Anyone know anything about Deferred Disposition Laws?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know anything about Deferred Disposition Laws?

So... shitty 6 days, two tickets, etc. I did Defensive Driving within the last year so thats not an option. BUT I'm not on deferred anywhere.

Ticket One is in Lewisville Tx where the info on their site says
You are eligible for Deferred Disposition if:
  • You have not been granted Deferred Disposition in Lewisville within the past 12 months; and
  • You are not currently on Deferred Disposition in some other jurisdiction.
Which currently I meet.

Ticket Two is in The Colony where the info on their site says
  • You must appear at the Municipal Court and enter a no contest or guilty plea.
  • You will be required to pay a deferral fee that day (or you can request an extension to pay the fee).
  • For all alcohol, state, tobacco, speeding violations 25 miles or over, and if an accident was involved at the time of the citation, you must set a court date to see the Judge to request a deferral.
  • Must not have another pending deferred probation case in our court.
  • The standard deferral period is 90 days.
  • If you fail to comply with the conditions of the Deferred Disposition , the Court will schedule a Show Cause hearing before the Judge. If you fail to appear, the Judge will revoke the probation and a Capias Pro Fine warrant of arrest will be issued if the fine is not paid in full within 10 days.
  • Anyone under 25 years old must also complete a Driving Safety Course as a term of the probation.
Which I would STILL meet even if I did deferred on Ticket One first.

My question is:
Do you think i can do deferred in lewisville AND THEN in the colony, cause technically i wouldn't have been on deferred at the time i signed in lewisville

Last edited by 3n1gm4; 03-26-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
it does not say what there conditions of the deferred disposition are...... by accepting the one in the colony you may be violating the one in Lewisville depending on there terms and vice versa .....you could always call and ask. Good luck

Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah I figured I'd be reading the hell out whatever paperwork they gave me to make sure everything was good... just wasn't sure if there was a blanket "law" you couldn't do two deferreds at the same time or something.

Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.