Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If yall really get this thing going I would love to stay in touch with the club...because...

I am the ex-president of the Baylor Driving Club, and whenever we do events (drag, auto-x, car shows ect..) I will make sure yall know about them.

I would be a bigger part of this but I'll be heading back up to Waco in just over a month. All the best to yall though, if there is a meet in July I'll be there.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
Perhaps hes just showing his support...lol
yeah i'm just giving him a hard time...He's one of the "usual suspects" in our little G crew.

Actually, I think he would be a great Photographer/Videographer (sp?) for our meets!

Oops! Khoa i think i just voted you for a job....LOL!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Gee, thanks for ignoring me guys.

Ok, fine, i'll add my name myself.

1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
3. JDM Autosports or Infinite1 (yes I have 2 sn's) (i don't mind being a mod)
4. FlSHRFun: Mod or Vendor would be nice. I'm a detailer in the SW Houston area for anyone in need of professional detailing.
5. nyckid
7. soundmike

I don't like the number 6.

Agreed on the breakdown of officers, it's moot setting that up without the club actually being formed yet.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
4. FlSHRFun: Mod or Vendor would be nice. I'm a detailer in the SW Houston area for anyone in need of professional detailing.
5. nyckid
6. Don@TireOption (Sponsor)
7. soundmike

Can't wait to see if we can make this happen. Would be a great idea since I see a bunch of G's around the area.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by drew2003cb
Word of mouth is going to be one of are best bets to get this thing going. I'm friends with a lot of G35 guys from houston on cardomain and just sent them a link to this thread as well. I really want to see this get started and get to be a good size.
Yea, to grow our Dallas group we got some business card size flyers made up and distributed them on modded G's as we saw them. Worked really well and brought alot of new members. But any way we can get interest and new members is a plus.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The following quotes are from this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/texas/2...ml#post4356903

Originally Posted by mt7rabbit
If you guys are in the process of putting together a formal VQ club in Houston I can help you guys out by giving you a few pointers like where to go if you want your own website, invite cards, banners, T-shirts, decals, how to get new members, sponsors, etc... We did a lot of this by trial and error, but I can help you out by making the entire process much easier by learning from our mistakes.

PM me and I'll help you guys out.
Originally Posted by JDMAutosports
Any help is good help! We've been trying to do this off and on for a while now but since last night at a mini meet we met other folks who are just as enthusiastic as us to really get it going. Thanks for your help!

Please do post in this thread: https://g35driver.com/forums/texas/2...ml#post4356476
Since you guys are forming a Houston G club here are some things to consider.

Be prepared to spend some money. With that being said if you guys can come together and pool your money into making purchases in the best interest of the group then you should have no problem. A small contribution of $15 from every member can buy a lot.

Schedule a next meet and while at the meet accomplish these points.

1. Establish clear leadership within the group, (president, Vice president) it needs to be someone who can commit time and effort in the best interest of the group.

2. Come up with a group name

3. Collect money from all prospective members to make purchases (opening a paypal account works well for the first couple of months.)

4. Establish TWO people who will have access to this paypal account. They must be trustworthy for obvious reasons.

5. Have one or two volunteers come up with a business card & logo to represent the entire group. (My suggestion would be to use gotprint.com and order no more than 2500 cards, since you will probably change your design in about 6 months.)

6. Exchange good contact info for all members so you can easily stay in touch.

Distribute these cards to all members, business cards work just as well as postcards, but business cards are cheaper to purchase then pass these out to any G's/Z's you may see at parking lots, etc. (You may consider leaving a portion of the back of the card blank without laminate so you can write on it if you need to...in case you meet someone in person and you want to give them any contact info.)

If you choose to have decals made I would suggest using Underground Graphics, Greg Lilly He just so happens to be located in Houston so you're in luck. He does our graphics for us, tell him Mauricio from CentexVQ sent you.

I would suggest holding off on the T-shirts and banners until you have a good group of regulars showing up to all the meets. Good luck Houston, we look forward to having a meet with you guys in the future.

Last edited by mt7rabbit; 06-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Some good points, but not sure why that much money would be needed until we actually start getting a consistent group getting together. We got 3000 business card flyers for $30 bucks. But a group paypal account to handle the funds is a great idea. Thanks for the suggestions

Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
Thanks for the great tips, mt7.

Guys, i can help with the design part and can give my credentials to the powers-that-be that will lead this new group. I'll also shoulder the cost to get some printed cards made - at least to start us out. Lastly, i'll host whatever needs hosting... site, photos, videos... all gratis. More than half the sites i host on the server are for non-profits and deserving groups.

With the group being so new, I don't think a lot of the people, here or in the near future, will want to donate unless the organizers themselves exercise serious support for the group. I, personally, might have trouble joining the meets but i can easily help out in other matters.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Underground Graphics eh? Cool I think I can handle that dept as my friends in Team Sunworks know him very well. Thanks for the tips!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I agree that we shouldn't worry about the money factor just yet. As we should concentrate all efforts to having consistent meets with regular attendees. Even if it's a small group I've always been a believer of quality over quantity. Just so my statement is not misconstrued let me explain what i mean: gathering a huge group is our ultimate goal but i don't think it should be the center of goal of the group. (If any of that made any sense)

Once we have our group of "usual suspects" I think then we should consider first gathering sponsorship from local business i.e. dealerships. For example Sterling McCall Nissan has hosted a few events for the Z club of Houston. Personally, I would love to see our group get up there in that manner but baby steps gentlemen baby steps....

Old 06-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I'll be the 1st to say it. When do yall want to have are 1st meet so we can go over everything? Get this set up and put people in leadership and such. I dont mind putting money in at all. We could go over designs and stuff for cards.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I think having some variety to the mix will make things more interesting. Like instead of having big official meets, we can throw in mini-meets every once in awhile. We'll have our monthly meets, but in between that we can also host mini-meets once in awhile.

I agree on the quality vs quantity thing. Last night just goes to show that. A meet doesn't need to have 20+ cars or an insane amount of people to make it fun. I had a blast meeting everyone and wouldn't mind doing it again.

All the ideas that we are throwing, and the brainstorming is just going to help us fine tune things even more. So keep it coming.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by drew2003cb
I'll be the 1st to say it. When do yall want to have are 1st meet so we can go over everything? Get this set up and put people in leadership and such. I dont mind putting money in at all. We could go over designs and stuff for cards.

Beat me to it...I was thinking we have a meet with the folks on the list after July 4th.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Sounds good I'm def down to help out whenever I can! My dad started his Hot Rod club Blast from the past street machines so I will ask him for ideas but we are off to a great start.

1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
5. nyckid
6. Don@TireOption (Sponsor)
7. soundmike
8.Latech08

Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Awesome! We need 2 more people! Did someone PM popcornten? I know he'll be interested as well. How about hipi2002?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT