Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT

As some of us talked about at yesterdays meet we would like to get a sub-forum going so we can really get a good G35 community down here in Houston. I talked to some of the mods I know and in order for a new subforum to be created, the staff would like a few requirements met.

1. Name of club?

2. Create a list of supporters on the forum

3. Common goals of the group?

4. Defined leadership?

5. Regular meets which require better organization?

Once we have all this information gathered we can submit it to the staff for consideration to create a new sub-forum. With the meet last night and the meet on the 4th, we are on a good start. If this is something you would be interested in doing or supporting please add your name to the list so we can get documented support.

Thanks and it was great meetin you guys and seein some nice G's

Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Just add your name to this list and also if you're interested in being a mod or vendor for the Houston area add that as well. This will show leadership organization as well.

1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. nyckid

Last edited by TXaaron3232; 06-29-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Glad to see you are taking initiative in setting things setup. As far as names go I will just throw out random things:

Houston G's, G Club of Houston, HGC (Houston G Club), HGR (Houston G Riders).

Common goals? I guess to build and help the G community in Houston grow larger and stronger.

Unsure about 4 & 5

Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Well, as it turns out with the meet last night, we have a monthly meet/event in june, july, and august, so that will help with showing organized meets.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Name of club? I like "Houston G club"

2. Common goals of the group? Help build a good soild group of G35 owners and meet other car enthusiast

3. Regular meets which require better organization? I like uptown a lot. Thats always a good place to meet. Maybe have a meet once every month and one other time a month everyone get together and go do something. Like a big cruise or go out to eat. Something like that. Then every six months do a big drive with my350z guys out to austin or dallas for a day or two.. Something like that. What every happens i'm down and want to do my part.
1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)

Old 06-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Alright, then we need to come up with a location, time, date for hosting our monthly G meets. I really like the Uptown area and wouldn't mind using this spot for it. But ideas are always welcomed. I think we should do monthly meets on the 1st Saturday of each month. Time perhaps evening during the summers so it won't be as hot, and when it starts getting cooler out we can have it earlier during the day time. Either morning of early afternoon.

As far as ideas on what we can do. Is meet up, then all go out to eat, then cruise together somewhere. Maybe we can find a good scenic route. Perhaps make a few stops along the way to chill for a bit and take pictures.

But we definitely need to have a recurring event to keep the community together and grow stronger.

Last edited by nyckid; 06-29-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:58 PM
That works for me. The 1st saturday of the month. I have to go into work every saturday at 3:30pm so the earlyer the better for me. I would say I would take off work on saturday but I'm a waiter and saturday are the best nights money wise. If we have events on saturday than I will take off work though.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
1. Name of club? Houston G Club sounds good, although HGC reminds me too much of Houston Garden Center I'm drawing a blank right now, but a name without the "Club" would be nice. Something about stereotypes and your typical car "clubs".

2. Create a list of supporters on the forum. Count me in.

3. Common goals of the group? Birds of the same feather?

4. Defined leadership?
My vote is on nyckid first, since he's tried setting this up sometime ago. Perhaps popcornten as well, were it not for his constant bugging for the mini-meet, this would have never jump-started anything.

5. Regular meets which require better organization? Central location would certainly be the best for logistics, but we have to find a place that will let us. Central location works best, although there are benefits of having different locations every other month or so -- for those of us who live in the outskirts.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I'll participate when I'm in town.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
1. Name of club? I like Houston G club, G club of Houston, H-town G Squad, Houston G Rides (remember this nyckid? LOL),

2. Common goals of the group? Establish exclusivity within the G community the same as our closely related cousins the Z. And if we wanted to push it further try to work with local business or dealerships to try and sponsor our activities thus building relationships that potentially catapult us into being more than an enthusiast club.

3. Regular meets which require better organization? Uptown Park seems to be a good spot. Monthly meets at the beginning of the month are good. I also agree with Andrew on every 6 months have big organized meet like a cruise or track day for those that are interested in that stuff. Or even organize a Tri-City meet with other G crews!
I also noticed a fellow G driver opened a Sushi restaurant. If the owner permits we could have meets there and help support a local G driver business and another place to meet.

3. Defined Leadership? We should have your typical structure. Pres, Vice Pres, Secretary, Set Leaders? (North, SoutWest, SouthEast, West), Historian i.e. Photographer, Videographer.
In my opinion, we should take a vote after we have our first few meetings. Just so we have all met and put a face to the name. Some folks may be will to sit in the backdrop and others may want to be the face of the organization.

1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
3. JDM Autosports or Infinite1 (yes I have 2 sn's) (i don't mind being a mod)

Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
4. FlSHRFun: Mod or Vendor would be nice. I'm a detailer in the SW Houston area for anyone in need of professional detailing.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM
looks like we are all taking a step in the right direction, now if we can find more people. it's all about team work and working together as one.

but so far love all the ideas, and opinions. I like the idea of changing up the locations once in awhile. We can find a nice spot in each corner of Houston (NW, NE, W, E, SW, E). That would be cool as well. The idea of having a big event every once in along while is great to stir things up a bit. Mega City meet from G's from all over Texas. A nice cruise, etc. All great suggestions.

Names for the group I like so far is Houston G Squad, Houston G Riders, will have to think of more names later. I am currently at work and have my mind focused on other things.

Keep all the input and feedback coming, this is a great way to brainstorm.

1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
4. FlSHRFun: Mod or Vendor would be nice. I'm a detailer in the SW Houston area for anyone in need of professional detailing.
5. nyckid

Last edited by nyckid; 06-29-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by FlSHRFun
1. TXAaron3232 (mod)
2. Drew2003cb (mod)
Ahem...you forgot to answer the questions as well....DUUURRR....LOL

Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Perhaps hes just showing his support...lol

Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Word of mouth is going to be one of are best bets to get this thing going. I'm friends with a lot of G35 guys from houston on cardomain and just sent them a link to this thread as well. I really want to see this get started and get to be a good size.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Info for getting a Houston Sub-forum---NEED YOUR SUPPORT