Best exhaust for G35 - what's your opinion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmuniz78
I'd say just go with the FX50! Should be something louder than your old FX, crisp, and real pleassant to listen to. It comes in a V6 (FX35) and a V8 (FX50). If not, then either the Stillen or FI exhaust should do you justice for your sited reasons above.
The new FX's have been considered but they are coming out too late and although I loved my FX I am kind of interested in owning a car now instead of an SUV. The FX was incredible but now I have a chance to get the g35 which I have been admiring for a while.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Thrillryder23
The pricing isn't the best but I do have that exact extra cash to throw around and would not be upset throwing it into this. Thank you for your response to my question I appreciate it.

However, would that loss in power be noticeable at all or is just something you can see on a spreadsheet?
It's something you would see on a spreadsheet. Although I don't have any intakes currently on my G, I've had enough experience with VQ35 engines to competently state the above. They also sound mean as hell

I personally like the design of the Stillen long tube intakes. The exhaust sounds nice as well. It's a great blend of deep yet refined.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Virus
It's something you would see on a spreadsheet. Although I don't have any intakes currently on my G, I've had enough experience with VQ35 engines to competently state the above. They also sound mean as hell

I personally like the design of the Stillen long tube intakes. The exhaust sounds nice as well. It's a great blend of deep yet refined.
Thanks that's exactly the information I've been looking for.

Yea the stillens do sound nice on the youtube videos but the Fujita sounds equally as impressive. I'll have to just make a decision when I get my car.

Also sorry for another question but this is something I can do myself correct?

I don't want to throw around anymore more money on a mechanic doing this unless I absolutely shouldn't even bother doing it myself. I'm no idiot and put a good amount of time and elbow grease into anything I do but I have little to no experience with doing mechanical stuff. I'm more of an electrical person.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks that's exactly the information I've been looking for.

Yea the stillens do sound nice on the youtube videos but the Fujita sounds equally as impressive. I'll have to just make a decision when I get my car.

Also sorry for another question but this is something I can do myself correct?

I don't want to throw around anymore more money on a mechanic doing this unless I absolutely shouldn't even bother doing it myself. I'm no idiot and put a good amount of time and elbow grease into anything I do but I have little to no experience with doing mechanical stuff. I'm more of an electrical person.
Installing intakes, especially WAI's are quite easy. It's always scary to embark upon something new. I too usually get nervous when messing around with my cars when doing something I'm really not comfortable with. Normally I ask for help from friends with more experience and I end up just having a good buddy to talk too. We're always here to help if you have questions while installing them. You can usually find a quick answer. Instructions are normally good on the Stillen products. Just be carefull with the Mass Airflow Sensors (MAF's). They are quite expensive.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Installing intakes, especially WAI's are quite easy. It's always scary to embark upon something new. I too usually get nervous when messing around with my cars when doing something I'm really not comfortable with. Normally I ask for help from friends with more experience and I end up just having a good buddy to talk too. We're always here to help if you have questions while installing them. You can usually find a quick answer. Instructions are normally good on the Stillen products. Just be carefull with the Mass Airflow Sensors (MAF's). They are quite expensive.
That's great to know. I appreciate all the help and yea I will definitely come back here if I need any help whatsoever. I'm glad I found this forum.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The new FX's have been considered but they are coming out too late and although I loved my FX I am kind of interested in owning a car now instead of an SUV. The FX was incredible but now I have a chance to get the g35 which I have been admiring for a while.
You're making the right choice!

Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I thought I might add that the by adding the intake you will get more dirt in the engine. You simply cannot have it both ways. More airflow = more dirt.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
I thought I might add that the by adding the intake you will get more dirt in the engine. You simply cannot have it both ways. More airflow = more dirt.
Exactly... and any oil analysis will prove it.
I brought this up a year ago and got kinda flamed for it.

The oil filter alone will not cure this and people forget that oil (and dirt) only get to the filter after it has traveled throughout the engine.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Exactly... and any oil analysis will prove it.
I brought this up a year ago and got kinda flamed for it.

The oil filter alone will not cure this and people forget that oil (and dirt) only get to the filter after it has traveled throughout the engine.
This will also happen if people replace the OEM filters with a K&N panel filter. Every oil analysis I've seen after the switch has shown high levels of silicone. While the intake sounds nice, it's cons outweigh the pros. Why did you get flames? This has been proven time and again. K&N filters let through tons of dirt. Apexi's aren't too bad, but they cost an arm and a leg and they still let through more dirt than the OEM filters. Our OEM intakes are actually not too bad.