TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

TSB... does warranty coverage matter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSB... does warranty coverage matter?

does nissan/infiniti repair all TSBs even if the vehicle passed the warranty coverage? yes? no? does the warranty even matter?

i brought my car in at a dealership for a TSB regarding a 'clicking noise coming from the rear axle'. my car has past warranty @ 60k miles and the service tech advisor tells me the dealership cannot work on my car. naturally, i become outraged... so i talk to his "boss". the so-called "boss" tells me they can talk to infiniti HQ and ask for a good-will service to fix this garbage. this is non-sense.

generally i have a feeling the stealership is trying to ****** some money from me because my g looks 'expensive' with the modifications. clearly, i'll avoid this stealership from now on.

thoughts?

ps: i posted this up in the g35c forum, but i find it more appropriate to post one in here. sorry for the post *****-ness.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no...a TSB is a defect by manufacturer and so is honored as a "recall"...should not have to pay a dime

Old 02-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tsb's are not recalls...

The repairs won't be under warranty. unless it's possibly under powertrain coverage?

Old 02-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by panda007
does nissan/infiniti repair all TSBs even if the vehicle passed the warranty coverage? yes? no? does the warranty even matter?

i brought my car in at a dealership for a TSB regarding a 'clicking noise coming from the rear axle'. my car has past warranty @ 60k miles and the service tech advisor tells me the dealership cannot work on my car. naturally, i become outraged... so i talk to his "boss". the so-called "boss" tells me they can talk to infiniti HQ and ask for a good-will service to fix this garbage. this is non-sense.

generally i have a feeling the stealership is trying to ****** some money from me because my g looks 'expensive' with the modifications. clearly, i'll avoid this stealership from now on.

thoughts?

ps: i posted this up in the g35c forum, but i find it more appropriate to post one in here. sorry for the post *****-ness.

It sounds like the dealership acted properly from a "by the book" way but not from a customer satisfaction/retention perspective. hopefully they will look after you or find another that will.
I doubt however their response had anything to do with how "expensive" your G might have looked.

Last edited by RBull; 02-18-2006 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by tdm racer
Tsb's are not recalls...

The repairs won't be under warranty. unless it's possibly under powertrain coverage?
Agree. Doesn't Infinity offer 4/60 basic warranty and 5/70 powertrain warranty? Axles would seem to be powertrain.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by bltzkrg
Agree. Doesn't Infinity offer 4/60 basic warranty and 5/70 powertrain warranty? Axles would seem to be powertrain.
Yes, the axles are part of the powertrain warranty.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
no...a TSB is a defect by manufacturer and so is honored as a "recall"...should not have to pay a dime
You are incorrect. Something covered by a TSB is not covered under warranty unless the vehicle is within the warranty period. A "Recall" will always be covered under warrnaty even if you have 300,000 miles.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Sorry to bring this back to life, but I just wanted to be clear on the impact of warranty on TSB/recalls.

Am I right saying that recalls are always covered for free while TSBs have to be within warranty period to be free? What warranty would apply, and what if you're outside of warranty? Do you have to pay full parts and labor for a problem that Infinity admits to?

Old 03-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by insz
Sorry to bring this back to life, but I just wanted to be clear on the impact of warranty on TSB/recalls.

Am I right saying that recalls are always covered for free while TSBs have to be within warranty period to be free? What warranty would apply, and what if you're outside of warranty? Do you have to pay full parts and labor for a problem that Infinity admits to?
Yes, a recall is always covered. TSB's are only covered if your vehicle is still under warranty. Yes you have to pay full parts and labor.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Thanks Destro

I'm going to the dealership later this week, but before I go I'm just trying to get as much info as I can.

So, for example, my coupe has a bad rattle from the rear parcel shelf that's referenced in a TSB (http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-023.htm)

It's an 03, and still has basic warranty coverage, but from the warranty manual, rattles are only covered for the first year. So, would this TSB only be valid for cars that are a year old or less?

Some TSBs cover things like the clock being hard to read (http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB02-079.htm), and can be replaced by a clock with thicker hands. Is this a warranty type replacement, or what? Would this ever have been free work?

Old 03-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by insz
Thanks Destro

I'm going to the dealership later this week, but before I go I'm just trying to get as much info as I can.

So, for example, my coupe has a bad rattle from the rear parcel shelf that's referenced in a TSB (http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB03-023.htm)

It's an 03, and still has basic warranty coverage, but from the warranty manual, rattles are only covered for the first year. So, would this TSB only be valid for cars that are a year old or less?

Some TSBs cover things like the clock being hard to read (http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB02-079.htm), and can be replaced by a clock with thicker hands. Is this a warranty type replacement, or what? Would this ever have been free work?
Squeeks and rattles can be covered under the basic warranty, so that rear parcel shelf rattle can be covered for 4 years/60,000 miles. The replacement of your clock would be covered as well. Some extended warranties MIGHT also cover the clock, I am not too familiar with Infiniti extended warranties, only Nissan's. The squeeks and rattles are usually not covered by extended warranty.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by budzara
Really? Cause I just bought my 03 coupe like 2 months ago with 32k on it and got the extended warranty. I am about to bring it in for a squeek that happens when I go over bumpy roads and the car shakes side to side, rather than front to back. Are you telling me they won't cover that?
Your basic warranty is for 4 years or 60,000 miles, so your still covered anyway. And your problem may be more than just a squeek.
When I say squeeks and rattles, I mean like interior trim and stuff like that. If there is some major squeeking from your suspension that is more than likely a different kind of problem.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the info Destro. Very helpfull.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by budzara
I just put 20's on with Tein S-techs and I was going to replace my shocks with the Tokiko D-Spec, but the guy was like you're stock shocks will be good for another 10-15k miles. I think my shocks might be f'ed up. I can't figure out where the hell that squeek is coming from. It's driving me crazy!!! Sounds like a chew toy.
If you cahnged the suspension, like with new springs, and your shock is f-ed up, they will not warranty that.