screw Discount tire!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Team 210 VQ'Z
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screw Discount tire!

Sup guys, its me john with the 07 white Z. finally was able to make a username on g35driver. anyways just thought i'd vent off on here about some **** that happened today with my GTS wheels.

I woke up to my car this morning with a flat on rear right tire. I find a nail in it. No biggie, I jack the car up and haul the wheel to discount to get it fixed. they were the ones that mounted and balanced my volks when i got them in. they are always careful with my ****. well anyways I take the wheel in and they say no prob, easy fix. I sit down and didn't take care to watch them fix the flat since I trusted them. Before I knew it, 30 minutes passed and I'm like wtf so I get up and look through the glass, to find one of the install guys tugging and pulling at my wheel. It got stuck on the wheel wrench when they were trying to break the beads to take off the wheel. I walk straight up to the dip**** and as I was approaching I could see him banging the lip on the concrete and ****. He got it off the machine. I asked him wtf happened to my wheels and he said he got it stuck on the machine blah blah blah. I looked over the wheel and saw nothing but rashes, scrapes, FOOTprints from him trying to pull the wheel off the machine. I pointed all the scrapes and **** to him and all he replied to me was with " yes sir." they offered to get it fixed but i knew the gts wheels have an anodized finish lip. called andrew up for more info and then talked to the manager about getting a replacement wheel. So they'll be ordering me another wheel monday.

don't know if any of you all deal with discount tire, but don't trust those ****heads with your wheels!

Old 07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
i've never been over there for anything......which one was this at???

Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had my tires mounted there, and they did ok. I do check in on them as they work on the car. At least they offered to replace the rim?

Old 07-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Sorry to hear that. Which location did you go to?

Old 07-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I've been there many times, Tucson AZ. Never an issue. One of the few places I trust with my wheels. But, I do watch them.

Lou

Old 07-08-2007, 04:36 PM
I have had a few problems with them scratching my lip and all. They worked quickly to get all the wheels fixed. Best thing to do is to go the 281 and brookhollow location near hollywood park and talk to Marc's boy, I think his name is clay. They will take care of you there. Sorry to hear what happened.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Team 210 VQ'Z
This was at the miltary and i35 location. It really ****ed up my day, I was there for 2 hours while they were making phone calls, getting the manager, etc. At least I'll be getting a new wheel. So i'll be sporting the stocker 18s til then lol.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:24 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Sick Z
This was at the miltary and i35 location. It really ****ed up my day, I was there for 2 hours while they were making phone calls, getting the manager, etc. At least I'll be getting a new wheel. So i'll be sporting the stocker 18s til then lol.
just to let you know....I have the 20" TSW Thruxtons on my car....2 of the spokes on my passenger side front rim decided to just snap in half....what sucks is that i bought these from another forum member and they had been chromed since TSW thruxtons dont come in chrome...Anyways to make a long story short i had to buy a new rim and have it chromed...Well i took it to discount tire about month and a half ago because they were like...I have a shop out in California that does all of our chroming for us and i can get you the 20x8.5 chromed for right around 140 shipped out there covering chrome fees etc....Well its been about 8 weeks now and still have not got the rim back yet....I have talk to them everyday now and they said that the shop they send it to just keeps giving them the run around.....I said **** i could have taken it down to Dallas and had it done in less than 3 weeks and paid an extra 35-40 bucks to have it done....But anyways this has been going on forever now and im starting get pretty tired of the ****. Thats my story about discount tire.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Must Go Faster!!

go to 281 and brook hollow like serg said. my boy clay hooks all my guys up and they take special care of our stuff. i've been going to him for 5 years and i send everyone i know over there and they all have nothing but good to say about him and his service.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Let us know how it goes John...

Old 07-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
...we dont need roads...

^^^^ Thats what should have been done when you saw him banging on your wheel!

Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 PM

ROFL!!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I had my VOLKS put on at discount no problems!! They even threw in (free of charge) new TPS kit and free shipping on my tires! Also I have the time attacks so they color matched the weights so it would go with the rims and not look off (chrome) They wore so carefull when it came to putting on the lugs(RAYS) as well. They really went above and beyond!! Sorry to hear what happend to you!

Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
john... how long is it going to take to get your wheel in? Glad they got you a new one... dont forget to try to come out this Thursday...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: screw Discount tire!