Ipod Interface 2008 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ipod Interface 2008 G35

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and wanted to thank you for all the valuable information you all provide!

I have a questions, my Ipod Interface with sometimes show as Ipod not connected after I turn off the car and turn it back on. Does anyone know what's going on with that? I usually have to unplug the wire and then plug it back in before it will work again.

Thanks for your help!

Reza

Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What iPod are you using? How old is it? Do you dock/undock it frequently? When you put the iPod in the center console, do you take steps to keep the iPod cable from being pulled or pushed more than it has to be? Do you have an AT or manual? I've noticed the manual's center console is smaller and may crimp the iPod cable more than in the larger AT's center console.

Do you have any other iPods? I would try hooking up another iPod to see if the same problem happens. If not, it's likely that the connector on your iPod is loose or worn out. If the problem happens w/ a different iPod, then it may be the Infiniti supplied iPod cable needs to be replaced.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
What iPod are you using? How old is it? Do you dock/undock it frequently? When you put the iPod in the center console, do you take steps to keep the iPod cable from being pulled or pushed more than it has to be? Do you have an AT or manual? I've noticed the manual's center console is smaller and may crimp the iPod cable more than in the larger AT's center console.

Do you have any other iPods? I would try hooking up another iPod to see if the same problem happens. If not, it's likely that the connector on your iPod is loose or worn out. If the problem happens w/ a different iPod, then it may be the Infiniti supplied iPod cable needs to be replaced.
Lets start with the first question.

Its an Ipod Touch, about 6 months old. I haven't ever really docked the Ipod.

I try to put the entire ipod in the center console with the wire, but sometimes it can be difficult. I have the Manual transmission. I have no other Ipods that I can try.

Is there any solutions that you guys can think of??

Thank you!
Reza

Old 12-05-2007, 09:28 PM
When you turn off the car, it cuts the power to the ipod and your ipod should shut down. If you restart right away, it takes a bit of time to finish shutting down, recognize the power up, and start up again.

I bet if you just waited for a bit, it would show "ipod connected" after a minute or so...

Have you watched the screen of the ipod to see what it's doing when you shut off your car and turn it back on?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by Fireproof
When you turn off the car, it cuts the power to the ipod and your ipod should shut down. If you restart right away, it takes a bit of time to finish shutting down, recognize the power up, and start up again.

I bet if you just waited for a bit, it would show "ipod connected" after a minute or so...

Have you watched the screen of the ipod to see what it's doing when you shut off your car and turn it back on?
I just tried waiting for it to power up and nothing happens. The screen is just black, like the Ipod is on power save mode. When I unplug the Ipod wire and plug it back in, it immediately recognizes the Ipod and starts playing music, and goes into accessory mode.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
OK, sometimes, my iPod does the same thing where it won't power up for a long time - like 1 minute. Sometimes, it powers up right away. With that said, I have never had to disconnect and reconnect to get the iPod working. All I do is push the "disc/aux" button and the iPod starts playing immediately.

If that doesn't work for you, I suspect it's probably b/c the manual transmission center console is really cramped and that may be forcing the iPod connector to intermittently lose contact w/ the iPod.

Try:

1. My suggestion above pushing the disc/aux button to see if it will start your iPod. If that doesn't work, then
2. Leave the iPod connected, but keep it out of the center console with the connector not being pulled or bent to see if that may be causing the problem.
3. If all else fails, get your hand on another iPod to see if the problem happens w/ that other iPod. At least this way, you can narrow it down to whether it's the iPod or the connector.