Its done!! All by me (almost)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:24 AM
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Its done!! All by me (almost)!

Well my TTG35 is finally done for now. After building an engine totally by myself the car is up and running and running very well. I have the engine running on a Haltech EMS and a heavily built engine which after I get my transmission I am gonna try and pull 700 horses out of it. It was about 6 months ago when I just had a crankshaft and a .020 overbore block. In about 6 months of time I had built up the engine with the tightest tolerances that I could produce and now my work is finally up and running! I got it to idle nice, run pretty strong (needs to be put on a dyno for a full tune) but for a street tune it is pretty good. It has been a hell of a project costing a fortune and having it VERY HARD at times but I pulled through and got it done. Building the engine while it was hard wasn't all that bad. I have been working with engines since I was 12 and stuff just comes almost comes by second nature to me. Thats not to say it was nothing to build it was a challange but I was able to do it with only asking a few questions. The tuning part was the much harder part from my expeince. I am use to tuning engines with carbs not computers. So with help from Sharif@Forged I was able to learn what I needed to learn to be able to tune the car pretty well for a street tune. Tuning that car was def the hardest part.

For those of you looking to build your own engine I would be more then happy to help you along the way. And people looking into get a Haltech EMS I recommend it more then any other EMS. Even though I have never tried the Fcon the Haltech EMS isn't locked like the Fcon and that is why I recommend it over the Fcon. However if you are looking for professional help well look to the next paragraph.

I wanna take this time to thank a couple of people. First and foremost I have to thank Sharif @ Forged. He has helped me out so much with advice, buying parts and helping me work out areas of concern when the engine was being built. He help me over the phone with tuning and just I cannot thank him enough!!! Anybody looking to get parts/need help with stuff I recommend Sharif@Forged more then anyone he is a great guy and knows his stuff!!! I also want to thank Hal @Injected performance. He too has helped me along the way with the tune and getting it up and running. He is a great guy too! This is why I say I ALMOST built the engine myself I mean I did all the work but I need some guidance along the way. Thank you so much to everyone!!!!

If anyone would like more information I would be more then happy to supply you with all the information that I can give. I know sometimes on these forums I may make mistakes on my post but I do know my stuff and this can prove it!!

Last edited by 88G35; 01-28-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-28-2008 | 10:45 AM
congrats on the build. any pics? also wanna see some numbers after you get it dyno tuned.

Old 01-28-2008 | 10:50 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats as well now

Old 01-28-2008 | 11:12 AM
|
I will get some pics up tonight!

Old 01-28-2008 | 11:14 AM
wow. good stuff.

Old 01-28-2008 | 01:13 PM
|
Here are some pics! I will get more pics of the engine installed later tomorrow.

Old 01-28-2008 | 05:06 PM
_jb
Photographer
Premier Member
Congratulations!

That's a heck of a lot of work!

Old 01-28-2008 | 06:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 88G35
Here are some pics! I will get more pics of the engine installed later tomorrow.
Wait, this car is done right?

Congratulations on everything. I'm very interested in seeing more pics as well.

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Wait, this car is done right?

Congratulations on everything. I'm very interested in seeing more pics as well.
Yes this car is done, what I meant to say is that I will take photos of the engine in car. Sorry I might of phrased that so it seems like I just installed it lol

Old 01-28-2008 | 08:24 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
damn that engine looks like a BEAST!

Old 01-29-2008 | 06:58 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
More insight into the haltech!! Have you touched a utec before? If so how do ya think it compares? Congratz on the build! Hope you reach your numbers!!

Old 01-29-2008 | 11:42 PM
|
Yes i had UTEC previous to the Haltech. Personaly I love to Haltech system and setup. Don't get me wrong the UTEC is a good system and not everyone needs the power and the price lol of a Haltech. The resolution is a lot better on the Haltech then the UTEC and IMO I think the Haltech is much easier to work with. I had a lot of problems with the utec such as setting up injector size, speed density mode maybe it was just a dumb thing on my part but it didn't seem as benificial as the Haltech. The one thing that I really like about the Haltech is it ability to do open loop boost controling through the Haltech which has its own MAP sensor (comes in handy) and also how you can tune by VE, Injection timing, and Lambda Correction. It allows you to make it easier for you based on what you know already to an extent. The resolution is very nice too it allows you to get real specific into what you want you engine to do. While it is only street tuned I can't wait to take it down to Forged and have it Professionaly tuned hehe. If your looking into buying one talk to Sharif@forged or Hal@Injected they are both great guys and will help you on your choice.

When I first got the Haltech I was like OMFG it looked so complex and don't get me wrong it is a very complex system but working with Sharif@Forged and just reading and reading and reading I finally got the hang of it. I reccomend this system over any other one.

Old 01-30-2008 | 12:02 AM
The goblin resurrection
Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
Premier Member
congrats sounds like a great time very glad to see that you completed it cant wait for more pics and dyno numbers

Old 02-07-2008 | 02:59 PM
|
Found another pic. And yes I know the oil line goes on the inside of the turbo it is like that now that was just on there for fitment. And don't mind the pink cover I took off haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.