K&N Filter Available!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am willing to say there is little to no sound difference. There will be better flow of course but with the silencers on the intake I doubt you will hear anything. As for hp gains maybe 2-3 at the crank. The intakes seem pretty efficient already. The only plus I see to the k&n is that you do not need to buy another filter. Since most of you use the infiniti service plan they change the filters for free so I would not pay for this if you plan on going that route.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by imnotplutonium
I am willing to say there is little to no sound difference. There will be better flow of course but with the silencers on the intake I doubt you will hear anything. As for hp gains maybe 2-3 at the crank. The intakes seem pretty efficient already. The only plus I see to the k&n is that you do not need to buy another filter. Since most of you use the infiniti service plan they change the filters for free so I would not pay for this if you plan on going that route.
You have covered my concerns, thank you. I have used K&N filters on my various vehicles but when the tab hits US$100, I thought I would consider the matter; especially since free filters are available and the stock system is excellent.

The K&N may be the last filter we would have to buy but it does need maintenance (cleaning and oiling) and care must be taken not to apply too much oil, so that it does not end up causing problems with sensors, unless that is not likely on the Nissan engine.

Still interested in a post from someone that has paid the money and done the install

Old 12-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I would get it if it makes more noise...Im going call my napa or csk store and see if i can order it thru my work

Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
I called up pep boys, autozone, and kragen and none of them have this part number in their system yet

Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
anyone get it yet?

Old 12-18-2007, 08:46 PM
So after that nightmare of the price changes...is anybody still going to bite the bullet and get these?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I did. They shipped today. It was less about price and ease of ordering for me. This way I don't have to go from store to store or call around. and hell, we are just talking about 15 clams.

FWIW, I didn't see the deal when it was 70, so no harm nor foul for me.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered them too, haven't gotten a tracking number yet, though. I'm most upset with the poor business practice, but didn't want to bother with trying to get my money back from Paypal.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:24 AM
DON'T use K&N. THEY suck. It will destroy your engine. The so called extra horsepower comes from the air gaps in the filter, i don't care about the red oil but when the filter have air gaps micronic debris will pass thru. TOtal BS in my opinion for reliability and longevity. My .02 cents.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by oughttoreturn
DON'T use K&N. THEY suck. It will destroy your engine. The so called extra horsepower comes from the air gaps in the filter, i don't care about the red oil but when the filter have air gaps micronic debris will pass thru. TOtal BS in my opinion for reliability and longevity. My .02 cents.
Same goes for all the other aftermarket filters.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 AM
i guess no one else got into buying filters

Old 04-11-2008, 09:01 AM
no these don't seem too beneficial. as for "Dont use K&N it will destroy your engine" I would take that with a grain of salt seeing how most high performance cars use this sort of filtering system. Every 600+hp car I know has a K&N type intake whether it be naturally aspirated or forced induction or even nitrous they use this type of filter and the last thing they worry about is the filter. usually they care more about their injectors maxing out or a bent valve.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Ive used a k&n style filter with my civic for many years and had no problems

Old 04-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by 559MostWanted
Ive used a k&n style filter with my civic for many years and had no problems
The older Civics didn't use a mass air flow sensor (MAF) in the intake tract. The filter oil (especially on over-oiled filter) supposedly messes up MAFs.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
No Guaranteed Horsepower or MPG's! Your basically spending $100+ to be able to clean your filters, rather than replace them. Filter Replacement is usually ever 30K mile depending on your area of residence and road conditions. You can get the OEM filter for about $20-$25/pair
online. Unless you plan on keeping your car past the 90K mark, then its not worth it! IMO I like putting in a fresh clean filter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N Filter Available!!!!