DIY: OE Journey lip on sport bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Received 73 Likes on 67 Posts
Lip looking great with the IPL rims! Your pics are a tad dark though.

Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
Lip looking great with the IPL rims! Your pics are a tad dark though.
thanks.

I know...took them with my cell phone...

Old 12-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Great DIY Mishmosh, needed to refresh this as I have a couple questions.
Just had some minor bumper damage to my 09 Journey but enough that it'll be most cost-effective to get a new bumper cover. I'm wanting to replace my non-sport cover w/ the sport bumper but as I'm pretty low on coilovers I really can't lose any clearance as I have a steep driveway and really don't want any more paranoia in my life
Do you (or anyone else) know if the S bumper sits lower (without the lip spoiler) than the journey bumper? I already have the journey lip spoiler installed on my bumper and would like to use it on a S bumper if I can keep the same journey clearance. If I get the S bumper and use your 2nd mounting method (that brings the lip higher up) would my clearance be the same as my current journey bumper w/ lip?
Thanks for any help you can provide as I love this look and since need a new bumper anyway might as well optomize the look

Old 12-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Great DIY Mishmosh, needed to refresh this as I have a couple questions.
Just had some minor bumper damage to my 09 Journey but enough that it'll be most cost-effective to get a new bumper cover. I'm wanting to replace my non-sport cover w/ the sport bumper but as I'm pretty low on coilovers I really can't lose any clearance as I have a steep driveway and really don't want any more paranoia in my life
Do you (or anyone else) know if the S bumper sits lower (without the lip spoiler) than the journey bumper? I already have the journey lip spoiler installed on my bumper and would like to use it on a S bumper if I can keep the same journey clearance. If I get the S bumper and use your 2nd mounting method (that brings the lip higher up) would my clearance be the same as my current journey bumper w/ lip?
Thanks for any help you can provide as I love this look and since need a new bumper anyway might as well optomize the look
IIRC, the sport bumper w/ the non-sport lip sits even lower than the non-sport bumper w/ the non-sport lip. So if you're trying to not lose anymore ground clearance, the sport bumper + non-sport lip is not an option unless you want to raise the front more. Why not look into getting the sport lip + sport bumper. I think it flows much better with the sport bumper. Just my .02

Old 12-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by blnewt
Just had some minor bumper damage to my 09 Journey
The sport lip will not fit on a journey bumper at all! Not at all. The journey lip can fit on a sport model, but the fitment is not perfect.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:09 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by mishmosh
The sport lip will not fit on a journey bumper at all! Not at all. The journey lip can fit on a sport model, but the fitment is not perfect.
Thanks for the info guys, I don't want the sport lip on the journey bumper. I already have the journey lip on my "dinged" journey bumper and was playing w/ the idea of going to a sport bumper and re-use the journey lip on the new sport bumper. The main question I was hoping to have answered was going w/ Mishmosh's higher mounting option of the journey lip (without the pvc spacers), but if this is ALSO lower than my current journey bumper/lip than I guess I'll just get a new journey bumper and put the lip back on that, just can't go any lower up front and I don't want to raise the coilovers since the current stance is exactly what I'm wanting. Thanks for all your help!

Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 AM
I get it now. To answer your question, the higher journey lip mounting is about the same as the sport lip height. I have never seen the journey lip on journey in person so can't speak for how high that is comparatively.

The following users liked this post:
blnewt (01-23-2013)