trust him(I've been good friends with him for like 10 years)

Last edited by weslutes; 08-07-2005 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck man...sorry, yet congrats haha Hope you build up something sweet!

Old 08-08-2005, 05:08 AM
wow i'd be crying in your position... well maybe thats because i can barely afford gas right now.. not to mention me being unable to afford insurance

Old 08-08-2005, 03:13 PM
wow man ur telling me. I was cool about the whole thing until the numbers started adding up. Crap I had to sell everything I owned on ebay! I sold all my clothes as a lot for starting bid .01 and it closed 7 days later with 2 bids(2 users got into a bidding war) for $5.00! They were local from what I read on their history report. 1st guy was username Tinman and the 2nd username Weslutes.... heartless people I swear! haha im kidding guys but yea man please lets not get started on freqan expenses I feel like crying.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:29 PM
alright,i go first
i'll donate $5.00 to "Kamal's build up fund"

Old 08-08-2005, 03:35 PM
woh woh woh Steve, it just hit me that you were the one that won the stupid auction for all my clothes! If you read the terms and conditions, I did say IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED!!! Please wire the funds(in 5 payments of $1) through paypal. I dont want to make any agencies suspicious for such large transfers. I wonder if I should post another thread and have people donate to the "build the needy of Orange County foundation" How many of you would donate. Yea I knew everyone would. Thank you for the support Steve!

Old 08-08-2005, 05:47 PM
shest..and i'm here thinking i can get away
5 payments coming your way.
still want to donate $5 to the fund.you want 5 payments also?

Old 08-09-2005, 02:01 PM
haha thank you very much but I dont really need money for the fund. I will be auctioning of many more of my valuables so stay tuned on ebay for my auctions. Next items to go of mine are my collectors items.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I Went Booooooom!!