G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Texas (https://g35driver.com/forums/texas-335/)
-   -   Let's Have a Houston Meet!!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/texas/288690-lets-have-houston-meet.html)

popcornten 05-19-2009 04:49 AM

Let's Have a Houston Meet!!!!

As the summer starts up, let's get a meet going before it gets too d@mn hot. The Memorial park meet last year was brutal!

Maybe meet up at one of the drag strips one of these weekends or take a cruise down to kemah/galveston or something?

NorthSideRacing 05-19-2009 09:38 AM

A cruise to G-town sounds better.

kchristian 05-21-2009 01:05 AM

I'm new to houston. just moved from Hawaii. we had some sick meets out there.

popcornten 05-21-2009 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by kchristian (Post 4240458)
I'm new to houston. just moved from Hawaii. we had some sick meets out there.

Welcome!

If you have ANY questions about the city, places to go, things to do or anything I'm sure one of us can answer anything you can throw at us

Hopefully we'll get a good meet going soon.

soundmike 05-21-2009 09:46 AM

Wanna do it at the Texas Z Party? I'm getting ready to pre-register.

kchristian 05-21-2009 11:16 AM

I was just looking into that. $150 for a track day isn't a bad deal at all.

popcornten 05-21-2009 12:33 PM

If we can get a group, I'd love to go.

Although, I probably wouldn't pay for the track day. I don't wanna be on the track in groups all driving together - Z drivers tend to be more reckless drivers (I believe the Z has the highest number of deaths of any vehicle). I prefer autocross.

christian, if you're looking for track day stuff. Check out Houston SCCA for autocross. Texas World Speedway right outside college station has track day type stuff. Motorsports Ranch does I believe too. I know there's one or two more options I can't remember

soundmike 05-21-2009 03:19 PM

Are you serious? If so, i don't think it's going to be a problem. MSRH is a pretty big track and we'll all be running in groups. The whole thing is also being monitored by MSRH staff, if someone goes out of line they will likely get black flagged.

In any case, judging from the recent post on that thread, it looks like the event will eventually be opened up to other non-Nissan car clubs if registration #'s fall behind.

thenameistuan 05-22-2009 03:29 AM

well if we do a cruise to g-town im down. i wouldnt mind just any meet either. i wouldnt mind seeing some g's drag it but i can't dog my baby =] hope this happens soon fellas

soundmike 05-23-2009 08:19 AM

Guys, even if you don't hit the track, joining in on some of the other activities is only $10. Since Saturday is going to be in MSR, if you really feel the need for speed, their Karting track is awesome and you'll really feel the G's even with the concession karts. (helmets and head socks add to the excitement, and no the karts don't have seatbelts). The karts are available for a minimal fee and run in 15 minute sessions. I've been there before, running 2 sessions and that was *f*u*n*.

Anyhow, I already registered, i hope some of you can make it.

thenameistuan 05-24-2009 03:31 PM

O.o extreme go-karts. . . . somebody make this meet happen!!

soundmike 05-24-2009 04:24 PM

The meet is happening c/o ZCoH. Y'all just need to come! :)

SwanG35 05-25-2009 11:44 PM

that new Sam's Boat on Nasa RD. 1 get pretty good on the weekend...they have a really big parking lot...

thenameistuan 05-28-2009 02:40 PM

shooot if it's happening what's going downnnnnnnn

popcornten 05-28-2009 02:53 PM

Does anyone wanna do this -

Take a cruise up to Texas World Speedway and check out the Performance Driving School? I'm not gonna participate but I want to go watch and see what all happens and they let spectators take a few parade laps around the track at 12:30. I'm thinking maybe meet up in NW Houston around 9 or 10 and drive up to watch for a few hours then head on back? It's Saturday and Sunday, maybe go watch on Saturday. It's right outside college station, so an hour and a half ish from Houston.

Here's the link for the actual event
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/co...=details&did=2