Concave wheel Offset? XS dropped on Eibach's.. Need Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chi_g35
Good to know! Why didnt you go with a staggered set up?

I recieved a sponsorship from Rennen Modular and will be posting specs on my full build very soon.
Thats my setup from when I didnt know anything about wheels. My new setup will be a little more aggressive. Im going to be dropped on coils in april and my new setup would be 20x9 +15 with 225/35/20 front and 20x11 +35 with 255/30/20 pulled fenders. -3.5° camber front and -4.0° camber rear. Im a little concerned about the effect they might have on the awd but the tire sizes work out. My current wheels will be for sale soon if anyone is interested 20x9 +40 with 20mm spacer = +20 with 245/35/20 tire (toyo proxes 4) all around.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
Thats my setup from when I didnt know anything about wheels. My new setup will be a little more aggressive. Im going to be dropped on coils in april and my new setup would be 20x9 +15 with 225/35/20 front and 20x11 +35 with 255/30/20 pulled fenders. -3.5° camber front and -4.0° camber rear. Im a little concerned about the effect they might have on the awd but the tire sizes work out. My current wheels will be for sale soon if anyone is interested 20x9 +40 with 20mm spacer = +20 with 245/35/20 tire (toyo proxes 4) all around.
Nice set up but very aggressive. I cant to stretched in chicago... lol

Which wheels are you going with?

I was trying to avoid front & rear camber arms but it looks like im gona have to pick up at least the rear for now.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Ahh I was thinking about getting the Rennen concave wheels. Can't wait to see how it comes out.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Nice set up but very aggressive. I cant to stretched in chicago... lol

Which wheels are you going with?

I was trying to avoid front & rear camber arms but it looks like im gona have to pick up at least the rear for now.
Im thinking of going with Venaci Mesh or the new MRC's. It depends on the wait time. If not those then im going to go with volk te37. I live in NY so the roads arent perfect, but since I only drive my car from home to school and to work I can manage stretched tires and a slammed car.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by sunny G-35 NYC
Im thinking of going with Venaci Mesh or the new MRC's. It depends on the wait time. If not those then im going to go with volk te37. I live in NY so the roads arent perfect, but since I only drive my car from home to school and to work I can manage stretched tires and a slammed car.
I considered Venachi Mesh ( Work GS4 ) w/ a step lip they look sick!! You cant go wrong with Burning Black...

Chicago roads are a little better than NY but not by much. Your one brave dude! I would literally go ape sh*t at the first scrap on my lip.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Received 227 Likes on 143 Posts
mmm concave for the win!

Old 03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
post picks when you get your wheels installed. it might give me an idea of where i might stand

Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
I'll let you know once they come in & I get them mounted

Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I want them to sit flush with the fenders not tucked in, im not really into the poke or stretched look.

Forgot to mention tires I will be running: 245/35 & 275/30

Any help would be great.
I am running those tire sizes (Yokohama S-drives) on my 20x9 +25 front and 20x10 +35 rear wheels. The below is based on my experience with Eibach springs, and now Tein coilovers on my G37 sedan.

Thanks for the imput but to minimize the potential for bottoming out I went the 275.

Im more concerned with the correct offset to sit flush.

Are these the best offsets for my car?

20x9 +25,
20x10.5 +32

I know R34 Eclipse on the myg37 forum picked up a set of shallow concave DPE's with these offsets. But it was for a coupe.
My front wheels are perfectly flush with those offsets/tire sizes, but I rub just a little bit (both with my Eibach springs and Tein coilovers). I do not have a camber kit on the front, and was around -1.8 degrees of negative camber with the Eibachs. I rub very lightly on 3 spots (the plastic fender liner directly above the wheel, the 3 tabs that hold the liner to the fender, and the plastic bulge in the liner where the front bumper and fender meet). I could install a camber kit to dial in a little more camber to get around the problem, but I don't think it is worth it. I may go with a 235/35/20 front tire next time; I am sure this will alleviate the problem. I also think if my front wheels were a +27 or +28 offset I would be fine.

You will probably need a camber kit to get the rear to fit, but it sounds like you have that figured out. I don't think the Eibachs will give you enough camber to fully tuck the wheel if you go with a 20x10.5 +32. I have to run a little over -2 degrees to get my rear wheels to clear the fender, and your wheels are 8-9mm more aggressive than mine (you will have a little more stretch on the rear tire with the 10.5 wheel).

