BC Racing vs Tanabe COs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the Delay. Let me try to answer everyone questions:

beezy619-
No ratteling front or rear. I think that problem was fixed by BC some time ago.

soundmike-
I don't recall the part number for the rear but from what i remember the stiffer spring rate was for the front (don't know exactly what it is).

BlueFlash-
No this is not confirmed by BC (I've been meaning to contact them to ask), but I can see what any suspension company would make a coilover that has that much of a limitation on the height adjustment unless they're strictly for racing or that didn't test fit the car. I mean that thing I sitting about half a fingers width above the tire and that's as high you can go. Fully raised the rear is so much lower than stock ride height it's crazy. But you could probably drop the rear to the ground if you wanted to.

As far as bouncing goes... once the car was raised (mainly the front) its a lot less bouncy.

I'll contact BC at some point and ask them about the rear.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by coldcut
Sorry for the Delay. Let me try to answer everyone questions:

beezy619-
No ratteling front or rear. I think that problem was fixed by BC some time ago.

soundmike-
I don't recall the part number for the rear but from what i remember the stiffer spring rate was for the front (don't know exactly what it is).

BlueFlash-
No this is not confirmed by BC (I've been meaning to contact them to ask), but I can see what any suspension company would make a coilover that has that much of a limitation on the height adjustment unless they're strictly for racing or that didn't test fit the car. I mean that thing I sitting about half a fingers width above the tire and that's as high you can go. Fully raised the rear is so much lower than stock ride height it's crazy. But you could probably drop the rear to the ground if you wanted to.

As far as bouncing goes... once the car was raised (mainly the front) its a lot less bouncy.

I'll contact BC at some point and ask them about the rear.

Coldcut, that really troubles me, because i'm not looking to dump my car. I'm also concerned about the bouncing because Coils should never produce that. Does the car bounce like it would with springs, meaning it kind has that floaty feeling on the highway due to under dampened shocks?
Can you take a picture of your car so that we can all see the rear? Thanx upfront.
Also, have you tried to stiffen up the shocks? I know you said that you are on 15/30, maybe going to 25/30 could eliminate the bounce.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the BC coilovers and I am slammed (at least as far as i can go without rolling the fenders). I do not get the bounce at all just the very stiff hit like it should be with coils, i have them set at 20/25.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
BlueFlash-
May I didn't explain properly. The car was a little bouncy when the car was really low (mainly the front). Now that the car is raised a bit it's not bouncy.

25\30 is too stiff for me. It only use that if I were at the track:-)

I'll try to take picture within the next few days

Terribleone-
What spring rate do you have?

You're running yours at 20/25 and you car is slammed? WoW!!! How's the ride?

Old 05-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So would you say that the rears set to its highest level is about the same drop as eibach rears?

Old 05-06-2010, 11:17 PM
There in the ball park. Maybe a tad bit lower.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
BC coils are considerd junk, when it comes to others on myg37.com

I myself will shy away from them and will be getting tanabe coils.

Its not all about the adjusments and height, what should really matter is the constuction of the coils. BC's are made in china...

I dont know to much about them, but many have told me to shy away from BC, so I will.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by LightsOut
BC coils are considerd junk, when it comes to others on myg37.com

I myself will shy away from them and will be getting tanabe coils.

Its not all about the adjusments and height, what should really matter is the constuction of the coils. BC's are made in china...

I dont know to much about them, but many have told me to shy away from BC, so I will.
I've read the complete opposite on other forums, ESP regarding quality, anyways for us X guys that's all we have

Old 05-07-2010, 01:53 PM
SIETESG

well if X guys can only choose BC's then there is no other solution.. get them.

I doubt OP is an X.

My co-worker has a new gen subie and claims all subie guys shy away from BC's

Old 05-07-2010, 02:50 PM
well, i guess if more Gs ran them we will know for sure

Old 05-07-2010, 03:40 PM
SIETESG

there is a reason why more G' dont..

I have nothing against BC nor have enough facts to prove anything.. but I am a potential customer, which means business.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
FWIW, i will be getting the BC's soon. For roughly the same price as the Tanabe, you get front upper mounts, adjustable dampers and extenders for the rears. Plus, in my experience BC is much better at responding to queries than Tanabe (i have yet to hear from Tanabe on any question i've had about their Sustec Pro-SC but usually hear from BC within 2 days).

BC is being unfairly judged mainly due to the rattling issues early-adopters experienced. Those issues have been addressed, although i have read only two comments about rear-noise, one from a user who had suspension/bushing issues prior and already had the noise to begin with anyway. Either way, i will ask BC about it.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*Quick update*
I just got my BC's installed over the weekend and what a noticeable difference from the combination of stock shocks and Tanabe springs. I have only driven about ~100 miles but immediately I can notice the difference in handling and the ride quality is a lot closer to stock. That being said, my car is a lot lower than with the Tanabe's and the CO's are raised to the maximum height and I have scrapped on a few speed bumps. There was only one problem with the install, the rear extending damping adjusters will not work for the 2007 G35 because you would need to make a hole in the wheel well for them to fit. I will update with pictures once the weather gets a little bit better.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Received 213 Likes on 156 Posts
^ yep. That's why they created the extenders. Boring a hole is the proper approach for it. There's supposed to be a readily accessible hole on the drivers side.

Anyway, how much lower is yours at maximum height? I can't pull up the post with pics but saw someone measured a difference of 0.5" between the BC's max height and the OEM height.

Looking forward to reading more of your impressions on the BC's. Mine will hopefully arrive this week.

Btw, to an earlier post, it occurred to me that some forums abbreviate Buddy Club CO's as BC's as well. I've heard bad things about Buddy Club's, but rarely a negative on the BC's (Bor-Chuann).

Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
SIETESG

I just ordered my Tanabe's. I will not suffer with complecations. (knock on wood)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BC Racing vs Tanabe COs