Upcoming Events Upcoming G35/350Z

" ZDAYZ " May 18-20, 2007 - Tail of the Dragon Event

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2007 | 02:28 PM
Twins are Always Better
we are staying friday and saturday night - hey I went in the parking garage early this week when I got my new plates and looked for your G....i couldnt find it, maybe Im blind

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:13 PM
Twins are Always Better
ahhh maybe I was blind then....who knows...are you coming to zdayz for sure?!

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:22 PM
FGC President
Originally Posted by S.E.
what day is everyone gonna be at the dragon/deal's gap?
the florida and georgia caravan is goint o be gettint here friday early afternoon.

im hopin we can make the poker run

Old 05-03-2007 | 04:41 PM
Me and the guys coming with me will arrive around noon on Friday.

Old 05-03-2007 | 06:29 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by SFLG35
the florida and georgia caravan is goint o be gettint here friday early afternoon.
im hopin we can make the poker run
Then you better leave earlier than me......I prob won't be there until after 2 pm at best.

Old 05-04-2007 | 08:41 AM
Twins are Always Better
i am very sad the poker run is starting so early that means I have to go up there by myself because everyone that coming me cant come until 2pm?! boooo!

Old 05-09-2007 | 08:13 PM
FGC President
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...98#post1956298

there is the way that i am goin and if anyone wants to join me they are more then welcome to, just let me know where you would be joining up from. i plan to leave tampa at 11pm thursday night to allow for and construction, traffic, or food stops. i plan to be at ZDayZ before 10am since i have to work the poker run, and thats what time i have to be there.

Old 05-09-2007 | 10:46 PM
Twins are Always Better
Originally Posted by SFLG35
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...98#post1956298

there is the way that i am goin and if anyone wants to join me they are more then welcome to, just let me know where you would be joining up from. i plan to leave tampa at 11pm thursday night to allow for and construction, traffic, or food stops. i plan to be at ZDayZ before 10am since i have to work the poker run, and thats what time i have to be there.

can u explain the poker run fer me?

Old 05-10-2007 | 01:54 AM
|
Originally Posted by redg35chic
can u explain the poker run fer me?
Here you go......

ZDAYZ POKER RUN RULES

GENERAL RULES

1. To participate, you must be a registered ZDayZ attendee.

2. Contest is open to both drivers and passengers. You do not need to drive to enter, but you must be a registered attendee and you must travel the route.

3. Poker Run rules (what you are reading) are available to all before the Poker Run. The route and directions (as well as a copy of the rules) for the Poker Run will be distributed when you check in for the event. This will be an all day activity (expect 4-5hr circuit ending with a group photo at Fontana Dam)

4. The Poker Run is not a race!!! Nor is it a time-speed-distance rally. The route is set up so ou will have plenty of time to reach each stop without breaking any traffic laws. The object is not to complete the circuit as quickly as possible. In fact, if you arrive too early, some of the later Poker Run stops may not even be staffed yet. So, take your time and enjoy the ride. We also suggest you note any roads you may want to revisit later. One of our goals with this activity is for attendees to discover some of the other great roads in the area.

5. No card trading is allowed! Please play the hand you are ‘dealt’. We will have measures in place to discourage cheating. It is our hope everyone will be honest and that we will not need to fall back on those measures. Besides, there will be opportunities for everyone to win prizes regardless of how good or bad their hand is (see PRIZE RULES below).

DAY OF EVENT RULES

1. The Poker Run will begin at Fontana Village Resort. Attendees wishing to participate will check in at the Poker Run start point (location to be announced). At this point, the following will happen:

A. You will be assigned a Poker Run number by the check-in staff. Your number is based on starting order (first person will be #1 second person will be #2, and so on).
B. You will receive a printout of the Poker Run Rules and route map with some written directions. (NOTE! Distances on written directions will be approximate. They are a guide to help you know when to look for your next turn. Do not expect them to be exactly correct, though they should be reasonably close. If you go more than a few miles over, you probably have missed your turn.)
C. You will receive your first Poker Run envelope.

2. At each stop, including the first, you will receive a numbered envelope containing a Poker Run playing card. The activity staff at each stop will ask for your Poker Run number, give you an envelope (the number of the envelope does not need to match your Poker Run number), and record the envelope number you are given.

3. NOTE! There will be limited space at Poker Run stops. To ensure a smooth flow of traffic, please do NOT get out of your car at each stop. Wait for Poker Run staff to come to your window, receive your envelope, and proceed along the route as quickly as possible. If there are others waiting, please find a location up the road to pull off to open your envelope or take a break.

