Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Who's G is getting a Turbo at StreetImage?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Running for his life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cmaranan
Wreck, what springs & struts did you go with? I am thinking about lowering mine but don't know with what...
How much do you want to drop it?
Did you want a stiffer ride or just a step up above stock?
Did you want some height adjustibility?

I originally had eibach's pro and they sit really nice.

I switch them with Tein H.Tech 350z and Tokico's for the 350z. The ride is day and night. Really smooth. You got to understand that I wanted soften ride, because I was getting tired of feeling every bump on the road. Because my front stock shocks were leaking, my car riding like crap. Vibrating at high speeds etc.

The H.Tech raised the car a bit. The front of the car I can stick in 1 finger between the tire and fender, but the rear I can put 2 fingers, which a little bit to high for me. I'm hoping it will settle down a bit, but I have a feeling that it will not. If this is the case, I'm going to cut some of the bump stop on top to lower the rear 1/4-1/2 more.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by wreck
How much do you want to drop it?
Did you want a stiffer ride or just a step up above stock?
Did you want some height adjustibility?

I originally had eibach's pro and they sit really nice.

I switch them with Tein H.Tech 350z and Tokico's for the 350z. The ride is day and night. Really smooth. You got to understand that I wanted soften ride, because I was getting tired of feeling every bump on the road. Because my front stock shocks were leaking, my car riding like crap. Vibrating at high speeds etc.

The H.Tech raised the car a bit. The front of the car I can stick in 1 finger between the tire and fender, but the rear I can put 2 fingers, which a little bit to high for me. I'm hoping it will settle down a bit, but I have a feeling that it will not. If this is the case, I'm going to cut some of the bump stop on top to lower the rear 1/4-1/2 more.
I like the stock ride or just a bit stiffer. I read that the G35 H-Tech's will give about a 1 in drop? That sounds fine or maybe a bit more. I just don't want a drop where the camber will be affected because that means more money (either a camber kit or new tires more frequently). I was thinking about coilovers for the adjustibility but they might be out of my price range. At least with coilovers, I can get the exact drop I want. What is the difference between the tokicos for the 350Z and the tokicos for the G35? I know the 350Z H-techs will drop it about a .5" more than the G35 equivalents, right?

Old 11-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Running for his life!!
Hahah we're off topic with this thread.

Anyways, The HTech 350z will not drop your car 1". Well at least it hasn't happen on my car. I have a better idea when and if the springs settle down. The rear is just to high for me. About 2 finger gap. I can take a picture for you to show you what I mean. I'll post it up within the hour. Keep in mind I just installed the springs a few days ago.

The difference between the tokico 350 is the rear is shorter.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:38 PM
I just got back from Street Image. Talked to Eric right now...He said they're behind bc of SEMA week and other stuff. He said he's gonna try n wrap it up by monday and setup the dyno for tuesday morning. So let's just hope nothing else comes up kuz I want my car b4 thanksgiving .

Old 11-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Running for his life!!
Very cool bro.. I hope you get your car then.. must be torture waiting for your car.

Last edited by wreck; 11-17-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Running for his life!!
For Cmaranan.

Here is what I'm talking about the rear being a bit high right now. If you are looking for a 1" drop all around the H.Tech is not going to do it for yah.

Attached Thumbnails Who's G is getting a Turbo at StreetImage?-1.jpg   Who's G is getting a Turbo at StreetImage?-2.jpg   Who's G is getting a Turbo at StreetImage?-3.jpg  
Old 11-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Hahah we're off topic with this thread.
haha my bad. Thanks for the info. I have the same color G! You are right, the front looks perfect and hopefully the rear settles a little. Looks good none the less.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For Cmaranan.

Here is what I'm talking about the rear being a bit high right now. If you are looking for a 1" drop all around the H.Tech is not going to do it for yah.

That almost looks like the stock height of my 05

Old 11-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Running for his life!!
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
That almost looks like the stock height of my 05
Yah it does.. I'm going to have street image lower the back a bit.. Then I will be satisfied.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Running for his life!!
Originally Posted by Ant830
I just got back from Street Image. Talked to Eric right now...He said they're behind bc of SEMA week and other stuff. He said he's gonna try n wrap it up by monday and setup the dyno for tuesday morning. So let's just hope nothing else comes up kuz I want my car b4 thanksgiving .
You car is still there. Good news is that Mondo is working on it.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
last time i went, the intercooler was on. looks sexy.

Old 11-24-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll be in again this tuesday to add some plenum spacers. I'll check it out again and see how the progress is going.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 AM
It's about 98% done. I should get it back tomorrow (friday) but not completed. **** happened with the exhaust I ordered from a diff company in San Diego and now I need to wait for that and get it dyno'd and tuned. So I have to take it easy for a while til' i get the exhaust and a tune. My car will be there on tuesday again though for other reasons. A new brake compnay i think ...JBT wants to use my car for a photoshoot so you'll prolly see it there gettin the brakes put on. Needless to say im pretty pissed that I've waited this long and it's not perfect.