TPMS pipe canister trick... does it really work?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPMS pipe canister trick... does it really work?

I have an 08 and for the entire life of the car i have fought with the TPMS sensors.

at first it was having to pay the dealer every 6 months to reset for my winter rims (memory for only 4 tires? well thought out)

after realizing the cost and annoyance of resetting every 6 months i got myself "orange clone sensors". These worked great! they clone the same 4 codes as my OEM sensors and all was well.

But slowly each of of my OEM sensors is dying (battery) so not only do i need to replace it but i need to get the cloned sensor re-programmed...

long story short these stupid sensors have cost me probably over $1000 by now. never once have they told me about a flat i didn't already know about.

Fed up i pulled the cloned sensors out of my summer tired and tried that PVC pipe canister trick. One of the 4 is used to pressurize the canister while the other three are loose inside.

A few years back when my first OEM one died i got one of those TMPS readers. This but blue:

I can verify all 4 sensors are broadcasting and are @ 33PIS. but my TPMS dash light just acts like there is nothing there? i get ~30 second of blinking and then solid light.

I tried the poor mans TPMS reset (which has worked for me in the past when needing to program new TPMS sensors) but via this canister method i cant get the light to go off?

- Am i doing something wrong?
- Should the canister be in a specific area?
- Is the canister fix useless for the 08...
- Do they need to be in separate containers in order to get each to the specific PIS required?

Thanks!

Old 07-06-2017, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really i'm just trying to find out if anyone with an infinity has got this trick to work?

via PVC canister pipe or spare tire?

Lexus forums seem to claim success but i worry infinity requires the sensors to be near the tire?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.