Upcoming Events Upcoming G35/350Z

NJ Meets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I used to post up meet threads every week for 2 years and the entire time I only had 2 people from driver show up. It got to the point where I just gave up. Now the club is all Z's because the few G guys we had sold their cars. Im the only one left. Granted im in south Jersey but im only an hour from Toms River and Brick township. I have family in Brick. We even have our own shop (not an actual business) with more tools then you would know what to do with. The driver community is a very strange place. People want meets, you schedule meets and provide a location, and nobody shows? whats the deal?!
~end rant~

There are plenty of G's in NJ and I dont see why we cant all get together somewhere. Its just a matter of where and when.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Well im down for the cause and hopefully the rest of the G's in NJ are too. So just come up with the info and we will take it from there.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Ok, I know it's kind of selfish. But Brick township is about five minutes from where I live in Lakewood. Or maybe even toms river. Like I said in my rant (I feel your pain streetchase) I won't set anything up if people aren't going to show.

I'm going to get a nice sized parking lot, maybe with some decent photo ops. It's going to be a car show/meet/cook out. I used to do stuff all the time with my crew in texas, and I don't think there were two people that had the same type of car (except the civics). I know of at least 5-6 people that I can get to come All have Z's and G's. I don't really care if it's a coupe, a sedan a 300zx or a G37. Hell I don't care if other cars show up. I'll even try to get a few exotics to show up so people can stare. Point being it's going to be a friendly get together. Where people can meet up, have fun, shoot the ish, and get ideas.

I'm aiming for the end of may time frame. I will be working all this week at getting something set up. I need to know I have support though. I'll be paying a little bit I'm sure, but if it turns out good It could be a monthly thing.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its a pretty far ride for me but since Grant made the ride down to philly last night and we had a poor turnout I wouldnt mind driving up there with the hopes of getting a bigger turnout. Last night I think we had like 4 G's and 2 Z's. We had 2 Scion Tc's and 2 or 3 Evo's. Not a great turnout but some pretty cool guys were out there last night so it wasnt a failure in anyway.

Btw Grant have you seen the pictures from last night?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
How about we do something a little more central. Pier Village, Long Branch is a nice place during a warm Sunday afternoon. Or, we could meet up at one of the many big parking lots in Sandy Hook.

I think this Sunday we should all meet at a parking lot in Sandy Hook and take some pictures, then cruise down to Pier Village and get some food.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
im in freehold!!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I would totally be down for getting something going this sunday but I've already had plans for my dads birthday. This Friday I wouldn't mind getting a Local Meet going just to see how many people from close to the area will turn up. I know I have at least a 3 other G's that are in the works right now trying to make it for the end of may (which might get pushed out, I'll tell you why in a few) 2 350z's, If I can get the tune shop in on it, maybe a skyline or two, a 300zx or two. So there will definatly be people out at the BIG meet I'm working on.

So back to what you were thinking about asking. Why push the date back? WELLLL, I'm trying to get the NISSAN dealership to bring out a car or two with a booth, Any tune shops with a Nissan or Infiniti Project car with a booth, the army will have a booth there, MUSIC, FOOD, I'm talking the works. I want this to be a great turn out and something people will look forward to coming to about every other month if I can get it going like that or maybe even every end of the month. I've already talked to PINE BELT NISSAN, TUNE TIME PERFORMANCE, and AUTO IMAGE. So as you can see I'm very serious about this. I've checked out a few places already, one is the River front Landing in South Toms River. The other is In a huge parkinglot across from Tune Time, They are talking about setting up a Dyno day. 50$ for two Pulls. So let me know what intrests people.

Give me some feed back.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey guys all the ideas sound great when typed, let see what we can get started and actually pull it off.

i think sometime in the first week of may, any infiniti G series cars from NJ or local tri state even, meets up at a lot, and pretty much tail gate, smoke, drink, snacks, bbq, ice cream =p. we just got to get into action. personally im a dj, i can get somthing setup for music, or w.e just a fun place for guys or girls of common interest. and right down the street from me is a decent lot that 2 a month street glow would have a car show their and have about 75-100 cars, i can probably work somthing out their too, and since its a main road we'll get some good publicity.

ill be willing to set somthing up, but only if we can get a minimum amount of people. If all goes well for the first one, we can turn it into a monthly thing.

i can care less whos in charge but, usaully how it goes with my freinds its me or it never gets done.

so ill take initiative.

reply to with your name, email, a contact phone number, and the county you live in.

ill find a fair place for all of us to meet if distance is a problem, i shoot around some emails, and well get a date set up.

let me know if you have ideas or already have somthing planned.

if you dont feel comfortable replying that info, email me at

Antdawg101@aim.com

thanks guys

l8r

Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by 732_IP_G35c
So back to what you were thinking about asking. Why push the date back? WELLLL, I'm trying to get the NISSAN dealership to bring out a car or two with a booth, Any tune shops with a Nissan or Infiniti Project car with a booth, the army will have a booth there, MUSIC, FOOD, I'm talking the works. I want this to be a great turn out and something people will look forward to coming to about every other month if I can get it going like that or maybe even every end of the month. I've already talked to PINE BELT NISSAN, TUNE TIME PERFORMANCE, and AUTO IMAGE. So as you can see I'm very serious about this. I've checked out a few places already, one is the River front Landing in South Toms River. The other is In a huge parkinglot across from Tune Time, They are talking about setting up a Dyno day. 50$ for two Pulls. So let me know what intrests people.

Give me some feed back.
great idea, ill help you out if you need it.

but all in all, just give me a time, place, and exact address and count me in!

Old 04-28-2009, 12:39 AM
It's Exactly what I'm trying to do. I've scooped out one place for a possible G meet For earlier on in may. Then from there we can set up something bigger. Like I said If I can convince this guy to let us use his lot for a day/night the shop down the street will do dyno pulls. And I know that my battalion comander will help out as much as possible. If I can get something set up on Lakehurst Naval Base would anyone want to do that? There are plenty of open spots I would just have to talk it over. Maybe even get a hanger to rent.....OK maybe not a hanger, but seriously, I'm talking to the Ocean county Park Admisistrative branch tomorrow.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:54 AM
Somebody just let me know what you guys do. If its within like an hour drive ill def go but If its a little further im gonna need to be sure alot of people will be there.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 AM
As long as I know far enough in advance i'll be there. The problem is that in the summer most of my weekends are full with family gatherings.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Vrod-Mike, Were you driving towards or down Old Freehold Road Yesterday around 5-6?

Old 04-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Ok well so far one of the parks I was thinking of using that had a lot of space and was really clean and great for photo ops aparently wont let us use their lot. Gay I know!

So I was thinking of using that mini park with the gondala in the middle of it. It's close to the bay right down main street in South Toms River. Anyone know of the spot im talking about? I forget what the park is called.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by 732_IP_G35c
Ok well so far one of the parks I was thinking of using that had a lot of space and was really clean and great for photo ops aparently wont let us use their lot. Gay I know!

So I was thinking of using that mini park with the gondala in the middle of it. It's close to the bay right down main street in South Toms River. Anyone know of the spot im talking about? I forget what the park is called.
You're talking about the one by the Lobster Shanty right? That's Huddy Park.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NJ Meets?