Upcoming Events Upcoming G35/350Z

Carolina Z_Hunt - North Carolina Charity Driving Event 9/20/08

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carolina Z_Hunt - North Carolina Charity Driving Event 9/20/08

Presented by the:

For more information and to register for the event: http://www.carolinazclub.com/ZHunt.html

This event is for any and all vehicle types. Car, truck, motorcycle, whatever.

Press Release:

The 2008 inaugural Carolina Z_Hunt is a charitable fall driving event for the driving enthusiast, their family and friends which will happen on September 20th, 2008.

Organized by the Carolina Z Club [cZc], this event was designed to support The Soldiers and Airmen Assistance Fund of the North Carolina National Guard and share the wonderful mountain region of North West North Carolina and North East Tennessee. This event expands upon the scavenger hunt and poker run type events to bring those who love to drive to the culture and awe inspiring scenery of the Appalachian Mountains. This event is open to all who care to make the drive – two wheels, three wheels or four!

The event is scheduled for all day Saturday the 20th, but for some will begin Friday the 19th at the cZc welcome center at the event host hotel, the Wingate by Wyndham Hotel in Mooresville, NC and concludes after our prize drawing Saturday evening at our destination hotel, the Best Western Mountain Lodge in Banner Elk, NC (near Grandfather Mountain & Sugar Mountain Ski Resort in NC mountains).

Mooresville, also known as “Race City USA” is the home for racing operations from NASCAR to IRL to ALMS and provides a number of attractions and activities for those wish to arrive early. Everyone is responsible for their own lodging and travel costs, however a reserved availability and special cZc lodging rate will be provided by the welcome center and final destination hotel for online pre-registered participants. Please see the Z_Hunt Event web page for details on lodging.

Event day registration and departure occurs on Saturday, September 20th, between 7AM and 7:30AM, at the Lakewood City Park in Statesville, NC (near the intersection of I-77 & I-40). Via a luck-of-the-draw, each car departs to a designated route sponsor retail location in the region. There are a total of six route sponsor locations to visit, and two mystery locations to discover!

The starting point and the six route sponsor locations are to be posted on the Carolina Z Club Z_Hunt Event website for 30 days prior to the event. It is up to each car’s driver (or co-pilot) to determine their individual route to the different route sponsors either prior to, or on the day of the event. This is not a competitive event and no deviation from the law of the land, rules of the road, counties or municipalities is suggested or encouraged.

The area of the event provides great scenery & history, ample unique shopping and with a little planning, roads any driver will love. Our route sponsors are varied in nature and location, and all of us participating
in this event look forward to the opportunity to help our fellow citizens and neighbors in the North Carolina National Guard.

We have a great group of retail route sponsors and are working on our event sponsors. All proceeds go to NCNG SAAF and we are working to keep our event cost low to channel all we can to them. While we have a drawing for the First & Second Place prizes on Saturday evening for the qualified participants (see the event website for details) and door prizes from our retail sponsors, our event sponsors are very important to our effort. If you, the company for which you work, your club or organization would like to
participate as an event sponsor (as well as a participant) please let us know right away. If you know of others who may like to participate as an event sponsor, please share this information with them. Every effort counts. All contributions improve the quality of the event to some degree, but more importantly, the lives of our citizen soldier’s families in need.

All driver & vehicle types welcome! For details and registration for the event please go to the Carolina Z Club Z_Hunt Event web page and make our date!

Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G35 brothers and sisters are letting me down here. Two days till the event and the only G35 I've got on my registration list is the one owned by my co-organizer.

C'mon out and have some fun people. Great roads and a great cause!