TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

CD ERROR FO-Do You Get Your CD's Back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm surprised you dont just burn your CD's. The OEM headunit plays CD-RW's

Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Brian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my CDs stuck in my head unit and the dealer shipped the unit to Infiniti. Infiniti shipped me my CDs in a plain mailer in 3-4 weeks. CDs were in perfect shape, so I was happy because they didn't damage them when extracting them.
I should point out, however, that the CDs got stuck because of my own fault. I took the head unit out and shifted it around and upside down while there were CDs still in the deck. They undoubtedly slipped out of their proper place inside the head unit and got stuck.
The radio didn't give me problems before - I know I caused it.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is an Old problem with the CD players in G's from 03 on, I took mine to this guy I found on Ebay
xiao huang, xw1600@yahoo.com
2 years ago and have had 0 problems since, he fixed mine in a day for ALLOT less than the STEALership.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this same problem, but my CD player stopped functioning immediately after going over some railroad tracks. Literally was listening to some tunes, went over the tracks, and BOOM! ..got a CD error and nothing wanted to eject.

Got CDs mailed back to me from Japan. I was like WTF? Dang...

Old 12-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
mine did that at 73k havent takin it in i dont want to pay for it. so i guess ill stick to xm and my ipod

Old 01-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Clarion prohibits us from disassembling the audio units before sending back in for the exchange program, so they have to stay in there. Yes they do send them back.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by snakes1021
mine did that at 73k havent takin it in i dont want to pay for it. so i guess ill stick to xm and my ipod
Just a suggestion that worked for me...my 2nd head unit did the same and I was crappin bricks cause I was way out of warranty. Well, I grabbed and extra cd and pressed it into the slot while hitting the eject and it managed to dislodge the jam. Worth a shot..

Old 01-16-2009, 06:27 PM
How much did it cost you guys to get your OEM HU replaced?

Old 01-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi,

I had this trouble on my 03 Skyline 350GT with the Bose.
I didn't do anything and about a month later the jammed disc ejected itself and after that it was OK.

In my case the cause was the CD's label. An edge of the label had lifted and it caused the jam. Somehow it freed itself so I was lucky.

Wayne

Old 05-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by VNT
Anyone used CD-R and CD-RW's when this happened?
I had all CD-Rs and I got them all back, not that it would have been a travesty had I not. I've got 88k on mine now, so it's obviously out of warranty, but I let both Nissan and Infiniti have it relentlessly, and finally they agreed to pay 576 of the 776 that the stealership wanted. Bose automotive is very helpful, by the way, if you have a rattling coming from the sub (torn voice coil due to poor placement/protection-sun damage). They sent me a new sub free of charge as opposed to paying 500+ not incl labor at Infiniti.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Mine crapped out... So then I didn't use it for awhile and now it's working better than before! Previously, I would hear "static" when playing cd's, but now it's crystal clear =D

Old 10-27-2009, 07:18 PM
This damm thing just happend to me on the way home from work ,

CD ERR F0 , i just finished fixing somthing on my G , 2 days ago.

after reading the thread ive come to the conclusion that it is possible to fix its self and ejct the CDs insode also some have gone 6 months and nothing .

i still have warranty but with 4 people on vacation at work my chances of taking a day off are slim to none.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 PM
just tried every possible combination i could to get them out and no luck.

If you turn the ignition on and press load it will allow you to eject right after by selecting a CD to eject however keep holding it and it will say EJECT ALL but this too did not work.

ill try go to the dealer next week.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:50 PM
TRIED ALL SOLUTIONS ABOVE AND NONE WORKED....UNTIL I INVENTED MY OWN SOLUTION AND SAVED MYSELF $500. READ BELOW TO SEE HOW I DID IT:

I figured mine got jammed after running over a speed bump and jarring the underbody of the car. No sounds were coming from the CD player after that. Just read "CD ERR FO." There was no whirring noise, or noise that sounded like a CD was trying to spin. Therefore, my assumption was that it got jammed or dislodged somehow during the bump. I was right.

To fix, I applied the same prescription that caused the problem to begin with: jarring and dislodging the head unit. I used my fists on either side of the head unit and banged it with increased vigor, all while pressing the eject button. Sure enough, after several attempts, it spit them out.

The key is: DO NOT GIVE UP! Even if you try this method (given you think your player is jammed or stuck and there isnt a bigger electronic issue at hand), and it doesnt seem to work, keep going! I almost gave up but figured "what the hell" and pounded at it. All is better now.

Thanks for all the ideas and inspiration!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:52 PM
happened to me yesterday,

it said "PRESS EJECT" then when i pressed eject nothing happened. now, when i try to switch to CD, the screen blanks out. wtf. i'll try pounding it with my fist haha.

any other suggestions? and does anyone know what the warranty is on that headunit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CD ERROR FO-Do You Get Your CD's Back?