TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Headlight Rant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight Rant

What's up everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about an interesting experience involving the 06 headlight recall. I took my car in to the dealership today for some warranty work (tire pressure sensors needed to be recalibrated). I called them to check on the car, and they told me that since the car was in, they had replaced my headlights because of the recall. Little problem, I had Philips 6000K bulbs and PIAA LEDs in the old ones! So I tell them about the bulbs, and they promise to go find them, but refused to reinstall them since they're not stock parts.

It's not the end of the world, but I guess it could serve as a warning to others. I've never seen a dealership replace things without telling you in advance. Hell, I'm used to the other way around, badgering them about a TSB until they finally give in.

At least I know what I'll be doing on Saturday!

Old 05-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aero
What's up everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about an interesting experience involving the 06 headlight recall. I took my car in to the dealership today for some warranty work (tire pressure sensors needed to be recalibrated). I called them to check on the car, and they told me that since the car was in, they had replaced my headlights because of the recall. Little problem, I had Philips 6000K bulbs and PIAA LEDs in the old ones! So I tell them about the bulbs, and they promise to go find them, but refused to reinstall them since they're not stock parts.

It's not the end of the world, but I guess it could serve as a warning to others. I've never seen a dealership replace things without telling you in advance. Hell, I'm used to the other way around, badgering them about a TSB until they finally give in.

At least I know what I'll be doing on Saturday!
So, I was curious as to what difference the replacement headlights do? Did you noticed anything different (i.e. cut-off, higher or lower angle of the driver side/passenger cut-off, brighter, dimmer, etc.). I bought mine after-the-fact (I have an 05) and if it doesn't do anything differently, I won't try and have them replace the headlights.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the car is still at the dealership as we speak. I'll try to examine the lighting pattern this weekend when I put my aftermarket bulbs back in. I put painters tape on the garage wall before I install bulbs, so I should be able to tell if the angle is different.

EDIT: so at least there's some good news. I got a free set of stock bulbs out of it. They had some trouble removing my PIAA's (why, I don't know), so I got to see the whole "process". They took me back to a storage room, the old headlight assemblies were in a Nissan box. The service manager pulled them out so I could get my LEDs out, and he showed me holes that they drilled through the lenses, said it was to prevent anyone from reselling them. Ironically, I met a dude outside who was interested in buying a set of 06 headlights for his coupe, talk about a lost opportunity!

Last edited by aero; 05-07-2007 at 08:34 PM.