Finally installed the Q300!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
You're Despicable

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Talking Finally installed the Q300!!!

Damn it, I got fed up this morning and had enough of looking at the exhaust every time I left for work, so I decided I couldn't wait until Thursday to install it (initial plan) so I rang my cousin and asked him if he's willing to help out today and sure enough he was . I just drove the car back from the work shop so it's still running outside for the heat wrap to cure (that stuff smells nasty when it first heats up) Anyway I added pics so enjoy, and I'll let you guys know how I get along:

Nasty old exhaust:

Check out how rusty the Berks HFC's are, they've only been on for 5 months, I wish I could have heat wrapped them.

BTW the Y-pipe is not wrapped because I might get the new one.

Do you like our little workshop? My cousin's idea , we're still getting bits and pieces it's only been up for like one and a half months.

P.S. Driving back the car was super raspy lol but only at very low speeds and only at low RPM, this should hopefully go away once I clock some miles

Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
enjoy

Old 10-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
Very nice....

Do you like our little workshop?
...RU serious , that's a great shop ...just needs a few more goodies like a work bench etc.
I'd love to have that lift! ....sweet

Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
sooo jealous of that shop... i would looove to have that... Looks great!...

How you liking the sound??

Old 10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by aooooo
enjoy
I most certainly will be

Originally Posted by InTgr8r
...RU serious , that's a great shop ...just needs a few more goodies like a work bench etc.
I'd love to have that lift! ....sweet
Yeah the lift has helped out sooooo much, it's my cousin's place so I get to go around every now and then

Originally Posted by Austin713
sooo jealous of that shop... i would looove to have that... Looks great!...

How you liking the sound??
I like the sound already, I mean it's a bit raspy at very low speeds, but when I'm driving at my normal speeds it's a beauty and the down shifts sound awesome. I actually went to grab some food and as I was waiting in the drive thru the exhausts/ heat wrap started smoking lol, it looked like they were burning for a sec, but it quickly went away.

Can't wait for tomorrow drive to work

Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
i am shocked at how crusted the old exhaust is. damn!

isn't our stock exhausts stainless steel (never really checked underneath)?

Old 10-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
I gotta say I'm liking your shop more than your exhaust hahahaha
But seriously, I'd love to have a lift like that in my future garage/home xD

Old 10-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
All that shop needs is an air compressor, a large flat screen and a stripper pole

Congrats bro, read your PM btw.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:53 AM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
I gotta say I'm liking your shop more than your exhaust hahahaha
But seriously, I'd love to have a lift like that in my future garage/home xD
lol yeah the lift makes like so much easier

Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
All that shop needs is an air compressor, a large flat screen and a stripper pole

Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride

lol it already has air compressor (you can see the orange pipe coming out of the wall, and it already has a flat screen (to the left of the pic). As for the stripper pole I was actually telling my cousin the same thing just yesterday great minds think alike

Old 10-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
P.S. Driving back the car was super raspy
not to thread jack . . but i thought raspiness will go away with the heat wrap . . u said SUPER raspy, it's not even a lil !

hope . . it'll break in successfully !

congrats tho

Last edited by Glover997; 10-06-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:26 AM
You're Despicable

Well currently at very low speeds it is still a bit raspy, but you have to consider I've only installed the exhaust yesterday, I'll give it at least another week or so of hard driving and see if it changes everything.

Also don't forget I haven't wrapped the Y-pipes, HFCs or back box. Only the piping between the Y-pipe all the way to the pipes for the back box. After like 2,000rpm the raspness is pretty much zero, so consider driving with the exhaust for a week or so will reduce this even more.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^^^
well . . all the best on yours, brother .
how about performance ? noticed any difference ?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats,

It must be a relief since you had so much headache to get it all together.

All the best.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
niiicee!! Im tracking mine right now it was coming from cali. i live in florida its in the panhandle I should get mine thursday. (what it says on fedex) anyways i didn't plan on heat wrapping mine. i could justify spending another 120+ for no performance gains. but i dont know it would be really nice to keep it mint with the heat wrap on it. what are your thoughts? i will post pics and sound clips. defratos do you have any sound clips for us?
btw that shop is kicka$$!

Old 10-06-2009, 02:35 PM
You're Despicable

Originally Posted by Glover997
^^^^^
well . . all the best on yours, brother .
how about performance ? noticed any difference ?
To be honest I haven't even really pushed it to "really" notice, the whole car feels different because I installed the JIC coilovers on Friday and I'm still just checking if there are any knocking noises or anything like that (so far so good) and taking it a bit easy with the messed up bumpy roads we have here. Anyway, then I installed the exhaust yesterday and it changed the car even more, so now I'm just trying to get used to the stiffer suspension and louder exhaust. I will say this, going WOT with the Invidia sounds awesome, I love the way it sounds and I defiantly don't feel any power being lost, but I'll update you guys once I've had a chance to really play around with it (with work it's kinda hard to fully enjoy it)

Originally Posted by Bahg35
Congrats,

It must be a relief since you had so much headache to get it all together.

All the best.
Sure is a relief, that's what got me moving my *** to install it

Originally Posted by lak3shor3_slat3
niiicee!! Im tracking mine right now it was coming from cali. i live in florida its in the panhandle I should get mine thursday. (what it says on fedex) anyways i didn't plan on heat wrapping mine. i could justify spending another 120+ for no performance gains. but i dont know it would be really nice to keep it mint with the heat wrap on it. what are your thoughts? i will post pics and sound clips. defratos do you have any sound clips for us?
btw that shop is kicka$$!
One thing I have defiantly felt the heat wrap do is keeping heat in, today after a slightly spirited drive I came back home, opened my door with the engine running and usually I'd get hit with a wave of hot air from under the car, but today I could hardly feel anything, there was only a slight bit of hot air coming from underneath, and that's without heat wrapping the Y-pipe. Personally I'd say go for it, it's not hard to do and seeing how my HFCs have rusted I'm happy I did them.

As for sound clips I was thinking of taking some today but TBH it won't do the exhaust justice because it still hasn't broken in yet. Hopefully in a week or so I'll post some up.

Pics of them on the car will come hopefully sometime this week when I can leave work while the sun is still out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally installed the Q300!!!