Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Crackdown on modded cars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 03:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crackdown on modded cars?

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/576.asp

I think the part that really bothers me is the exhaust part where the officer can just use his "judgement".

1. Anyone else hear about this? I heard a rumor going around that this kind of thing had started..
2. You think cops will really be that ****? I think the really **** ones would probably be chp.. cause I've only gotten in trouble with them over really really small things..
3. Is there anything we can do against this?

Old 11-26-2005, 05:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's bs....it's the same thing like the patriot act where any cop can go through your stuff without probable cause..... i hate thiese kinds of laws......maybe should move to a neighboring state......

Old 11-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Isn't it ironic how the place where hot rodding began is now the place where hot rodders are hassled and CARB certified!

In, Florida, we used to have emissions testing in the larger counties. Once, air quality levels dropped back down, emission testing was dropped. In actuality, the main reason that air qualtiy had fallen here was due to fires in the everglades, not vehicles emissions.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by iwantacookie
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/05/576.asp

I think the part that really bothers me is the exhaust part where the officer can just use his "judgement".

1. Anyone else hear about this? I heard a rumor going around that this kind of thing had started..
2. You think cops will really be that ****? I think the really **** ones would probably be chp.. cause I've only gotten in trouble with them over really really small things..
3. Is there anything we can do against this?
It's kinda old news (not flaming, just commenting) - there was a thread out here a while back about it and it fizzled... I don’t think many G owners are finding problems with it - I haven’t (yet anyway).

Old 11-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OCG35
It's kinda old news (not flaming, just commenting) - there was a thread out here a while back about it and it fizzled... I don’t think many G owners are finding problems with it - I haven’t (yet anyway).
Actually my I was talking to my friend after I posted and he told me the same thing.. So I figured someone would comment about it's oldness.. thanks though

Old 11-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luongdmd
that's bs....it's the same thing like the patriot act where any cop can go through your stuff without probable cause..... i hate thiese kinds of laws......maybe should move to a neighboring state......
Actually tinted windows, no front license plate, illegal exhaust, etc give police probable cause per california state law.

However, in actuality, cops use these stops as excuses to pull over people. They really could care less about the window tint, etc(cept CHP). They want to question the people about drugs.

Either way, its a bunch of bullcrap. If anyone really wanted to stop speeders, they would not target us. Rather they would set speed traps along Bendict Canyon, Sepulveda Bl in Manhatten Beach, etc. But LE will not do that. It's too time consuming to have to deal with a bunch of rich a-holes who think their entitled to drive as fast as they like, particularly in areas totally unsuited to fast driving.

Old 11-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I just saw these guys in Roland Heights tonight on Colima. They blocked off a lane on the road and an officer walked around cars looking at their exhaut tips. They had a trailer with smog equipments and were pulling over unfortunate 'fixed up' cars.

Luckily I was on the opposite side of the street at the time. I hope none of you got caught up in that mess.

Trending Topics

Old 11-27-2005, 07:37 AM
as long as your not driving like a kid in the fast and the furious the police dont tend to harras you.

Jus drive safe and hope that the racer kids grow up so that theres less racing accidents happening which will make the cops ease off modified cars

Old 11-27-2005, 07:57 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
If you are worried about your exhaust, read this article, it might be of some help to you...
http://overboost.com/story.asp?id=1115

But the thing that sucks is that it'll take a ticket before your car can go get tested and legalized...

And also, if you're in San Jo, Milpitas, Fremont, Daygo, or Sac and you haven't had many problems with your G, then you should be fine because these are the areas where they are really strict about modded cars.

Last edited by dofu; 11-27-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by 6mtpnut
as long as your not driving like a kid in the fast and the furious the police dont tend to harras you.

Jus drive safe and hope that the racer kids grow up so that theres less racing accidents happening which will make the cops ease off modified cars

Unfortunately this is just not true. I thought it was true until I got stopped and cited twice within a few months for window tint. The factual stories posted on this board are extensive. Also, see the previous post about a CHP checkpoint for illegal exhaust.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by 6mtpnut
There are not so many accidents. It's a bunch of bullcrap that there are. Fewer than 200 people die nationwide each year due to racing. In fact, usually fewer than 100. All this is is a way for the state to grab money through citations, and a way for the politicians to look like they are doing their jobs.

If the state really wanted to crack down on crime, it would give money to LAPD and LA County Sheriffs to specifically target gangs. LAPD currently only has 350 of its 10,000 officers dedicated to gang enforcement. There are over 20,000 active gang members in Los Angeles County.

The state could also use the money to build seperate housing for known gang members in state prison and use it to keep them isolated from the general population.

Instead the state uses the money to create a net to catch anyone with modified cars, assuming they will streetrace, and assuming the statewide deaths that total 20 or so each year due to streetracing are somehow in need of more attention than the 500+ deaths statewide each year due to gangs.

How do such idiots get into positions of power?

Old 11-27-2005, 09:48 PM
GP1
How do such idiots get into positions of power?

for the most part, we elect them. of course, too many do not vote (or vote without being informed) and so I guess they get there because we don't vote against them.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 AM
E_K
Location: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
The young adult population (the ones that are typically going to care about modified cars) has horrible voter turn out.

Your average voter is some soccor mom/dad with 2-3 kids who will gladly vote for a politician to come up with feel good legislation like "street racer crackdown" laws.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:10 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
I just saw these guys in Roland Heights tonight on Colima. They blocked off a lane on the road and an officer walked around cars looking at their exhaut tips. They had a trailer with smog equipments and were pulling over unfortunate 'fixed up' cars.
SUKAIRAIN are you serious. eric and I and a few other g35s and Zs were passing through, but made a u-turn before we got there because we thought it was a DUI checkpoint and would take too long. good call wow.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
seriously.. just picture the cops faces when they see a line of 3 g35s and a 350z... 2 of us kitted and all of us with rims.. hm sam would've been the only one that might not pass smog tho lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Crackdown on modded cars?