TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Tire Pressure Light On All the Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Coupe94- Does it flash for the first minute after starting the car, THEN go steady? Or is it always steady?

Old 02-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Marlin84
Coupe94- Does it flash for the first minute after starting the car, THEN go steady? Or is it always steady?
Yep, it flashes then goes steady.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
If you're in the bay area PM me and we'll set up a time for me to diag your TPMS (free)

The following users liked this post:
06G35Coupe94 (02-28-2012)
Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by bythabay
If you're in the bay area PM me and we'll set up a time for me to diag your TPMS (free)
Thanks! Only if this was 4 years ago lol. Im in kansas now What do you think could be the problem though??

Old 02-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 06G35Coupe94
Thanks! Only if this was 4 years ago lol. Im in kansas now What do you think could be the problem though??
It could be a few things. Most common issue I've seen is broad tire pressure differences. For example, say at night it gets really cold, so you adjust your tire pressure to cold spec. During the daytime it gets hotter and this causes the pressure to go up. The higher pressure coupled with aggressive cornering will raise the pressure even higher - this can cause the tire pressure to exceed the maximum allowed threshold, thus setting off the TPMS light. There is also a condition where the TPMS will tell you that there is a general malfunction, however, I'd have to look up exactly what the feedback is for that.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all of these issues shouldn't there be a way to turn off the entire system? I'd hate to do this since the system is for safety, but I check my tires at least once a month and I really think I could also feel the car driving differently if the tire was that low.
My TPM light was on during my test drive a month ago and they said it was just due to low tire pressure. I've had the car for <3 weeks and this morning about 1 mile from my house I heard a 3-4 second beep and then noticed the TPM light came on. Has anyone else heard the long beep when their light comes on?
I stopped at the gas station down the road and put my $.75 in and the machine was broken. Someone had written Out of Order on with a Sharpie, but it was scratched out. I want to return with spray paint and write it again much larger! I wanted a compressor to keep in the car anyway so I ran to Sears a few minutes ago during lunch and purchased one. All 4 tires checked out ok, maybe 1-2 lbs. low. I know the spare on my wife's '09 RAV has a TPM sensor on the spare so I pulled the donut from my trunk. Oddly it is unused, but was upside down in the well where the spare goes. Anyway, the spare was under 20 psi and it says to inflate it to 60. I pumped it up to 40, but had to grab lunch and get back to work. I'll pump it up to 60 psi tonight, but I doubt the donut has a TPM sensor in it so my light will probably remain. Ughhh.
I'll have to check the extended warranty I purchased with the car. Hopefully it will cover this if pumping up the spare doesn't take care of it, which I'm not expecting it to.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tony.G35
My TPM light was on during my test drive a month ago and they said it was just due to low tire pressure. I've had the car for <3 weeks and this morning about 1 mile from my house I heard a 3-4 second beep and then noticed the TPM light came on. Has anyone else heard the long beep when their light comes on?
All 4 tires checked out ok, maybe 1-2 lbs. low. I know the spare on my wife's '09 RAV has a TPM sensor on the spare so I pulled the donut from my trunk. Oddly it is unused, but was upside down in the well where the spare goes. Anyway, the spare was under 20 psi and it says to inflate it to 60. I pumped it up to 40, but had to grab lunch and get back to work. I'll pump it up to 60 psi tonight, but I doubt the donut has a TPM sensor in it so my light will probably remain. Ughhh.
Never heard a long beep before. My light also came on during my test drive and before I took delivery it went in the shop to be looked at. When I picked it up he said it was fixed but didnt tell me how. Shortly after I left it came on again. I'd checked all the pressures which were within spec, and the spare which was low, and the light still comes on. My spare is full size and does seem to have a sensor which the book states otherwise. The valve stem is metal like the rest. After adjusting pressures the light still comes on but after a longer period of time. I spoke with my service advisor later to see what they did and he wasnt really clear on what they found. He said it may have something to do with voltage and would have to be diagnosed. What the??? One would think the light would flash if there was an error. But that is where I stand at this point.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
http://infinitihelp.com

Lots of great info here, just gotta look for it. There should be something on how to reset the sensors, etc... as well.

The following users liked this post:
dj714 (10-05-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I have the same problem with the light also it just stays on they should recall,it

Old 09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
shoot samwe thing just happened on my o6 had my tires at 50 psi no light brought it down to 40 got the light maybe i over filled my tires and messed up my tires sensor? maybe i have no tire sensor from bagging my car ( because i do) how ever the light flashes when i start my car then stays on i check my tires after driving their all equal at 40 psi I'm join got try 35 psi right now if any of you guys could tell me whats u thinks wrong thats be great thanks !!!!

Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Hemsky
shoot samwe thing just happened on my o6 had my tires at 50 psi no light brought it down to 40 got the light maybe i over filled my tires and messed up my tires sensor? maybe i have no tire sensor from bagging my car ( because i do) how ever the light flashes when i start my car then stays on i check my tires after driving their all equal at 40 psi I'm join got try 35 psi right now if any of you guys could tell me whats u thinks wrong thats be great thanks !!!!
Your sensors may have calibrated themselves to the high psi then triggered it to come on??? Mine has also been acting strange. It doesn't come on anymore. :-) didn't do anything out of the norm besides normal tire rotations and checking psi regularly. Maybe just wait it out.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The sensors are position sensitive. If you rotate the tires you will have to reset the computer to recognize the new positions.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:25 PM
flashes for a minute then goes steady

Old 10-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The light is on my recently 06 G coupe I traded for about two months ago. It came with after market tires but have two air stems one on the outer part of the lip and one behind one oh the spokes. checked all the pressure and one of the tires was very low filled all 4 to around 45psi per the requirements on the tires not to excide 50psi but the light is still one.

Do I need to use nitrogen or what ever it is or just regular air?
Also do I need to put in the air directly in to the tmps sensor stem or what can I do to reset the light?

Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Low Pressure Light On

I just purchased a 2006 G35 and love it. New to this forum and have the same problem with mine. Didn't notice it when I was test driving it, but now it's on. I have low profile tires that say 50lbs max. When I checked them, they were at 35lbs and road smoothly. I pumped them up to 45lbs and the ride was much rougher and the light was still on. I really don't want to put them up to 50lbs and after reading what everyone was saying, it most likely won't make the light go off anyway. Any suggestions? Sorry for the long message...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Light On All the Time