View Poll Results: If available, will you purchase BC Coilovers for 2nd Gen X cars?
Yes
55.36%
No
3.57%
Maybe, if the price is right....
41.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

BC Racing Coilvers for 07+ G35X/G37X owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2010 | 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by BlueFlash
i gave up on these as well, I just have no access to measure the shock (apartment life with no tools/space) eventhough someone here told me that they already provided all the measurements to BC.
Also, why couldn't they just buy 1 freakin' shock for $150 and test it themselves.
That shows that they are NOT interested.
A few of us did provided pics and measurements. I snapped at least 20 pics myself with the front wheel jacked and removed.
I think your assumption would be correct...BC is not interested in making COs for the X.
No surprise.

Old 01-31-2010 | 01:15 PM
|
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
A few of us did provided pics and measurements. I snapped at least 20 pics myself with the front wheel jacked and removed.
I think your assumption would be correct...BC is not interested in making COs for the X.
No surprise.
it kinda pisses me off that they make coils for the evo (I mean how many Evo's are sold a year?) but they ignore a mass produced G37X

Old 01-31-2010 | 02:53 PM
it kinda pisses me off that they make coils for the evo (I mean how many Evo's are sold a year?) but they ignore a mass produced G37X
The key difference is that 90+% of Evo's are modified while I would guess that maybe 1 or 2% of G's are modded. If you narrow the modded G market down to G35x's, the numbers are tiny. To a big company, developing coilovers for like a few hundred potential customers may not be worth it.

That being said, if one company will do it, then they would have a monopoly on the G35/37x market.

Old 01-31-2010 | 03:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by bsowhat1
The key difference is that 90+% of Evo's are modified while I would guess that maybe 1 or 2% of G's are modded. If you narrow the modded G market down to G35x's, the numbers are tiny. To a big company, developing coilovers for like a few hundred potential customers may not be worth it.

That being said, if one company will do it, then they would have a monopoly on the G35/37x market.
1% of G's modded? maybe if you only go by the number of people frequent the forums, but there are plenty of people who mod and don't come to the forums....Also, what's the exact % of Evos running sold/modified. I mean if they only sell 1,000 a year, and 50% are modded that = 500 potential coilover customers....
I believe that within a few months their sales could reach a few hundred easy, all it takes is for the community to become AWARE that there is a product in place, after that more people will come in and buy.

Anyways, i dont want to do a market analysis for BC, they lost on this opportunity, all it would of taken is a new front strut design.

Old 01-31-2010 | 06:42 PM
Hey guys there are so many other companies out there that make coilovers why dont we try to contact them instead of BC. maybe we will have better luck with somebody else.

Old 01-31-2010 | 07:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
Hey guys there are so many other companies out there that make coilovers why dont we try to contact them instead of BC. maybe we will have better luck with somebody else.
i emailed KW of North America 2 months ago, no response...

i still can't believe that they make CO's for 335xi but not G37x's

Old 02-08-2010 | 07:56 AM
I was on assaultech.com and checked under the coilover section for the X and saw that they have listed the Megan coilovers fit the AWD version of the sedans. Could this be possible or is it just a error on the websites part.

Old 02-08-2010 | 10:56 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Staff Alumni
Their site is def. F'd up for the X.
They incorrectly list several brands as available.

Old 02-16-2010 | 06:02 AM
|
it's really unbelievable that no one wants to make them for the X.
They sell kits for the Rustang for crying out loud.
At this point i'm extremely mad, and though this is a great daily driver, having known this before purchasing my car I would have gone another route. Sure it sounds harsh, but i lower all my vehicles and the G37xS's suspension is a big disappointment.
as i said before in the summer time i will be switching to a custom built shock combo (Koni by True Choice) to match my Impul springs...

Old 03-01-2010 | 06:08 PM
i emailed KW of North America 2 months ago, no response...

i still can't believe that they make CO's for 335xi but not G37x's
^ Hey Blue, I spoke with Jorge from KW N.A. today and emailed him twice with links from driver and my37 to demonstrate the need for coilovers for our cars. I hope I can bug him enough to get something going.

I also emailed the link with a photo of the VRT coilovers that were made for the 2004-2006 Xs, just as a reference.

Bump.

Old 03-01-2010 | 07:04 PM
Now that there is a G37x coupe, manufacturers will have more interest in making coilovers.

Old 03-01-2010 | 10:50 PM
|
Originally Posted by qbturbo
^ Hey Blue, I spoke with Jorge from KW N.A. today and emailed him twice with links from driver and my37 to demonstrate the need for coilovers for our cars. I hope I can bug him enough to get something going.

I also emailed the link with a photo of the VRT coilovers that were made for the 2004-2006 Xs, just as a reference.

Bump.

Thanx qb, keep me updated.

Hopefully something comes through in the next 6 month, i need CO's i will pay over 2k over them

Old 03-02-2010 | 10:21 AM
^ I'm in the same boat with you, I'm willing to pay for quality coilovers too. I PMed a member has a G37x located in CA with KW's contact info. Keeping my fingers crossed and plan on buggin Jorge from KW on a weekly basis.

Old 03-04-2010 | 02:46 PM
Just bumping this up to keep the interest going for coilovers for the X. I spoke with Jorge from KW on Monday and emailed some links. He responded to me yesterday:

Hello,

Thanks for the links! I am talking it over with the person in charge of R&D. After that I will let you know about maybe posting to gauge interest.

Best Regards,

Jorge Martinez
KW automotive North America, Inc.

Old 03-04-2010 | 06:37 PM
|
lets hope for the best

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilvers for 07+ G35X/G37X owners...