Just saying Hi, New Owner Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saying Hi, New Owner Houston

Hey just thought i would say hi, I'm a new Black on Black 06' G35 coupe sport owner. Any G35 clubs/groups in Houston? Also any ideas on First mods?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Welcome to the Forum! Which part of H-town are you in? First mod is dependent on what you want really. Do you want show, speed or both? I would say a relatively cheap first mod is clear corners. They run about $35-40. Next you can get a intake manifold spacer (motordyne plenum spacer) and the list can go on and on.

As far as meets some of us will throw out notices about meeting up from time to time so be on the lookout. We dont' have a specific G35 club per say like the Z club of houston where its all G35's but there are show crews like Nexstage, SunWorks, that have G35's in their crew and go to shows together.

Hope this helps you out!

Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks! yeah I'm from Kingwood so the North East side. As for first mods, I'm interested in some performance upgrades and some show lol. I will keep on the look out and hopefully I will get the day off if yall ever go do something.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
You're welcome! Wow! You are out there! hahah J/K....

If you want performance do you're research first(can't stress it enough) on FI (Forced Induction) learn it, love it and hate it. That would be my best advice if you want performance. Bolt-on mods won't give you near as much performance gains. That's also if you're willing to spend that much on it too heheheh Check out the stickies in the Forced Induction section.

Have fun!

Old 01-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Welcome to the club... This is a great forum to start with. You may also want to check out 350z tech (google it)... that site is great and is full of info about Z's but the engine is the same... so its all relevant.

I am out in the NW side near willowbrook... we have G ppl all over houston.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah i heard that this engine doesn't really perform well with bolt on's. Any suggestions on Intake and Exhaust? Thanks for the help guys, im really new at this just making sure i do the right thing.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
As far as intake... Most people here will tell you to stick to a Z-tube and a drop in K&N air filter. I personally went with a fujitsu short ram air intake and love it... it does not hiss too much and it did make a little difference in quickness (I raced my buddy who has an 05 with my 03 and I beat him pretty easily - he has the sport pack and I dont...).

As far as exhaust, go with what you think sounds the best. If you are looking to get power though... test pipes work best at that.

The engine performs great with bolt ons... you just dont see the crazy numbers for the crazy prices that you will end up paying. With a car with a v8 like a mustang/gto/camaro you can pay something like 700 for headers/exhaust/intake and get somewhere around 40 to 50 RWHP where for the G35... you will be lucky to get just exhaust for 700 and only gain about 14 hp at the crank... just my 2c though

BTW... make sure the search button is your friend... most of this has been discussed to death

Old 01-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Latech08
Yeah i heard that this engine doesn't really perform well with bolt on's. Any suggestions on Intake and Exhaust? Thanks for the help guys, im really new at this just making sure i do the right thing.
Yeah your really not going to get much out of bolts ons.....maybe 15-25whp with intake, exhaust, and some tuning.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Sounds good thanks for the help! I ordered my Z-tube and the 5/16's spacer, some 6k HID bulbs, LEDs to replace the orange parking light, and some white bulbs to replace the fog lights.

Still thinking about over lays and if i want to try and do it, also thinking about getting a test pipe.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Haha...sweet well looks like you have a good start. Have fun with the mod bug!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice better see some of yall crusin around htown

Old 01-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Cuong which part of town you from if you don't mind me asking? We may have all seen each other just didn't know we're on driver. Hahah!

Whenever we have a meet you should come out. Keep checking here there will be more posted soon hopefully.

Old 01-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Latech08. 'Driver is definitely a great place to do all your research on any mods you would like to do. Every mod I've ever done I was able to research it thoroughly from the threads on this forum. If you ever need some info on a mod you're looking into, use the search button. It'll be your best friend. There are tons of mods that have been done and covered extensively on the forums. Just don't spend too much time on 'Driver or else you'll research so many mods and want to do everything.

There's this one G with black SSRs, clear corners, LEDs, and a nice drop. I see him around Southwest Houston. Is he on the boards?

Old 01-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Fish - Hmmm who could that be? Do you know?

Old 01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im located in the nw side of houston near the willowbrook mall area

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just saying Hi, New Owner Houston