G37 Sport Big Brake Kit for 07+ G35 Sedans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
Honda Accord
G37 Sport Big Brake Kit for 07+ G35 Sedans

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/208735-bbk-upgrade-your-07-sedan.html

I went to Riverside Infiniti last Friday afternoon to get the test fit done for the G37 Sport BBK made by Akebono.

Thanks to Tony from Riverside Infiniti for making this happen. Although I don't have the BBK installed yet for my car because all the parts are on order (4 pages of part list ), I'm sure Tony will hit me up as soon as they appear on his door step.

From the above linky, you will the comparison of size between Akebono BBK and Brembo. If you see them in person, it's more like the rear Akebono caliper size and front Brembo are almost the same. The front Akebono, on the other hand, is way bigger. I'm thinking of paint or power-coat the Akebono calipers, but not sure what color, and possibly find the slotted/cross-drilled rotors for them.

If any of the other sedan owners are interested in this BBK, please hit up Tony for them. He's gonna hook you right up.

Thanks again to Tony and staffs at Riverside Infiniti for making this happen for me. Big props to Riverside Infiniti!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
shameless self plug ^_^

Old 03-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208735

I went to Riverside Infiniti last Friday afternoon to get the test fit done for the G37 Sport BBK made by Akebono.

Thanks to Tony from Riverside Infiniti for making this happen. Although I don't have the BBK installed yet for my car because all the parts are on order (4 pages of part list ), I'm sure Tony will hit me up as soon as they appear on his door step.

From the above linky, you will the comparison of size between Akebono BBK and Brembo. If you see them in person, it's more like the rear Akebono caliper size and front Brembo are almost the same. The front Akebono, on the other hand, is way bigger. I'm thinking of paint or power-coat the Akebono calipers, but not sure what color, and possibly find the slotted/cross-drilled rotors for them.

If any of the other sedan owners are interested in this BBK, please hit up Tony for them. He's gonna hook you right up.

Thanks again to Tony and staffs at Riverside Infiniti for making this happen for me. Big props to Riverside Infiniti!
Hey what pad type do you have on your front T1S rims? R-disk?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda Accord
I believe so.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:16 PM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
very nice

Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Cost?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Honda Accord
Did you check the linky I provided for you up there?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe so.
Thanks! Looks really sweet man

Old 03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks Nice!!! Wonder what the difference is, besides price, between the OEM Akebona BBK and the Stop Tech BBK. Anyone know?

Old 03-17-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
For the street, nothing.

If you're gonna track, the StopTech BBK will provide better cooling. The pads from the G37S are also not set up for track. I think you also get a choice of pads for the StopTech calipers (i.e. street or track)

Originally Posted by kmuniz78
Looks Nice!!! Wonder what the difference is, besides price, between the OEM Akebona BBK and the Stop Tech BBK. Anyone know?

Old 03-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks Terry, and Tony for the PM. My only concern is that I live int he east coast, where of course the wether at time during winter can be pretty nasty. Since my wife and I just had a house built, I now have the luxary of parking the ride in the garage. However, new house comes with new price tag. So, unfortunately I don't have the luxary of just staying home. I noticed that APS offers zinc platting for those folks who live might be subjected to harsh weather. Since I will most likely not be tracking this car, and enjoying the benefits of a street set-up, I was wondering if changing the rotors out from the Akebono's with let's say, the AP Racing zinc coated cross drilled would work? The price offered by Tony is insane!!!!

Originally Posted by terrycs
For the street, nothing.

If you're gonna track, the StopTech BBK will provide better cooling. The pads from the G37S are also not set up for track. I think you also get a choice of pads for the StopTech calipers (i.e. street or track)

Last edited by kmuniz78; 03-17-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: correct name
Old 03-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Have no clue. Didn't mean to get off topic from the Akebono BBK. Sorry folks. Will PM Tony later. Thanks!

Old 03-17-2008, 08:22 PM

I have never heard of any rotors rusting in the weather. They usually get wiped clean as soon as you hit the brakes. I would also think the zinc plating will eventually wear through anyway over time.

I also don't know if the AP Racing rotors have the right hats to line up properly in the calipers.

I'd say leave the Akebono BBK alone if it fits unless you wanna do some cosmetic work.

Originally Posted by kmuniz78
Thanks Terry, and Tony for the PM. My only concern is that I live int he east coast, where of course the wether at time during winter can be pretty nasty. Since my wife and I just had a house built, I now have the luxary of parking the ride in the garage. However, new house comes with new price tag. So, unfortunately I don't have the luxary of just staying home. I noticed that APS offers zinc platting for those folks who live might be subjected to harsh weather. Since I will most likely not be tracking this car, and enjoying the benefits of a street set-up, I was wondering if changing the rotors out from the Akebono's with let's say, the AP Racing zinc coated cross drilled would work? The price offered by Tony is insane!!!!

Old 03-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Honda Accord
Originally Posted by terrycs
I have never heard of any rotors rusting in the weather. They usually get wiped clean as soon as you hit the brakes. I would also think the zinc plating will eventually wear through anyway over time.

I also don't know if the AP Racing rotors have the right hats to line up properly in the calipers.

I'd say leave the Akebono BBK alone if it fits unless you wanna do some cosmetic work.
I'm waiting for some aftermarket rotors (x-drilled or slotted) for the new BBK, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon tho'. Also, do you know if anyone is making better pads for the G37 BBK?

Old 03-18-2008, 12:00 AM

They look like standard pads to me. The ones that come with it is your best bet for the street. Less dust and noise than track pads.

You can always pick up a set of track pads if you wanna track your car. You don't have to pull the calipers to change the pads.

I'm waiting for some aftermarket rotors (x-drilled or slotted) for the new BBK, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon tho'. Also, do you know if anyone is making better pads for the G37 BBK?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G37 Sport Big Brake Kit for 07+ G35 Sedans