Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Tint Shop and Powder-Coating Wheels in SD Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Lexus IS350
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tint Shop and Powder-Coating Wheels in SD Area

I just got my car last week on Wednesday. Im looking to get my wheels powder-coated black and my windows tinted. I dont want a crappy job done but I dont wanna spend much more than $1,000 for them both. Where are the best places in the San Diego area for both my windows and my wheels? Thanks!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i can get your wheels and window tinting done at my shop but im in the hi desert

did u try tint express?

Old 12-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volcano wheel polishing in El Cajon can powder coat your wheels. For tint, call Diamond in Miramar road or Soundcheck near Convoy St.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Lexus IS350
all righty, thanks guys. Ill give em a call tomorrow

Old 12-21-2005, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skip diamond. I had one of my windows done 6 times to get it acceptable. Taking off the incorrectly applied film, they (try #2) sliced the rubber molding and (try #4) gouged the black paint of the metal trim on the inside of the the door frame. Now, two months later, the rear window is starting to peel at the bottom dots. While very willing to redo their work (since it was always obvious thet the film had far too many contaminants trapped), enough is enough! If you do go with them, they usually have a $50 off coupon in the Reader.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:05 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
For powdercoating your rims i'd rec. Custom Wheels INC. (www.customwheelsdirect.com) and for the tints i'd go with Mr. Tint in escondido, it's off the same exit as the Infiniti dealer. It'll be way cheaper than $1000 though. CWI charges $85 a wheel and if you want a nice dark tint i'd go with the Formula one Pinnacle series in say 20%. If you dont want it that dark then 35% Mr. Tint has both of these. Their prices range from $200-$350
-GP-

Last edited by Gdup35sedan; 12-21-2005 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by extreme4377
I just got my car last week on Wednesday. Im looking to get my wheels powder-coated black and my windows tinted. I dont want a crappy job done but I dont wanna spend much more than $1,000 for them both. Where are the best places in the San Diego area for both my windows and my wheels? Thanks!
I can get all your work done on your car, nice powder coat and great tint, etc. finished for you no problem, do it every week. I need to know if you (if not I could loan you some) have any wheels to put on your car for a couple days while your wheels get dismounted, powder coated, re-mounted and ballanced.

OH and $85 a wheel ?, I can match, and beat that. PM me and I will hook you up.

Scott at VRT

Old 12-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Lexus IS350
So many offers! You guys are great. I do not have an extra set of wheels, no. I would need to either borrow an extra set or have the job done in 1 or 2 days at max. Same goes for tinting. I have heard of Mr. Tint and it is highly recommended. I just want to get the things I want done and done well. No peeling or chipping of the powercoating on the wheels, no bubbles or peeling for the tint, etc. Im kinda weary or handing over my brand new car to an individual rather than a tint/powder-coating shop. Id feel much better if I got it "professionally" done. No offense to anyone. So are you guys from a shop or know someone who works at one?

BTW, Whats the legal limit on tinting? I dont want to spend all that money then get a fix it ticket and have to get it removed!

EDIT: One more q, will the powder-coated wheels colored black shine or will it be dull and texture-like?

Last edited by extreme4377; 12-23-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Scott isnt an individual, he works for VRT, i'd definitely take it to him if he was willing to do it for you. The legal limit for tint in california is 70% on the two front windows and no limit on the back 2 and very back windows. I have 20% all around and i love it and havent gotten a ticket yet (knock on wood). I dont know about the powder coat color question though, scott will have to answer that. But if VRT is willing to beat that $85 a wheel price for powdercoating i'd for sure take it there.
-GP-

Old 12-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Lexus IS350
Thanks for the quick feedback! Ill have to do a google search for VRT and check out their website(assuming they have one). 70% isnt much of a tint. Thats kinda crappy. My parents are very strict and abide by the law 100%. Im 17, 18 in Feb., so its up to them what I can and cannot do basically.

Also, If 70% is the legal limit and you have 20%, how have you not gotten a ticket yet? Isnt it a big difference between the two?

Old 12-26-2005, 02:44 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

The difference is huge but there are also people out there with 5% limo tint on thier cars not getting tickets either. With the 20% its still enough to where you can see inside at certain angles. When the sun hits it it's easy to see inside, on a cloudy day you cant see through at all. I had a cop pull up next to me on the freeway the other day and he was driving next to me for about a minute and had no problem with it or else i would have been pulled over. If your parents are strict i'd go with a 50% up front and a 20-35% in the rear. I just did 20% all around because i dont like it when the tint is different in the back and front.
-GP-

Old 01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Lexus IS350
Ok, to bring this thread back from the dead...

I want to go get my windows tinted this weekend. I finally found time to do it. I want to go to Mr. Tint in Escondido unless someone can recommend a better, cheaper local place to me. My question is about the rear window. I keep reading about the dots or something on it that propose a problem. Also, will the radio antennaes be affected? Thank you!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Gdup35sedan
Scott isnt an individual, he works for VRT, i'd definitely take it to him if he was willing to do it for you. The legal limit for tint in california is 70% on the two front windows and no limit on the back 2 and very back windows. I have 20% all around and i love it and havent gotten a ticket yet (knock on wood). I dont know about the powder coat color question though, scott will have to answer that. But if VRT is willing to beat that $85 a wheel price for powdercoating i'd for sure take it there.
-GP-
Thanks for the clarifacation and kind words, Gdupsedan

Old 01-11-2006, 02:16 AM
Banned
Smile

I want to go get my windows tinted this weekend. I finally found time to do it. I want to go to Mr. Tint in Escondido unless someone can recommend a better, cheaper local place to me. My question is about the rear window. I keep reading about the dots or something on it that propose a problem. Also, will the radio antennaes be affected? Thank you!

Like I posted before, we can have your wheels and tint done in a matter of a day or two. Just let me know........................PM me.................

Old 01-11-2006, 02:24 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

If your taking it to Mr. Tint you wont have any problems with the DOT matrix. They did my tint and it came out great. If you get the premier series tint it can affect your radio antenna if you have an aftermarket HU, if you have the stock bose stereo you will be fine with the premier series tint. BTW the premier series has some metal in it, that's why it affects the radio. If i were you i'd just take it to VRT and have the tints and wheels done at the same time. Depending how busy they are MR. Tint will take about 3-6 hours to tint the car. I paid $230 for the premier, the classic is 200 and pinnacle is 330. I have a sedan so i dont know if prices are different because i have more/bigger windows.
-GP-

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tint Shop and Powder-Coating Wheels in SD Area