touchscreen control of iOS device

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
touchscreen control of iOS device

Centrafuse iOS app lets you control your iOS device via a touchscreen and Belkin AV dock. Super cool. What says the resident carputer master about this?

I can't wrap my head around feasibility. Looks like it would be a great option for G's with nav.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/13/c...-carputer-dre/

J

Old 01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
lol im gonna be pompous and assume you're talking about me! ha ha!

that's a pretty sweet idea. if you wanted to really integrate this to a G you could but obviously you'd have to have a small PC to run the software. i've run centrafuse on my carPC for testing it out, it's pretty decent software but not free. the belkin dock seems easy enough to install....

the only real benefit i can see though is seeing the ipod screen but if you're running a carPC the software like centrafuse and RideRunner will control your ipod using a winamp plugin (all except for ipod touch) and it already displays album art so the only thing you'd get from this is being able to watch movies directly i guess, or dial the phone, perhaps reading mail and stuff but the G screen is kinda small for that....

still pretty sweet though!! there's no reason why you couldn't put this in your car if you wanted.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's right Remmy, I did mean you!

I was thinking this was a lazy man's Carputer. Nowhere near the functionality of yours but could be a great midway point. You iPad, iPhone or iPod become the brain and you interface with it via the touchscreen in the car.

J