Adjust camber with ksport AWD coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Adjust camber with ksport AWD coilovers?

Calling all owners of k-sport pro coilovers for the v36 awd sedan. I've been reading that camber is adjustable on these coilovers with the pillow ball mount but also read that the same coilovers have a fixed camber plate on both front and rear. I just want to know whether or not the camber is adjustable with the pillow ball or not, the instructions suggest yes

https://www.carid.com/images/ksport/...structions.pdf

and the description suggests no, and I'd take that as a definite "no" if it wasn't for the above model number specific user manual.

https://thmotorsports.com/ksport/ksp...i-1723591.aspx

I'm fine with purchasing camber plates/kits elsewhere I just would like to know, things can get trippy with the AWD and the v36 3.5L. Not to mention the fact that the coilovers are listed for v35 models but always claim to support 2007 and 2008 X's when it seems logical that the g37x suspension would be the same as ours.

I will call and find out if nobody knows but I figured what the hell else is a car forum for if not asking questions. Id rather know before spending nearly $1000.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
You should be able to tell by looking at the upper mounts. I don't have k-sport but if the upper mounts don't allow you to move the pillow ball mount outward, then you need a camber kit.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
That's a generic listing for the line of coilovers. The only way to adjust camber on the G suspension in front is through adjustable upper control arms. That camber plate feature is only available on certain types of suspensions, I think Honda is one.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Yeah, only with a macpherson strut or something similar will the adjustable top mounts make a difference to chamber

Old 05-17-2017, 02:07 PM
SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
The G35 uses a wishbone ( A-Arm style) suspension and camber correction is done at the control arms. A camber plate is only for vehicles with a McPherson suspension setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.