want my tanabe exhaust louder, x-pipe or h-pipe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want my tanabe exhaust louder, x-pipe or h-pipe?

hoping someone can help me out here before i throw anymore money into my car. i just got this exhaust put on and got a few hundred miles on it. it did get noticeably louder than when i put it on but its still not good enough for me.
im not looking for something really loud so hfc is not an option for me, plus i dont feel like spending 500 bucks on top of the 600 for the exhaust. i would have just went with the FI exhaust instead but even that i think its still a little too loud for my taste lol.
i want something a tad louder than the tanabe itself right now and im hoping a x-pipe or h-pipe would do the trick, what u guys think?
ive been searching through this forum and found a few that might work.

Name:  11385.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  21.6 KB
magnaflow 11385

Name:  10790.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  5.1 KB
magnaflow 10790

or should i just call up some local muffer shop and have them make an h-pipe like a member here did. thanx in advance!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X-pipe will make it louder big time, but that sort of H-pipe might muffle it up a bit that will make it louder too.
You want it loud or sort of loud?

The FI exhaust has that same exact thing and you see its not that loud.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:15 PM
how much louder are we talking about? is it as loud as an hfc? some people got the x/h-pipe done and it didnt seem too much louder.
when my had my coupe i love the sound, i wish our sedan came stock like that.

if the FI exhaust was cheaper i would have purchase it but i cant justify myself spend over 1g for an exhaust that i only want to a little bit more sound to it. i did alot of searching on this forum and quite a few people purchase the tanabe and they love it cause its not too loud so i went with that instead.
right now i have 200 to spend so either x or h-pipe would be good, any suggestion?

Old 06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
i got a tanabe and i got my xpipe. getting my full exhaust done this wk ill letu know how loud it is. but i also have intake and hfc lol

Old 06-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Well for some people my exhaust is loudddd but its not really.
I have an X-pipe on my car and it sounds like a beast.

aooooo is going to be doing it soon, so just wait till he gets it done so you can get a sound clip.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by aooooo
i got a tanabe and i got my xpipe. getting my full exhaust done this wk ill letu know how loud it is. but i also have intake and hfc lol
nice!once your done your exhaust gonna sound pretty loud, cant wait to hear it.
did you ever had just the tanabe and x-pipe install without the hfc?

Old 06-22-2009, 05:27 AM
I have the HFC with Magnaflow X pipe which is also the muffler, cut out the stock resonators and then the tanabe exhausts. I love the sound of my exhaust, i sometimes still wish it was louder lol.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Lol aooooooo your set up sounds just like mine haha, i have intakes, hfc then a full custom exhaust down to my tanabe mufflers with an X pipe lols.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by prelude555
nice!once your done your exhaust gonna sound pretty loud, cant wait to hear it.
did you ever had just the tanabe and x-pipe install without the hfc?
nope. HFC was my first performance mod. i love itt
Originally Posted by Csquared
Lol aooooooo your set up sounds just like mine haha, i have intakes, hfc then a full custom exhaust down to my tanabe mufflers with an X pipe lols.
lol same exact setup but i have injens and u have fujitas lolol .. im getting 4 custom SS 2.5" pipes to replace my stock pipes along with the Xpipe installed. gonna be loudd since stock is 2.25" i believe.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:56 PM
yours is going to be louder then, I was scared to up the size of the pipes because i wanted no drone as i cruised. Lol we did our mods in the same order too! HFCs then Tanabes then the X! We have good taste.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
the amount u guys spent why not go with the F1 catback exhaust? this setup provide more gain? just wondering lol

update on the exhaust, i have roughly about 500 miles on it now and its getting a little louder which is good. i think im going to wait for another 500 miles before i make my decision. most likely though i would go with the magnaflow 11385 if it doesnt get any louder.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Pic of tanabe? I assume it's a dual. If you want it louder, the resonated X probably don't do it unless you are willing to cut out the resonators (if they have any).

I'd do the H, as it would be the cheapest to try. But it does have some noise cancellation properties so who knows?

Not sure why you think the resonated X will net you more sound. It's design is for noise reduction. The Z guys use it to reduce rasp on their non-cross piped dual systems.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Well my total cost for my exhaust was around 1200 and that is including the HFCs. I did it this way because it was cheaper, plus it was kinad fun designing the exhaust lol. I cut out my resonators and got a resonated X so my exhaust got louder. I love the noise it makes now, sometimes i wish it was louder, I hardly drive with the radio on! Oh and i hate rasp which the HFCs added so i wanted to resonate my X.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:47 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Pic of tanabe? I assume it's a dual. If you want it louder, the resonated X probably don't do it unless you are willing to cut out the resonators (if they have any).

I'd do the H, as it would be the cheapest to try. But it does have some noise cancellation properties so who knows?

Not sure why you think the resonated X will net you more sound. It's design is for noise reduction. The Z guys use it to reduce rasp on their non-cross piped dual systems.
when it comes to exhaust im such a noob at this, the reason why i got the tanabe is most people swears by it and its not too loud. looks like thats not the case for me.
the reason why i chose the magnaflow x-pipe cause some on here are using it and its yield some audible gain for them. isnt the resonated x-pipe replacing the stock resonators?

heres some pics of the tanabe, also posted a clip of the exhaust in action.
but for some reason the clip sounds pretty loud but in person its not really that loud. i even confirm it with 2 of my buddies tonight, 1 drove my car and the other 1 stood next to me listen to it while he cruise by. we both agree it didnt sound much louder than stock.
dont get wrong, u can def tell theres an exhaust there but its just not as loud as we expect it to be.
https://g35driver.com/forums/media-s...ots-pic-3.html

Old 06-23-2009, 08:15 AM
I love your headlights how hard was it to do? you do them yourself?

Here is the underside of my car, I cut out the stock resonators for the X

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: want my tanabe exhaust louder, x-pipe or h-pipe?