TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

HELP! clutch, transmission, flywheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! clutch, transmission, flywheel

ok heres the deal i just went to the dealership and ive been experiencing a "notchines" in 3rd gear it goes in but not smoothly grinds rarely. They said it is my flywheel and in the process they gotta replace the transmission and clutch with it. ive been reading throughout the boards that this is a problem with the 03-04. My car has 56k miles and is an 03 but isnt this a lil soon for these major problems to happen? They said theyll replace everything but the flywheel which i have to pay for but its pretty costly $1300. Ive read the dealers have replaced this before under warranty what should i do? any comments would greatly be appreciated thanks guys! im in socal and i took it to costa mesa infiniti

Old 08-10-2006, 12:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
try different dealership, the one i went to knew exactly of this problem but jsut never sent out a formal recall, so they replaced EVERYTHING FREE, basically a whole new transmission they said the old tranny's had faulty synchro's...... PM if you want more info, i can e-mail you the receipt and replacement parts that infiniti did

Old 08-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

ive had them same knotchyness on my clutch as well in 3rd gear...they replaced the tarnny master cylinder hopefully i dont have more issues...can ya E MAIL that info me? chobble19@aol.com thanks!

Old 09-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I have a 2006 g35 coupe. I only have 4,500 miles on it and I was having trouble getting it into gear without grinding. I had it towed to the dealer and they still arent sure what the problem is. They have had it for 3 days now. They are supposed to drop the trans tomorrow. I also know a girl who had one(older model) and they replaced the tranny 3 times until she finaly got into an automatic.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
thats total bs...

when they replace the tranny the flywheel should be part of it...

i've had my tranny replaced due to the notorious 5th gear grind (bad syncro)
and my tranny, flywheel and clutch were replaced

you shouldn't have to pay for the flywheel, i truely believe that they're trying to pull a fast one on you

Old 09-10-2006, 02:16 AM
G SQUAD
with all the issues this car has from the tranny's on the 6MT's, Clicking axles, shot window motors, unfixable uneven tire wear, brakes that go bye-bye in like 5-8K miles...and lets not forget little rear deck rattles, grease on windows, cheap *** chipping paint when the wind blows, CD players crappin out, squeaky sun roofs, etc etc

to be frank about it, as much as all of us love the way this car looks...its just not built well..point blank
Best bet all around....enjoy it while you have it...cause yes its F'Kin gorgeous!!...and then when the factory & or extended warranty (if you have one) starts "wearing off" ...

Get rid of the G....cause these issues are not going to fully stop...they will keep coming back...until that sad day when you will have to actually PAY for these costly repairs - right out ya pocket, over and over again! - I know guys that are on their 3rd tranny...and NO they dont beat it like that!

for those that "have it like that" and can swing the repair costs like its nothing....more power to you...
but for those that $1300 means something to you....especially when the thing is only like 3 to 4 years old...hey bail out while you still can.

sorry to say, but those who have 03's and maybe even 04's know this already...so trust that your 05 and 06 is no better
it just hasn't happen to you ....YET!

but TRUST ...they are comin for ya!
MOOOOHAHAHAHAHA! *evil laugh*
but seriously though

Last edited by NYCG35; 09-10-2006 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Let's not forget the engine ping that the dealer told me was normal. And the clutch shutter that one dealer can feel but won't fix because another dealer said there was nothing wrong with it. And how about the flattest sounding stereo system you ever heard. Oh yeah the seat that makes your butt go numb after an hour in it. IMO these cars are not worth 35k+. I should have bought an IS350.

'05 6mt POS.

Trending Topics

Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by techi13
thats total bs...

when they replace the tranny the flywheel should be part of it...
Flywheel is attached to the crank, so they really don't need to replace it for free when they replace your tranny, it would just be nice if they would offer. Maybe tell them you will pay for the clutch/pressure-plate instead and they can throw in the flywheel

And wow there must be some lemons out there because my 05 coupe with 40k miles has never had any issues whatsoever, or did I just get lucky?