Help Installing my System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Help Installing my System

Ok, Finally decided to go ahead and do this and install my 12" sub with Amp into my NON Bose radio unit. So no, I do not have a bose sub or amp. I noticed I dont have rear deck speakers ... So that leaves me to do a LOC on the radio Unit except i dont know which cables to use, same with the REM.
I've looked around the forums and seems that people have the luck of having BOSE system to just hook onto and making their lives easier. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts
there should be several threads on this in the forum already but the short version is that you'll pull the main harness behind the head unit and tap into the wires for the rear speakers. i forget the pin numbers but if you get your hands on the shop manual (which you can get on the forums here) just check the AV section and it will be in there.

**edit - it's pins 4/5 and 13/14 but i am unable to post the picture from this computer.

as for the remote turn on, i used the ACC power wire on the XM receiver harness in the trunk, this was the easiest place to get onto it in my opinion.

it really isn't that much more work except that you'll have to run the RCA cables in the door sills.

Last edited by RemmyZero; 09-14-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by RemmyZero
there should be several threads on this in the forum already but the short version is that you'll pull the main harness behind the head unit and tap into the wires for the rear speakers. i forget the pin numbers but if you get your hands on the shop manual (which you can get on the forums here) just check the AV section and it will be in there.

**edit - it's pins 4/5 and 13/14 but i am unable to post the picture from this computer.

as for the remote turn on, i used the ACC power wire on the XM receiver harness in the trunk, this was the easiest place to get onto it in my opinion.

it really isn't that much more work except that you'll have to run the RCA cables in the door sills.
4/5 and 13/14 ... found the diagram !
sweet let me go try this lol

Old 09-15-2011, 12:26 PM
ugh ... ok so I got called into work yesterday earlier.
Today Im trying this .... and for my life, i can not figure out which harness is the one with the cables i need ... I cant understand the color codes they are very confusing and Google is confusing me even more.

LG ? SB ?
L ? P ?

i fail at this man ...

Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by pricojorge
ugh ... ok so I got called into work yesterday earlier.
Today Im trying this .... and for my life, i can not figure out which harness is the one with the cables i need ... I cant understand the color codes they are very confusing and Google is confusing me even more.

LG ? SB ?
L ? P ?

i fail at this man ...
seriously just download the shop manual. you can get it here:

http://www.sfplayers.com/serviceManuals/

it has all the info you need. go to the AV section, page 59 will show you the harness layout on the back of the stereo. the lower left harness in the picture (which has 20 pins) is the one you're looking for. it has a yellow and red wire on either side of the harness. if i recall once you pull the head unit out its on the top row on the back (2 rows on the headunit) all the way to your left. the wire colors are:

LG - light green
SB - sky blue
L - Blue
P - Pink

look at the shop manual to verify the polarity though.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:44 PM
seriously just download the shop manual. you can get it here:

http://www.sfplayers.com/serviceManuals/

it has all the info you need. go to the AV section, page 59 will show you the harness layout on the back of the stereo. the lower left harness in the picture (which has 20 pins) is the one you're looking for. it has a yellow and red wire on either side of the harness. if i recall once you pull the head unit out its on the top row on the back (2 rows on the headunit) all the way to your left. the wire colors are:

LG - light green
SB - sky blue
L - Blue
P - Pink

look at the shop manual to verify the polarity though.
yeaa after a while finally figured it out which ones (I do have the AV manual) ... when i went to put everything back together and turn the car on ... realized it blew something
cluster was lit up but not working, A/C works but cant operate it. and radio/screen is off. wont turn on

I figured out the cluster by changing a fuse that blew.
but the center stuff, i cant figure out for my life ... I HATE ELECTRONIC HARDWARE.

If i cant figure it by tomorrow, off to the dealer so they can fix my *** up

Old 09-15-2011, 05:53 PM
double check to make sure you plugged all your harnesses in properly. even though they are keyed to only go in certain slots i managed to screw them all up royally when i first got the car and put in my ipod adapter.

if it all lights up then i doubt you have another blown fuse but it couldn't hurt to check. i think you'll find you forgot to plug something in or just swapped the harnesses mistakenly.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:16 AM
yea was a blown fuse, fixed it got it working again, still no Subs <_< lol
to scared now to work on it again haha

Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
lol i know the feeling. trust me now you know what not to do lol. so the subs won't work? are you sure the LOC is wired up properly?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:57 PM
lol i know the feeling. trust me now you know what not to do lol. so the subs won't work? are you sure the LOC is wired up properly?
well ... i think cables touched each other at some point, and i didnt know at first so i took it all out, and Im kinda paranoid now to do it again, i will tho soon

Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 PM
hmmm, which cables do you think touched? i wouldn't worry too much. just as long as you leave the fuse out of the amp cable and leave the car off, just wire it all up, run your cables and hook everything up then enjoy some bass goodness lol.

if you need more help let us know!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
as for the remote turn on, i used the ACC power wire on the XM receiver harness in the trunk,
Can anyone confirm the exact location of said XM receiver in cars with the BOSE system?

Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
for the remote, i used the Fuse for cigar lighter, was way easier than trying to find my XM.

but yea i got it done, works good, just need to upgrade door speakers

Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
The reason for the XM plug being the preferred remote trigger is so that the amp only turns on when the stereo is on. I'm guessing that the cigarette lighter is a regular switched circuit just like the factory AMP ON circuit. Basically it's hot as long as the ignition is in either the ACC or ON position. Since I don't turn the stereo on every time I drive, I wanted to make sure I'm not cycling the amp on and off and keeping it running for no reason.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
i believe in the bose system the xm receiver is actually internal to the head unit. the AV shop manual will tell you. it should have many answer, plus some....

and to be fair i always used to use the cigarette lighter also...you could always just use an add-a-fuse or a tap on it. good call!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Installing my System