Moving to San Antonio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hey There,

I wanted to see if anyone worked for United Heath Group? I will be driving to San Antonio Wednesday after work here in Houston. I will spend that night at the ranch in Boerne (thank you know who that my car is still dirty from x-mas when I spent the night at the ranch), interview at United and drive back that evening. This will be a starting point to get me out of Houston until college summer classes start.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
i dont work for united but i work for aetna.........i know someone who does work at united...did you have any questions about it......or were you kinda looking for a hook up???

Old 01-16-2008, 07:23 AM
I have an interview there Thursday. After the interview, I will drive back to Houston. I'm just looking for a job in the San Antonio area so I could move away from Houston before April when I start classes at UTSA.

Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
oh...cool....well i just know this one girl that use to work with me at aetna and then she went to united health in like september.......so she's like the only one i know

Old 02-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Ok.... I will be driving to Boerne this afternoon OR Thursday morning. I have an interview on Friday. Who lives in the 1604 / Hwy 90 area on the west side of town? I need to know if its a safe area and if there are any nice places to live at.

Stephen

Old 02-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by SRHTX
Ok.... I will be driving to Boerne this afternoon OR Thursday morning. I have an interview on Friday. Who lives in the 1604 / Hwy 90 area on the west side of town? I need to know if its a safe area and if there are any nice places to live at.

Stephen
Thats right on the outskirts of town...but there is alot...and I mean alot of new development going on out there...lots of new business and homes...they are supposed to start building million dollar houses in that general area...

Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Well, I will have to see how the interview goes on Friday. I know I will not be making much, however, I'm doing this for a reason. I wish to get a degree in college so I could start making the money I want. Now, I have to figure out what I wish to graduate under in college. I will find that out on Friday when I go to UTSA on 1604/I-10. I know it will be something with computers. I'm a very good problem solver / vendor relations person.

If any of you wish to get in touch with me, send me an e-mail:

srhtx AT yahoo DOT com

And I will give you my cell #, which I will need to change when I'm living in the San Antonio area.

Stephen

Old 02-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Well, I've seen a few G35 Coupes since I've been here in San Antonio. Also, saw a white G35 Coupe at "Sidelines" here in Boerne. Not sure who's coupe it is. They have done a few things to it. Also, I parked my sedan right behid it. You can't miss my car since it has so much dust all over it. The joys of staying at the ranch.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Question

Is there anything as good as RoadRunner but much CHEAPER? I called them yesterday and they advised me it was going to cost me around $120/mo. I do not wish to pay that kind of money for Internet and cable.

BTW - I will be moving all of my stuff into San Antonio on Sunday, March 2nd. I will be living close to the medical center and CarMax. Now, I just have to finish registration at UTSA and locate a job.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Team 210 VQ'Z
Get ATT Uverse if you are in the area for it. Alot cheaper. I work for them too in SA.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Premier Member

https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do

U-Verse if the area you are in supports it. But RR is pretty much the cheapest you can get and doesn't require a contract.

If we had u-verse in my area I would do it!

Time Warner is expensive though for TV. We have RoadRunner for internet, but use Direct-TV for our TV signal. Much cheaper than using TW for everything.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sick Z
Get ATT Uverse if you are in the area for it. Alot cheaper. I work for them too in SA.
Well, that is an issue. After Time Warner divested their services to Comcast, in Houston, service went to crap. So, U-Verse was introduced in Houston and I went over to them. Everything was running cool until they messed up their music selection. I disposed of that quickly. Also, I just closed my service with them since I'm moving to San Antonio. They never mentioned anything about providing service in San Antonio. I might go by an AT&T store in Boerne tomorrow.

Since I will be living in the medica, I'm sure they will have U-Verse available. I will drive to Houston tomorrow and return on Tuesday next week. THEN, I will drive back to Houston next Friday and move everything to San Antonio to my new place. Good thing I will be taking the Excursion with us. I do not wish to place everything into a U-hal.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Team 210 VQ'Z
Originally Posted by SRHTX
Well, that is an issue. After Time Warner divested their services to Comcast, in Houston, service went to crap. So, U-Verse was introduced in Houston and I went over to them. Everything was running cool until they messed up their music selection. I disposed of that quickly. Also, I just closed my service with them since I'm moving to San Antonio. They never mentioned anything about providing service in San Antonio. I might go by an AT&T store in Boerne tomorrow.

Since I will be living in the medica, I'm sure they will have U-Verse available. I will drive to Houston tomorrow and return on Tuesday next week. THEN, I will drive back to Houston next Friday and move everything to San Antonio to my new place. Good thing I will be taking the Excursion with us. I do not wish to place everything into a U-hal.
If you want to, PM me the address and I can run it through the system at work to see if you can get it, as well as how far you are from the nearest junction box (VRAD). I'll check and see if there's anything that can be done for some good promotions too (free movie package, HD, etc.)

Old 02-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Premier Member

Sick, do you know how soon we would get it in our area too? 78232...thanks.

Thousand Oaks/Jones Maltsburger

Last edited by G35_TX; 02-21-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Team 210 VQ'Z
^I will look into it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Moving to San Antonio