Low Tire Pressure Light On - Tires are fine

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Tire Pressure Light On - Tires are fine

Hey, Has anyone had their Low Tire Pressure indicator light come on and stay on for no apparent reason? I had it come on once because I had a flat. But that was 4 months ago. It has come on again and yet my tire pressure is fine.

Anyone see anything like that? Infiniti said to take it to the shop to get reset.

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
If the pressures are fine, its time to take it in under warranty.

Originally Posted by Mdupuy
Hey, Has anyone had their Low Tire Pressure indicator light come on and stay on for no apparent reason? I had it come on once because I had a flat. But that was 4 months ago. It has come on again and yet my tire pressure is fine.

Anyone see anything like that? Infiniti said to take it to the shop to get reset.

Thanks!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mdupuy

Thanks!
I had a problem like that occur couple months ago. I went in to the dealer and they had to replace by rear driver side tire pressure sensor.. It took them a day to order the part though. You should be fine if you go into the dealer.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:44 AM
did you plug the flat

Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 AM
My 05X comes on every time I drive more than an hour at highway speeds. This time (2 days ago) it came on & will not go off? I took air out & then put air back in hoping that would kick start it off but no luck. Only 20,000 miles so off to the dealer? I hate taking my car in for a day when it should take 2 minutes to fix...reset or whatever they do?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it takes 25 miles or so to reset. have you driven that much since putting the tires back to 30+ psi?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes driven more than that & will wait another day, then I guess go the dealer?

Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
I have found it took less than a block for mine to reset after adjusting air.

Did you get a chance to pull the error code?
No I can't get the code as I don't have a machine. It seems to be a defective or broken sensor as all the tires are 100% & the light will not go out. Dealer time, what a pain.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 AM
Hyatt Infiniti S*cks!

So here is what happened when my warning light would not go off & all tires were 35lbs. I will fill in some background first:

I will keep this short as I can. I just purchased my 3rd G35. My first was 03, now 05 and a 07 in my garage waiting to sell my 05. I had problems getting any kind of warranty work on my 03 so I took my 05 to a Nissan dealer for any servicing, plus Hyatt never answers their phone in the service department.

So my tire pressure monitor light came on & would not go out even thou the tires all had exactly 35lbs pressure. Ok it is defective? Took it to Hyatt & the service manager Ron would not cover it because he said "I did not take my car to Hyatt for regular servicing". What does that have to do with anything? My car has 36,000km (22,000 miles) on it & I have summer tires & rim set up so the factory wheels & tires have like 10,000km on them.

Long story short they charged my $73.00 to "reindex" the tires. It took 15 minutes and not covered under warranty. He said because I did not take it to his dealership for regular serving that the tires could have been rotated side to side and this caused the problem, of course this is not the case!

So I ask do you stay away because the service sucks, but then nothing is covered under warranty or do you put up with terrible service so you have a chance they will fix defects under warranty? Maybe another dealer can help me with this answer?

I emailed Infiniti North America & they sent back a form answer, "we are sorry but blah, blah, blah". I wrote a letter to Infiniti Canada, no response, & filed a claim with the BBB who have no teeth and the service manager states that it is not covered under warranty because it is over 12 months old.

I will also say I have had to fight every time I take my Infinitis in for any warranty work. I will definitely look at the Lexus or BMW next purchase because it is like there is no warranty on Infinitis? Maybe they are no better, but they can't be worse?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:02 AM
I had my TPS light come on last week in the extreme cold. Once it warmed up this week to near freezing it went back off. Tire pressures were O.K.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 07HRsedan
did you plug the flat
lol

its probably a dead tpms. dealer will replace under warranty.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Calgary_G
I will also say I have had to fight every time I take my Infinitis in for any warranty work. I will definitely look at the Lexus or BMW next purchase because it is like there is no warranty on Infinitis? Maybe they are no better, but they can't be worse?
It's Hyatt Infiniti, I hate them too. I wouldn't even dream of purchasing another car from them.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by IvoryPearl07G
lol

its probably a dead tpms. dealer will replace under warranty.
No sorry not under the 12 month 20,000km warranty? They charged me $73.00 for 15 minute re-indexing????

Said because I did not take car to Hyatt for tire rotation!

Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I reset mine by doing the same procedure as the air bag reset.

Turn key on (Not engine), wait for pressure light to go off, turn key off. (Repeat 3-4 times)

And it never came back on for me. You can also do this with the air bag light.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Received 100 Likes on 87 Posts
Hmm. I may do this. Mine started coming on ever since I installed my coilovers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Low Tire Pressure Light On - Tires are fine