TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Buzzing noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buzzing noise

i have a 07 G35 coupe and i've been noticing this buzzing noise from the rear passenger seat. The noise sounds to come from the rear deck/ rear seatbelt area but i really dont have a clue on exactly where it is from. All i know is that the buzzing noise gets louder on the freeway than local driving.

does anybody know what this might be? could be something from the right speaker in the back? Also, could this be something that i can fix myself because im tired of taking my car back to the dealership

thanks guys!

Last edited by hsin420; 09-04-2007 at 08:32 PM. Reason: added more detailed content
Old 11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey what did you ever discover? I've had a sound like this too. Sounds like a prop plane far off in the distance. I've been reading here that it could be the wheel bearing. Still trying to see what others have found to be the problem for similar sounds though. I guess you could have moved on to another car by now, though.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
See if this is solves your issue
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...nterior-2.html
Took me awhile to track this down, essentially you can remove the trim pieces and tap on the circled area (could be on the other side of the car as well) and if you hear a similar tap/buzz sound then its the culprit.

My fix solved the issue, but recently the sound has come back and I need to investigate to see if the other side of the car is problematic or if my initial fix is no longer enough.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Mine is definitely wheel rotation related. I can drive slowly along a curb and hear the sound too. It's not so much a buzz like at high speed, but I think it's the same noise, or same source for both particular sounds. It sounds like there is runout in the wheel. I wish I had the nerve to try lifting the car up and getting the wheels spinning to 50 or 60 mph so I could listen. You'd probably see me on the news, though. I'll see if Infiniti stealership says anything about it when they do their complimentary lookover this week. I'm sure they will be eager to tell me I need work costing more than the car is worth.