4. Your route map will designate the times each stop will be staffed. If you do not arrive at a stop during the designated period, you do not receive a card for that stop. No make-up or proxy cards will be given (except for those actually working the stops). Stops are positioned to allow you plenty of time to reach them without breaking any laws.

5. Including the beginning and end points, there are a total of 6 Poker Run stops. So, if you miss the time window for a stop, you can still accumulate a 5-card hand. There are also several ‘instant winner’ cards for each stop which allow you to win a prize on just one card!

6. The last stop will be at the base of Fontana Dam. To receive your last card, you must park your car on the grass as directed by ZDayZ staff. Everyone must wait here until the last Poker Run stop closes. We will be taking the 2007 ZDayZ group photo once most (hopefully all) of the Poker Run participants check-in. Those not participating in the Poker Run are encouraged to show up for the group photo as well.

POKER RUN CARD INFORMATION

This section discloses how the Poker Run cards are randomized and disseminated to ensure everyone understands the process.

1. All cards used for the poker run come from brand new decks.

2. Each stop will utilize a different colored deck. For example, stop 1 may be blue-backed cards while stop 2 has red-backed cards, etc.

3. For each stop, decks will be open one at a time (prior to ZDayZ), thoroughly shuffled, and cards placed randomly into numbered envelopes. At least one card for each stop (maximum of 1 per deck) will be replaced with a Joker card during this step.

4. The card inserted into each numbered envelope will be recorded and saved in a database. This is done in case it becomes necessary to verify the specific cards an entrant has received. Only one person on ZDayZ staff will have access to this data and this person is not eligible to participate in the Poker Run.

5. Each ‘deck’ of envelopes will be handed out completely before the first envelope of the next deck is. So, envelopes 1-52 will be all handed out before envelopes 53-104, and so on.

PRIZES

1. Prizes will be dispersed during the Welcome Dinner on Friday night. Poker Run participants will have three different ways to win ZDayZ prizes and can use any of their six cards to make their hand. Prizes will be as evenly distributed as possible across these three ways to win:

A. Some prizes will be awarded based on traditional poker hands. Examples = Highest flush, lowest full house, best three of kind hand, and so on.
B. Some prizes will be awarded based on a lottery style draw. The event host will draw cards randomly from a new deck of cards. The Attendee whose hand matches the cards drawn (suit and rank) wins the prize. If two or more people hold the exact same 6-card hand, a random draw will be conducted to determine the winner.
C. Instant Winner! Anyone who draws a Joker at one of the stops automatically will win a prize.

2. Should a dispute arise, the ZDayZ staff will resolve it as fairly as possible. The decisions of the ZDayZ staff are final.

Old 05-10-2007 | 10:49 AM
Twins are Always Better
awesome! Thanks so much!

I am more excited about ZDayZ than evar before!

i wont lie, im already nervous about the poker run for some reason...lol

Old 05-10-2007 | 12:47 PM
|
You're welcome, not a problem. I think most all share your same feelings, it's going to be an eventful weekend that's for sure. Shouldn't be nervous, just enjoy it and meet new people, have a great weekend and hopefully you can win a prize or two at the end of the day!! Then make all of those that don't go envious with all of your pics and your experience of the event that you have and share it with the rest on the forums.

Old 05-16-2007 | 12:53 PM
I can't wait to finally meet some of you folks! I've been looking forward to this event for months now.

Unfotunately, I won't be driving my car though. I decided to do a bit of mudriding the weekend before last. The pine tree sapplings didn't like me driving around on their turf, so they kept smacking my car until a giant oak tree root was kind enough to bring my offroad excursion to a sudden halt (think of a fighter jet landing on an aircraft carrier).

My wife will be driving me up to Memphis to meet some guys from my350z and I'll ride over with them.

Old 05-16-2007 | 02:18 PM
Twins are Always Better
i know - as the days go by, i realize how much I am really looking forward to this weekends activities!

Old 05-16-2007 | 03:52 PM
I can not wait!! I will be detailing the G Thursday morning and rolling out early Friday. I will see you all when I arrive.

Old 05-21-2007 | 09:29 AM
FGC President
all i have to say is what a weekend and we had an interesting caravan home thats for sure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: " ZDAYZ " May 18-20, 2007 - Tail of the Dragon Event