2005 G35 sedan front driver brake shuddering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 G35 sedan front driver brake shuddering

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan, and recently i've had a weird shaking feeling (from driver side front wheel area) when i press my brakes at 30-70% where something starts shuddering. I'm not sure what it is but it's kind of like an abs feeling where u feel a tick every rotation or so.
This started before i changed my coilovers, so the things I have done since this has started are:
replaced strut/springs (BC coilovers),
New whiteline polyurethane lower control arm to strut bushings,
new upper control arm,
new wheel bearing/hub,
I have also replaced my tires & am aligned.
I have checked my brakes/pads and there was nothing wrong with them as far as I can tell. I don't think it would be a warped rotor as they are slotted/ drilled & it only happens at a certain amount of pressure/speed.

ANY help would be appreciated! this thing is getting on my nerves. Thanks

Old 09-03-2017, 05:13 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If it increases/decreases based on vehicle speed then it's a warped rotor. Reproduce the issue at 30 and 70mph, if 70mph has about double the shudder then it's the rotors.

Drilled/slotted rotors can DEFINITELY warp, the holes in the rotor help to dissipate heat and reduce brake fade but if there's a pad dragging or a caliper that's starting to sieze (thus more dragging) or if you're just super hard on the brakes (riding them on a downhill incline or something) then they will warp also.

ABS isn't a "tick every rotation" either, if you want to know what it feels like in your G just put a bunch of water on the road in front of your house, drive and lock the tires up on the water, you'll instantly know what it feels like.

Old 09-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You may need new rotors, check our Markeplace for DBA's!

Warped rotors, you may be able to have them turned! Some shops don't have the equipment to turn certain brand rotors. Once you have this corrected don't let anyone mount your tires/wheels with an "Impact gun!!" Torque wrench set at 80# is the only way to install wheels without rotors warping!
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.