TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

CD ERROR FO-Do You Get Your CD's Back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 02:08 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan
CD ERROR FO-Do You Get Your CD's Back?

My second CD changer crapped out on me. I managed to eject two of the four CD's before total meltdown. My question is when the dealer replaces the head unit, do you get your stuck CD's back? Or are they lost to the evil, ravenous Bose CD changer that Infiniti has cursed us with?

"No highs, no lows, must be Bose".

Old 03-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: CD ERROR FO-Do You Get Your CD's Back?

They take your info at the dealer and the CDs are sent back to you from Clarion.

<font color=blue>Merlin</font color=blue>

Old 03-14-2003, 11:40 AM

The Bose head units were on backorder when mine crapped out in January. Took a month for them to get in a replacement. Then it takes "60-90 days" for them to ship your unit back to Clarion, have them ship it to a subcontractor, remove the CD's, ship them back to Clarion, then ship them back to your dealer.

My local dealership is less than helpful in keeping on top of where my CD's are in the process. However, if you call Infiniti's customer service line, 800-662-6200, at least you get to talk to a cheerful person who can honestly tell you where your CD's are and why it's taking so long. It's better than the "we just ship them off, and they come back when they come back" attitude.

Estimate a 4-month delay for the return of your CD's, from the date you first report the unit jammed.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-14-2003, 12:54 PM
VNT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone used CD-R and CD-RW's when this happened?

Old 03-14-2003, 01:04 PM

I was using standard store-bough music CD's only. My service advisor did ask me that question. I can understand that some CD players may not be able to play CD-R discs, but I really don't understand how a CD-R could jam they player.. they're the same physical size/shape.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 03-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Staff ALUMNI

Probably goes into a loop when it does not recognize the media, so it is noit smart enough to know what to do. Should make the player just eject it.

<font color=blue>Merlin</font color=blue>

Old 03-14-2003, 04:05 PM

it took them 2 months to ship my CD back... and if I hadn't gone to the dealer asking for them, the dealer wouldn't even have known that the CDs are shipped back.... my last name is Chiu, but the CDs were labeled for "Mr. Chili"...... stupid clarion ppl.... and two of my CDs were scratched really badly....

Old 03-14-2003, 08:50 PM

i don't believe cd-r's are the problem, 5 out of the 6 cd,s in my cd player are cd-r's with lables on them and i don't have a problem. when i bought my car, my sales rep told me to load the cd-s in order. for example dont put a cd in slot 1, slot 2, slot 4, and slot 5, he said to keep them together or you will get an error code like the one that was mentioned. so we are not the only ones with this probablem i was one of the first to purchas a coupe from this dealer, so my quess is all the infiniti's with this changer have that problem.

Old 03-15-2003, 12:05 PM

I've been using Verbaitums Vinyl CD-R's with no problems... They look like Mini 45 rpm records, even has the vinyl grooves on the surface.

Old 03-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Sedan

Thanks for all the info people. Just for the record the CD's were store bought, not CD-R's and I have played CD-R's in the G before without a problem.

...Eloy AKA Skeleton Cru

Old 06-12-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered

argh...just happened to me yesterday...my cd player was working perfectly well..but i think it has something to do with curcuit board they replaced..

This sucks...does anyone know if this is caused by the curcuit board that is in the backend of the center console..

Old 06-12-2003, 01:24 PM

they 'upgraded' my circuit board and when i was driving my car away i found out that the cd player didn't work and gave me that error.
i turned around and they reset it for me.
for me, it was 100% due to the installation of the new circuit board. Never had this problem before, or since.

Old 06-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Registered

dang..i just knew it...i dun know y they mess with it if there's no problems..it doesn't make sense too me..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CD ERROR FO-Do You Get Your CD's Back?