Installing extended lugs on rear axle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:46 AM
MoJ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing extended lugs on rear axle

Through searching I haven't found any guidance on how to install extended lugs on the rear axle, specifically 07 G35S. Is anyone aware of any DIY info?

Thanks in advance,
MoJ

Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 PM
When I did mine I was lucky enough to have a friend with a compressor and air tools. It's not hard but it is recommended to use the right tools. A mallet will work but is a pain in the butt. If you don't have access to the right tools, take it to a shop and get it done right.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:13 AM
MoJ
Originally Posted by ddubb
When I did mine I was lucky enough to have a friend with a compressor and air tools. It's not hard but it is recommended to use the right tools. A mallet will work but is a pain in the butt. If you don't have access to the right tools, take it to a shop and get it done right.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools"

[Sorry for the Jeff Spicoli quote.]

I have air tools etc...would you mind describing the process?

thanks again,
MoJ

Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 AM
In that case it's pretty easy.

Remove the caliper and rotors. Zip tie the caliper up in the wheels well. There is a slot in the rotor protector that you will use to allow the stud to be backed out. I forgot the name of the tool, but it's like a mini jack hammer. hammer the stud and it will back right out through the slot. rotate the hub to the next stud, rinse and repeat. Install the new studs and place a large stack of washers on the stud and then the nut and torque it down which will pull the stud flush. That should be it.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:02 AM
MoJ
Originally Posted by ddubb
In that case it's pretty easy.

Remove the caliper and rotors. Zip tie the caliper up in the wheels well. There is a slot in the rotor protector that you will use to allow the stud to be backed out. I forgot the name of the tool, but it's like a mini jack hammer. hammer the stud and it will back right out through the slot. rotate the hub to the next stud, rinse and repeat. Install the new studs and place a large stack of washers on the stud and then the nut and torque it down which will pull the stud flush. That should be it.

Thanks!