TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

2003 g35 dying while driving.. almost crashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 g35 dying while driving.. almost crashing

First or second post here...

my car keeps dying...this is what the guys at amaco said the codes where saying might need to be replaced.

2 cam position sensors

crank position sensor

I then found this info online...however my vin is not covered....

any suggestions?

---------------------------------

cam position senor
Recall ID# 03V455000 - ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING

Recall Date:
NOV 17, 2003

Model Affected:
2003 INFINITI G35

Summary:
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES, THE CIRCUIT BOARD FOR THE CRANK POSITION SENSOR OR CAM POSITION SENSOR MAY HAVE AN IMPROPER SOLDER JOINT DUE TO SOLDER DEFORMATION CAUSED BY HEAT STRESS ACCELERATED BY THE EXISTENCE OF FLUX RESIDUE DURING THE SOLDERING PROCESS.

Consequence:
THIS COULD CAUSE THE "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" WARNING LIGHT TO COME ON, CREATE A NO START CONDITION, CAUSE REDUCED ENGINE POWER, OR CAUSE THE ENGINE TO STOP RUNNING WITHOUT WARNING DURING VEHICLE OPERATION, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH.

Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE CRANK POSITION SENSORS. CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR(S), AND IN SOME CASES, THE VARIABLE TIMING CONTROL SENSOR(S). VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A PREVIOUS RECALL CAMPAIGN, 01V357, ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS NEW CAMPAIGN. THE REPLACEMENT SENSORS USED IN THAT CAMPAIGN ARE ALSO AFFECTED. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN ON DECEMBER 22, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261 OR INFINITI AT 1-800-662-6200.

Potential Units Affected:

Old 06-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
so this is a recall... ive already blown a motor and bout to lose another one cuz of this damn sensor

Old 06-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
so got mine changed and now have knock sensor code and evap code... i think the evap code is from when the dealer replaced my cam sensors though... weird knock sensor code came on b4 i even left parking lot after picking it up at dealer

Old 07-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does it die only on idle or when you lift off throttle?

Old 07-21-2009, 06:32 PM
got my parts from infintipartsusa..

Got all my sensors finally, hoping to spend the next weekend putting them and changing my plugs..

202 bux for all three sensors, crank, and 2 cam position sensors..

Maybe this will get rid of the evil unicorn that lives in my car.

It dies after coming off of the freeway going from higher rpms to lower...but it will turn right back on..

I dunno, im over this car, its thirsty for gas and rarly fun to drive.

I will take pictures of the unicorn if i find it.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
where is the crank sensor located? underneath the car?

pics please

Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Should be close to the crankshaft pulley.

Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by koreycon
Got all my sensors finally, hoping to spend the next weekend putting them and changing my plugs..

202 bux for all three sensors, crank, and 2 cam position sensors..

Maybe this will get rid of the evil unicorn that lives in my car.

It dies after coming off of the freeway going from higher rpms to lower...but it will turn right back on..

I dunno, im over this car, its thirsty for gas and rarly fun to drive.

I will take pictures of the unicorn if i find it.

Thats too bad that your getting thrown off of these cars because the one you bought is having problems. I have owned my 2004 g35 sedan for a little over a year and have had no problems whatsoever. It sucks for you because these cars can be really fun to drive and I average 24 mpg on the highway with close to 300hp!

Old 04-25-2012, 02:42 PM
x2

Same problem 2003 sedan
Car died while driving, would not want to start back up. Then after 15 or so minutes starts.
Changed ECU and MAF and it did it again.... I am changing the sensors and getting rid of it too.... somehow I do not trust this car anymore.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Zombie Thread Apocalypse is amongst us!

Nicram, is it throwing any codes? I had a problem with my wife's g35 randomly dying. I pulled codes using my scanner and got P0340. Changed the passenger side cam sensor and all is good. You shouldn't just throw parts at it blindly. It's a waste of time and money. A good scanner is worth its weight in gold. We've owned our G35 for 5 years now and that's the only mechanical problem we've had so far.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm not sure if this is related but my 04 G35x had a similar condition. It would shut off and would not turn back on. It went to the dealer and the first time they replaced the cam position sensors (only 2). Then it started happening again. It went back to the dealer and they replaced a few more sensors along with the engine wire harness. This was at least 3yrs ago and I never had a problem with my car since then.

Bottom line, chase down the bug and get rid of it. You will have a reliable car.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 AM
i have a 2004 sedan g35 and recently had my interior all redone from carpet on up. i notice now that when i drive the car just dies on me n locks up my wheel. i had the car towed home. i have a new battery i put in my slow charger and had battery n alt tested all good. driving lass nite from the movies car dies as i was on my road to my house., i thru it in neutral to try to start it and after about 5-10 seconds car started right up i have no codes on dash.. can u help?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
Had my camshaft sensor make my car died in middle of a busy road. All SES light came on. Waited 5 minutes. Turned back on. I was happy cuz an autozone was nearby. It died again halfway on the entrance. FML. Eventualy replaced that sensor and never had the problem again.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have had a few fail on me (cam and crank) due to engine bay heat and the way my car is used... Anyways I actually looked into the problem more and found that my harness on the pass side head had a small cut in it (barely able to see) and when we swapped it for a new clip I have since had no more issues.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Car keeps shutting

Hey guys I see most of the people are having this problem
I have 04 g35 coupe and the problem is when I start my car after driving for a while it starts and then the rpm takes a complete dip and the car shuts off and I have no service engine light either but any suggestions please help

Also my car would shut off while coming off the highway but I cleaned my maf sensor and tested it and so far so good but the main problem now is car keeps shutting off once I start it

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2003 g35 dying while driving.. almost crashing