someone break this down to me. uprev

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
someone break this down to me. uprev

I finally got my HFC and its time to start looking into tuning.

Obviously Osiris is the way to go, that is the given.

From what i read so far on this board and other local boards. We have a local tuning shop that is authorize tuner for uprev stuff. They sell you the license for about $500 and they you pay for a dyno tune at a discounted price. You get a much better tune then a E-tune obviously but you dont get the cable to do cypher. This is because they use their own tuner cable that has like 20 license on it. I pay $500 and don't get cypher.

Now i look on uprev's site and I can buy the standard version for $500 and the tuner version for $700, if i wanted to do my own tuning. I dont want to nor know how to. But if i buy the standard for $500, i get the license, 3 free etunes and cypher. If i wanted to go get a dyno tune, would they be able to tune for me if i had the standard version or do i need the tuner for a shop to tune me.

That is my main question.

Small minor questions that i think i have the answer for but i want to confirm. If i bought used, as long as the guy unmarries the cable/ecu and i pay uprev $50 to license it to me then i'm good to go.

Is there support for the 2nd gen sedans and FX yet? This might be traded in down the line.

I emailed uprev, but its been like 3 days, i missed out on a used osiris deal already. I want to be ready for the next one to pop up.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TurTLe*
I finally got my HFC and its time to start looking into tuning.

Obviously Osiris is the way to go, that is the given.

From what i read so far on this board and other local boards. We have a local tuning shop that is authorize tuner for uprev stuff. They sell you the license for about $500 and they you pay for a dyno tune at a discounted price. You get a much better tune then a E-tune obviously but you dont get the cable to do cypher. This is because they use their own tuner cable that has like 20 license on it. I pay $500 and don't get cypher.

Now i look on uprev's site and I can buy the standard version for $500 and the tuner version for $700, if i wanted to do my own tuning. I dont want to nor know how to. But if i buy the standard for $500, i get the license, 3 free etunes and cypher. If i wanted to go get a dyno tune, would they be able to tune for me if i had the standard version or do i need the tuner for a shop to tune me.

That is my main question.

Small minor questions that i think i have the answer for but i want to confirm. If i bought used, as long as the guy unmarries the cable/ecu and i pay uprev $50 to license it to me then i'm good to go.

Is there support for the 2nd gen sedans and FX yet? This might be traded in down the line.

I emailed uprev, but its been like 3 days, i missed out on a used osiris deal already. I want to be ready for the next one to pop up.
You probably just need to ask the shop. But it sounds to me like going with the Standard version would be the best bet for you.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:33 AM
it would clearly best option for me now. but down the road i might want to try and see what the whole custom tune is able.

i've seen some post where a etune and a custom dyno tune yielded 10+whp

if my local shop would just give me a cable and cipher, instead of telling me i have that buy that on my own because they cant give me their shop cable.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:48 AM
it would clearly best option for me now. but down the road i might want to try and see what the whole custom tune is able.

i've seen some post where a etune and a custom dyno tune yielded 10+whp

if my local shop would just give me a cable and cipher, instead of telling me i have that buy that on my own because they cant give me their shop cable.
Well you should be able to get the e-tune now and then if you decide later down the road that you want a dyno tune, all you have to do is pay the shop for their dyno tuning time.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:14 AM
thats all i need to pay for correct? I would not have to pay $200 to upgrade from standard to tuner and then pay dyno time?

Old 08-21-2011, 01:38 AM
thats all i need to pay for correct? I would not have to pay $200 to upgrade from standard to tuner and then pay dyno time?
If you're the one tuning it, then you'd pay the $200. If they are tuning it, you just need to find a shop that has the ability to tune it, and you're all set. But again, you'll need to talk to the shop.

The following users liked this post:
TurTLe* (08-21-2011)
Old 08-21-2011, 01:30 PM
yea, the shop that does local tuning is almost always busy and packed.

But yea i dont want to do ANY of the tuning myself. I attempted to a while back with greddy's emanage on a SR20DE-T and it just didn't work out

thanks for the info

Old 08-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
good info to know.. i was wondering the same stuff

Old 08-21-2011, 04:24 PM
yea, the shop that does local tuning is almost always busy and packed.

But yea i dont want to do ANY of the tuning myself. I attempted to a while back with greddy's emanage on a SR20DE-T and it just didn't work out

thanks for the info
If they are really busy then maybe they do a good job?

But what I would do is buy the Standard, get the e-tunes, and call it good. Then down the road if you have some extra dough, get a dyno tune.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by keithk831
If they are really busy then maybe they do a good job?
Could be, never used them before. We did have a car show over the weekend.

Yea i think i'll roll with the e-tunes for now