My morning at Eibach .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Hikos_G
My thoughts exactly. If the G came from the factory at that height(atleast for the sportier "S"), There would be no need to go aftermarket on the springs. Just slap on the wheels of your choice and it would look great.

Eibach's have traditionally been known for more of a conservative drop compared to other manufacturers. It's low enough to be noticed but not so low that its compromising ride quality or suspension components.

Part of the reason the front looks higher/back looks lower is due to the lower fender arches. If you look at the ground to side sill line, the front is actually a bit lower and has a slight rake. It appears 'lower' in the rear because the wheel well is cut 'closer' to the rear wheel than the front.

Awesome job terry! Can't wait to see what it looks like with the wheels!
That's exactly the point. The car was actually lowered the same all the way around within 2mm (.07 in). The difference in fender arches really make the gap look pretty noticable. I think my vote would be to go up slightly in the back, not just for looks, but to eliminate the need for a camber kit.

BTW ... any alignment issues with yours?

Old 02-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The front looks great, but the back looks a little bit too low like others have been saying.

Hopefully they will fix it since it is still in R&D.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rear is definitely too low, but the front looks perfect. Just bring up the rear to the same level as the front and those would be my choise springs. I hope Eibach is listening.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
1 degree isn't much at all.. How about the front???? Alignment specs i mean. Also was those measurements before or after the alignment.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by koyoki
1 degree isn't much at all.. How about the front???? Alignment specs i mean. Also was those measurements before or after the alignment.
Sorry, I'm not an alignment expert. I was told the front came into spec and the rear was out about 1 degree after aligment.

pic on the rack:

Old 02-08-2007, 12:07 AM

I was messing around with the color balance on the images I took to see exactly where the back tire ended up relative to the fender. I kinda like what I see here after looking at this picture so I'm on the wall again as to which way I'd prefer to go (front end-down or back end-up).

I think the test is to see if I can stuff 285 on 20x10 in there without coming out of the fender.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the rear wheel well gap. I'm sure if you get to about 1/2 tank or 1/4 tank of gas, the rear will lift up about 1/2".

Old 02-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I think it looks Just about right the way they made the Drop, maybe raise the back like half an Inch, to make the Back tires be just Below the Wheel well opening like the front, just not tucked like it is now, To me that would be pefect! As looking at the Wheel well openings, the Front ones seem to be more highly arched, and the back ones are smaller and down lower than the front's! Optical Ilusion i guess! But can't wait till these springs are made, Makes the car so much more Sexier, LOL, I mean Agressive!

Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 AM
I just got EIBACH BRO KIT under my G35 coupe last week too

the car got a lil bit safter and better handling , totaly loving it

Old 02-09-2007, 01:39 AM

I just got word from Eibach regarding the pro-kit springs for the 07 G35. They expressed their gratitude and appreciate all of the feedback on this thread regarding the look of the car with their prototype springs installed.

Their engineers decided to lower the front suspension by another 5mm based the feedback provided here, the handling characteristics of the car, and the up front R&D data they've taken.

The kit is now production released and should be available shortly.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by terrycs
I just got word from Eibach regarding the pro-kit springs for the 07 G35. They expressed their gratitude and appreciate all of the feedback on this thread regarding the look of the car with their prototype springs installed.

Their engineers decided to lower the front suspension by another 5mm based the feedback provided here, the handling characteristics of the car, and the up front R&D data they've taken.

AWESOME News Terrycs! Will you be getting the updated production springs when they are made? Sure would like to see your car with the new Springs, as it's the same Color as Mine! MAn the new G will surely look Slammed!! Please keep us updated on the springs and the Alignment, if you got it close to stock Specs.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs

I just read through all the feedback in this thread and I would of thought they would of RAISED the rear instead of lowering the front. That will make it a pretty aggressive drop.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
AWESOME News Terrycs! Will you be getting the updated production springs when they are made? Sure would like to see your car with the new Springs, as it's the same Color as Mine! MAn the new G will surely look Slammed!! Please keep us updated on the springs and the Alignment, if you got it close to stock Specs.
Yes, I'm supposed to go back as soon as the first lot is finished so they can replace the front springs. They are supposed to set me up with an alignment kit so the back can be adjusted back into spec. Of course, I'll post pics as soon as everything is back in.

Just a thought, maybe the other guys that have aftermarket springs can post pictures (if they have them) of their lowered cars with stock wheels on this thread so others can compare "apples to apples" apearances. It might be helpful to others thinking of going down this path.

From an engineering perspective, this has been a very interesting experience. I am amazed that the tolerances can be held so tight on their springs and that the ride height of the car can be controlled to this degree (5mm = 0.2").

Oh yea ... the R&D PM told me they have group tours of their production facility if any of us locals are interested in dropping by for a meet or a visit.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Just curious, is the previous gen springs alot different than the 07?

Old 02-09-2007, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by kewltea
I just read through all the feedback in this thread and I would of thought they would of RAISED the rear instead of lowering the front. That will make it a pretty aggressive drop.
To be honest, I still don't know if this is agressive or not without looking at the other spring manufacturers using stock wheels for an apples to apples comparison. I'll have to see how the package looks after I finish up some wheel/tire research.

From their decision and what I saw there, I also get the impression there is more to suspension tuning than looks. But then again, most of us are not tracking our cars (yet?).

Interesting fact ... while thumbing through the Eibach catalog there, I noticed the Infiniti Ms are lowered 1.6" in front!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My morning at Eibach .