Technosquare reflash or UpRev?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Technosquare reflash or UpRev?

my car is in need of a tune right now, and i was not sure which tune i should go with. i have an 04.5 5at with CAI, Cat Deletes, Spacer, and XO2 exhaust. i heard that the technosquare reflash will help my transmission shift a bit qwicker??? not sure if thats true, and i also heard about the technosquare reflash allowing my throttle body to open up 100% of the way instead of 80%. will the uprev tuning do the same things?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I know you could get just the rev limiter moved up (7100rpm) and the throttle full open at WOT for around $250 at TS.
Moving the rev limit up I believe raises the shift point of 2nd gear to just past 60 mph instead of before it. But maybe there's more involved.

But with your exhaust changes for sure you will want the full boat, esp. A/F ratio no matter who does it.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To do it right, you need to get on a dyno with your current setup and send the air/fuel ratios to TS. Then get the F-Spec reflash with the fuel optimized. You will be happy.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
As far as I know TS does not have any TCM upgrades. At least the last time I emailed them the didn't.

If you go Osyris and if you have the oem widebands, it's much easier to data log and get email flashes. If not you have to dyno as ballisticus said.

But remember:

TS = you have to send them your ecu and wait.
UpRev = you have to buy their OBDII + Reflash package that's around $700. But you don't have to send in your ECU. Their OBDII diagnostics is very nice to have also.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:49 PM
From the TS website:

I have an automatic. Can you change the shift points?

No, however we can raise the rev limiter so the car will rev higher before shifting; if it’s hitting the rev limiter.

The Technosquare ECU flash also changes the electronic throttle control setting.
Even if you push the gas pedal to floor, it doesn't mean your throttle is opening 100%.
Nissan sets the throttle characteristic for various particulars, such as torque management for drivability, or Venturi effect for faster induction and more. This is fine for the average Joe content to run his car stock, but a lot of enthusiastic drivers find it very annoying.
Technosquare puts you in control of the throttle (but still maintaining VDC or TRC features), so when you step on the gas pedal all the way, the throttle opens all the way and stays open.

REV limiter modification
A 7100 RPM (stock 6600 RPM) rev limit is set to take advantage of top end horsepower.
The stock rev limit was set way too low. Some of you may be having the problem of hitting the fuel cut at hard acceleration. We found this very annoying as we increased power at the higher rpm range. Hitting the rev limiter too often, could actually damage the engine since it is achieved by cutting fuel. By adding an extra 500 rpm, we can avoid hitting the rev limiter while protecting the motor.

You can read about all the other changes here:

www.technosquareinc.com

As said, you need to send your ECU in.

Last edited by fortified; 09-21-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Red Card Crew

Yup, that's the L-spec version. I "think" UpRev can do all of that also. But I don't think they offer just the L-spec as you desicribed.

Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Yup, that's the L-spec version. I "think" UpRev can do all of that also. But I don't think they offer just the L-spec as you desicribed.
I know they did at one time. And I was sure it was $249...but I don't see it now..not the easiest site to navigate. Info is spread all over the place. You can always call. Probably not a bad mod at that price if you plan to stay NA.
But with exhaust changes you definitely want more!

Old 09-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
I was going with TS until the UpRev Osiris came out. The UpRev Osiris is every bit of good as the TS plus more features

Old 09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Red Card Crew

But it's A few hundred more. but you do get OBDII diagnostics also. Which IMHO is worth it.

but some might not want to buy the OBDII stuff.

But the ability to flash w/o the need to send in the ecu is a BIG deal to me.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:01 PM
so will the uprev raise my rev limiter to 7100 and make my TB open up all the way and stay open during WOT? does anyone have the number to uprev?

Old 09-21-2007, 05:11 PM
_jb
Photographer

Interesting discussion! There are several things to look at when deciding between TechnoSquare's reflash and UpRev's Osiris reflash.

The first item of discussion should always be quality. I have head nothing but good things about the quality of both of these companies. If you live close to one of them, I would say drive there and have them do a live tune on their dyno... nothing is better than a personalized dyno tune.

As far as differences between Technosquare's reflash and UpRev's Osiris, there are four major differences.

1. Osiris connects through the OBD2 port and can flash your ECU without mailing it away. That's a big advantage if your car is a daily driver.

2. Osiris comes with an additional product named Cipher. Cipher monitors ECU parameters through the OBD2 port and can monitor and log the Air/Fuel ratio, timing, and many other parameters.

3. UpRev can use Cipher logs to create customized ECU maps for each car. UpRev e-mails these maps back to you and you install them using Osiris without mailing your ECU anywhere. This is the next best thing to a live dyno tune.

4. UpRev doesn't currently charge for additional ECU maps, so you can update and reflash your ECU without cost using Osiris. Additional custom ECU flashes do not require another purchase.

I realize that my answers are pretty pro-Osiris, but that's why I bought it. I'm not affiliated in any way with UpRev, other then being a satisfied customer.

I suspect Technosquare is working behind the scenes to create a program similar to Osiris.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
1+ on those points jb. Same reason why I changed my goal from TS to UpRev. Don't get my wrong, the TS is superb. But the UpRev just has the slight advantage as of now. Besides, the Cipher is a huge plus for me.

PS. I believe you can get the UpRev Osiris for around $400 dollars WITHOUT the Cipher? Someone correct me if im wrong.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Red Card Crew

You need to have the later 05+ G/Zs w/ widebands to fully ultilize the Osiris data logging + email + reflash.

If you have an non-wideband version, you have to get yourself to a dyno and have then run it w/ the a/f option.

Or if you have an aftermarket wideband with datalogger, you probably could send those in.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:17 PM
_jb
Photographer

Originally Posted by GrayG35
so will the uprev raise my rev limiter to 7100 and make my TB open up all the way and stay open during WOT? does anyone have the number to uprev?
UpRev can set the rev limit to whatever you want. UpRev also fixes the throttle body.

I forgot to mention in my last message that Osiris burns five (5) maps into the stock ECU. That opens up a lot of possibilities. I have a full performance map for 93 octane gasoline with a rev limit of 7200, and another "Valet" map with a rev limit of 3500 and a speed limit of 35mph. You change between maps using the cruise control buttons. It works pretty slick.

http://uprev.com/products/osiris_NI.html

There's the link to Osiris. Check out Cipher, too.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
sounds like im going to be going with uprev. i like the idea of having multiple maps and free reflashes, not to mention that i am in san antonio tx which is only like ~70 miles from austin this way i can have them tune it there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Technosquare reflash or UpRev?