If you don't want to go with a camber kit, poke the wheels, or stretch tires (all things you indicated), I would personally recommend a less aggressive offset all around. I know the cool thing to do is go as aggressive as possible, but that does not sound exactly like what you are after. Something like a 20x9 +30 and 20x10.5 +40 will be nice and flush with an Eibach drop with no rubbing or major work. Even the 20x9 +32 and 20x10.5 +45 would be pretty flush with the Eibachs, and you could probably get away without running a camber kit in the rear.

I am not trying to talk you out of an aggressive setup. I rub and had to trim my rear liners to get my wheels to work, and I am happy to get 8k miles out of a set of tires. I just want to present an alternative option. Aggressive wheels are not for everyone.

I hope that helps, or at least makes sense.... Good luck.

Last edited by jran76; 03-02-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
One other thing.... Offset is not the only thing that affects brake clearance. Really, the overall backspacing and shape of the face will have more to do with it. You just need to make sure whoever you are dealing with knows you have the Akebono's, and you should be fine.

Old 03-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by jran76
I am running those tire sizes (Yokohama S-drives) on my 20x9 +25 front and 20x10 +35 rear wheels. The below is based on my experience with Eibach springs, and now Tein coilovers on my G37 sedan.

My front wheels are perfectly flush with those offsets/tire sizes, but I rub just a little bit (both with my Eibach springs and Tein coilovers). I do not have a camber kit on the front, and was around -1.8 degrees of negative camber with the Eibachs. I rub very lightly on 3 spots (the plastic fender liner directly above the wheel, the 3 tabs that hold the liner to the fender, and the plastic bulge in the liner where the front bumper and fender meet). I could install a camber kit to dial in a little more camber to get around the problem, but I don't think it is worth it. I may go with a 235/35/20 front tire next time; I am sure this will alleviate the problem. I also think if my front wheels were a +27 or +28 offset I would be fine.

You will probably need a camber kit to get the rear to fit, but it sounds like you have that figured out. I don't think the Eibachs will give you enough camber to fully tuck the wheel if you go with a 20x10.5 +32. I have to run a little over -2 degrees to get my rear wheels to clear the fender, and your wheels are 8-9mm more aggressive than mine (you will have a little more stretch on the rear tire with the 10.5 wheel).

If you don't want to go with a camber kit, poke the wheels, or stretch tires (all things you indicated), I would personally recommend a less aggressive offset all around. I know the cool thing to do is go as aggressive as possible, but that does not sound exactly like what you are after. Something like a 20x9 +30 and 20x10.5 +40 will be nice and flush with an Eibach drop with no rubbing or major work. Even the 20x9 +32 and 20x10.5 +45 would be pretty flush with the Eibachs, and you could probably get away without running a camber kit in the rear.

I am not trying to talk you out of an aggressive setup. I rub and had to trim my rear liners to get my wheels to work, and I am happy to get 8k miles out of a set of tires. I just want to present an alternative option. Aggressive wheels are not for everyone.

I hope that helps, or at least makes sense.... Good luck.
I appreciate the advise! Im not opposed to running a rear camber kit just didnt wana have to pick it up right away but I guess I dont have a choice.

As far as the offsets +45 would only give me 2" lip in the rear so the wheel center would almost be flush with the lip.

How bad would the poke be if I left the offset at +32 compared to +35?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Another issue came up, I need someone who can calculate wheel offsets & backspacing to determine correct clearance.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's pretty simple if you're familiar with wheel specs but in case you're not
http://www.autolounge.net/calculators/tirespacing.html

Old 03-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by lundy
It's pretty simple if you're familiar with wheel specs but in case you're not
http://www.autolounge.net/calculators/tirespacing.html
Sorry if I wasnt clear what I need. The easiest way to do it is with caliper clearance.

Can someone with Akebonos measure the clearance from the mounting pad to the outer edge of caliper. I will be able to run the numbers from there.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry if I wasnt clear what I need. The easiest way to do it is with caliper clearance.

Can someone with Akebonos measure the clearance from the mounting pad to the outer edge of caliper. I will be able to run the numbers from there.
Rennen should know the clearance on G37S brakes. I sell wheels for a living and all the companies I deal with just ask for the offset, car (or caliper) being used and height and width of the wheel. You did say you were getting multi-piece wheels right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Concave wheel Offset? XS dropped on Eibach's.. Need Help