Polyurethane Suspension need some help here .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polyurethane Suspension need some help here .

Hi
I need to replace my car's control arms bushings
I'm thinking about polyurethane bushing i think it will last longer
I found a total kit at prothane suspension (14-2007) it will fit infiniti G35 1st generation (V35) and also nissan Z350
The problem here i don't know if it will fit my car or not G35 2007 2nd generation (V36)
Amazon.com says it will fit
CARID also says ot will fit
But prothane suspension says ot won't fit
I hope someone can help here about this
If anyone try this kit or at least the 1st generation bushing size is the same or not woth the 2nd generation
I'm so confused about this
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you all.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
If you have a 2007 SEDAN it will NOT fit (from 03-07 G35's. If you have an '07 Coupe it WILL FIT.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:18 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I did the entire suspension with urethane bushing in my Vett, took 4 years before it stopped making terrible noise with every bump or turn! Lubing them only lasts so long then the noise is back, forget cold weather driving you'll go ! Get the point...rubber bushings!
Gary

Old 04-18-2017, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
If you have a 2007 SEDAN it will NOT fit (from 03-07 G35's. If you have an '07 Coupe it WILL FIT.
yes i have 2007 sedan
You mean it's not the same bushings size right ?

Old 04-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
I did the entire suspension with urethane bushing in my Vett, took 4 years before it stopped making terrible noise with every bump or turn! Lubing them only lasts so long then the noise is back, forget cold weather driving you'll go ! Get the point...rubber bushings!
Gary
Thank you
So the rubber bushings are better thane the urethane bushings ?
What i know about the urethane bushings that they will mak the car more stable and perform better
Correct me if I'm wrong please .

Old 04-18-2017, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Energy's polyurethane bushings are not squeaky. I ride around with the windows down often and it would be really loud if it was the case. Read my post above /thread.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:31 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Koon
Thank you
So the rubber bushings are better thane the urethane bushings ?
What i know about the urethane bushings that they will mak the car more stable and perform better
Correct me if I'm wrong please .
There are only certain places that urethane bushings should be used. In the G you want them in the compression rod and in the lower control arm (both LCA positions). Both of those shouldn't make any noise, should improve the life of the bushings in those positions and improve handling all without making noise. There are other positions where Gary is right, they make a LOT of noise, but be sure to use silicone grease and you should be noise free in the fore-mentioned positions.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Energy's polyurethane bushings are not squeaky. I ride around with the windows down often and it would be really loud if it was the case. Read my post above /thread.
That's cuz you used the right grease. If you use lithium grease for instance, it's only a matter of time before clunking and squeaking and thudding comes up.

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 04-18-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
There are only certain places that urethane bushings should be used. In the G you want them in the compression rod and in the lower control arm (both LCA positions). Both of those shouldn't make any noise, should improve the life of the bushings in those positions and improve handling all without making noise. There are other positions where Gary is right, they make a LOT of noise, but be sure to use silicone grease and you should be noise free in the fore-mentioned positions.
i have a worn upper control arm bushings thats why i want to change the bushings instead of a control arm and i saw this total kit and i thought why not to do all the bushings at once
Unfortunately i bought the kit before making the thread
The kit not delivered yet
And about the grease i already bought the energy suspension formula 5 grease it's useless now

Old 04-18-2017, 03:48 PM
actually I have no problem with the noise if that what you meant i car about the performance and their lifetime

Old 04-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Is there any kit will fit my car and which prand should i get
I didn't change any bushing in this car just the front sway bar bushings and link ( OEM ) only so i don't know what to do

Old 04-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Koon
i have a worn upper control arm bushings thats why i want to change the bushings instead of a control arm and i saw this total kit and i thought why not to do all the bushings at once
Unfortunately i bought the kit before making the thread
The kit not delivered yet
And about the grease i already bought the energy suspension formula 5 grease it's useless now
No, that formula 5 grease is exactly what you want. I have the UCA bushings in mine and they can get annoyingly loud. Gotta grease them constantly, but at least I have zerk fittings on mine.

Old 04-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

That's cuz you used the right grease. If you use lithium grease for instance, it's only a matter of time before clunking and seeking and thudding comes up.
Thank you. The grease they use is some heavy duty stuff! Hard to get off the gloves I used to put in the grease .

Old 04-18-2017, 11:47 PM
No, that formula 5 grease is exactly what you want. I have the UCA bushings in mine and they can get annoyingly loud. Gotta grease them constantly, but at least I have zerk fittings on mine.
thanks that's gave me a relief i thought it will only for the urethane bushings

Old 04-19-2017, 04:03 AM
I'm sorry but whats the difference between them
Which one is bigger than the other
Maybe if it is a little difference i can do something with that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.