New 2-Pc Rotors for Akebono G37 Brakes - Interest Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by markk132
any chance we can get some 2 pc. rotors for the stock sport brakes on our sedans?
This has been asked before and right now they do not offer any rotors for the 13" G35S brakes. Not yet at least, but you may want to express your interest in them, as I'm sure if they get enough requests, then they can add these to their future project list.

Originally Posted by Borna
Damn you Adrian, I may have to check the mod account and see if I can swing a set of Akebonos along with these rotors.

Thanks for getting this done bro.
Go for it, man! If you ask around you should be able to find a good deal on a used set of Akebonos.

Don't thank me, thank RacingBrake... they are the one's making the rotors... I'm just trying to help them get the word out, so we can make it happen.

Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Yeah, I need a better paying job.
Hehehe... Don't we all!?!?

Originally Posted by xTc_G35
I guess ill start the list...

Follow the link in my initial post and you will find there is already a list going there. I think there are currently already 6 or 7 people signed up, so we only need another 3 or 4 people to get this going. Come on all you Akebono guys... sign up!!

Old 08-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm actually thinking of waiting for these rotors to be released. Then hopefully one of the vendors will offer a full package with front and rear rotors (if RB makes rears) like the guys at CZP are doing.
They're asking $1620 for the full kit with Stoptech rotors, so I'm hoping someone will offer something similar with these 2pc rotors.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by Borna
I'm actually thinking of waiting for these rotors to be released. Then hopefully one of the vendors will offer a full package with front and rear rotors (if RB makes rears) like the guys at CZP are doing.
They're asking $1620 for the full kit with Stoptech rotors, so I'm hoping someone will offer something similar with these 2pc rotors.
I think I remember reading in RB's thread that the rears probably won't be made as: (1) they aren't as heavy as the fronts, and (2) they only do like 20% of the total braking.

I think I'll do the standard rear kit w/ss lines and the front kit with ss lines and the RB 2 pc rotors. No sense spending money for something with very little benefits, no?

Old 08-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Well if that's the case then I agree, no point in spending extra.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have matching rotors front and back. And even shaving off a couple lbs. with the rears wouldn't hurt.

Either way I won't be getting the BBK until I get my DPEs or at least a temporary set of G37s wheels to keep me satisfied till I order the DPEs, so I'll see if they decide to release rear rotors in a package.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
I think I remember reading in RB's thread that the rears probably won't be made as: (1) they aren't as heavy as the fronts, and (2) they only do like 20% of the total braking.

I think I'll do the standard rear kit w/ss lines and the front kit with ss lines and the RB 2 pc rotors. No sense spending money for something with very little benefits, no?
That's my plan as well, San. I might go with some different pads too.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
^ Project Mu? Heard they're pretty good for more aggressive driving.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
That's my plan as well, San. I might go with some different pads too.
I agree, but it would be nice if RB had a slotted one piece rear that matched the look.
I have to order rear rotors anyway & I'd rather have RB one piece than OE.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been asked before and right now they do not offer any rotors for the 13" G35S brakes. Not yet at least, but you may want to express your interest in them, as I'm sure if they get enough requests, then they can add these to their future project list.
i would definitely be interested in 2pc. rotors for my stock brakes, and i can't see why anybody else in this thread wouldn't be. then we wouldn't have to upgrade to Akebono's just to get 2pc. rotors. i'd hand my credit card over right now for 2pc. rotors.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:22 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Adrian for making me spend money on an unplanned mod . You may be never to broke to mod, but others, like me, are not as fortunate

Old 08-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Originally Posted by intgr8r
i agree, but it would be nice if rb had a slotted one piece rear that matched the look.
I have to order rear rotors anyway & i'd rather have rb one piece than oe.
+1000000

Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
I agree, but it would be nice if RB had a slotted one piece rear that matched the look.
I have to order rear rotors anyway & I'd rather have RB one piece than OE.
You can always get the stoptech one, which would probably be a lot cheaper than the RB one.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by G35xQX1
Thanks Adrian for making me spend money on an unplanned mod . You may be never to broke to mod, but others, like me, are not as fortunate
Hehe... I know, I know... I'm in the same boat as you. With new wheels, JIC's, and the Akebono brakes I'm just about tapped out... Now what do we do?

Old 08-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hehe... I know, I know... I'm in the same boat as you. With new wheels, JIC's, and the Akebono brakes I'm just about tapped out... Now what do we do?
Now what do we do?!?!? that's not a sentence that can be spoken by anyone in this community. there will always be more mods to throw on our cars lol

anyway come on guys, only 3-4 more people to get this underway!

Old 08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Haha, at least your wife didn't put the stopper on your "mod debit card."

Old 08-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If any of you guys have any 370z Sport friends, these rotors will also fit their cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2-Pc Rotors for Akebono G37 Brakes - Interest Thread