Need help if I should get springs or coils

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help if I should get springs or coils

I've been debating whether or not I should get springs or coils. I'd like to save money if possible.

As much as I'd love to slam my 07 G35x, I just can't do it with my driveway and I personally don't trust myself. This is where the springs comes in.
I'm getting 19s wheels but unsure about springs because I'd like it to have a good fitment(still looks good) and not have a huge wheel gap. I haven't searched like crazy but does anyone have 19s wheels on springs?

Also my friend told me that I'd probably need new shocks soon since my car is @96xxx miles. Another possibility to lean on coils. Thoughts?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to Driver Alosirgal! Coil springs will lower you (depending on which ones you install) from 1 inch to 1.5! Coilovers shocks give you the adjust ability to close the gap along with being able to handle that driveway you're concerned about! Either way you'll need an alignment kit so you're not buying new tires once a year, there's no way around it! Lowering your '07 is going to cost you 2 K $ if you do it right...mods aren't cheap! Get your wheels then decide how deep your pockets are.
Again, "Welcome to Driver...enjoy the ride!"
Gary

Old 08-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
If you want your car to look amazing, slam it with some coils. But if you enjoy driving your car, get springs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.