Just got Black Betty's Grounding Wires in the mail!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice black betty I'll get a kit when I'm back from Hong Kong, can you see these new wires? I kinda regret not getting the wires in Blue but i didn't know i would end up with blue intakes. Sorry Wes, I lost the pictures somewhere, But if you click the link there are a bunch of pics. I'll try to dig them up and post them. I'm sorry.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Csquared
Nice black betty I'll get a kit when I'm back from Hong Kong, can you see these new wires? I kinda regret not getting the wires in Blue but i didn't know i would end up with blue intakes. Sorry Wes, I lost the pictures somewhere, But if you click the link there are a bunch of pics. I'll try to dig them up and post them. I'm sorry.
They are no more visible than the original wires. The only place you can really see them is from the battery box to the passenger TB, the wire across to the driver TB is behind the engine and under the cover. I'll have new installed photos up on myg37 sometime tomorrow. Talk to you when you get back. Have a fun and safe trip.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Anyone have before and after dyno data, fuel consumption data, anything to quantify benefits of grounding kits? I am skeptical.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by ez-g
Anyone have before and after dyno data, fuel consumption data, anything to quantify benefits of grounding kits? I am skeptical.
You do not get power gains with a grounding kit. It doesn't give u better MPG.
The car might feel faster because of the faster shifting and throttle response, but it does not give any power gains.

This is meant for better sounds speakers and radio, better throttle response, faster shifting.
Thats about it.

Hope that answers your questions.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
I meant to put "throttle" body upgrade portion. I was tired last night

Old 12-21-2008, 12:10 PM
The tech's at my infiniti dealer are big fans of the grounding kits for the G35/37's. Apparently the systems in these cars are VERY sensitive to grounding and electrical fluctuations within the vehicle. They seem to have less check engine lights and other electrical issues with grounded cars they get through service.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I've updated the threads over on myg37 with updated photos and instructions that include the upgraded v 2.0 throttle body grounding instructions. There's a number of reviews as well of G37 owners who have installed the kits.

Original thread
v 2.0 TB upgrade thread

Old 12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by g35_6gear
The tech's at my infiniti dealer are big fans of the grounding kits for the G35/37's. Apparently the systems in these cars are VERY sensitive to grounding and electrical fluctuations within the vehicle. They seem to have less check engine lights and other electrical issues with grounded cars they get through service.
Is that right eh!? thats actually really nice to hear. Thx for sharing.

I went to the stealership yesterday to buy new wiper refills and I happen to ask about the grounding wires. Same skepticism that I normally get with mods. Same generic response. It will void warranty if we see that it caused damage to whatever blah blah blah...

No "grounded" response. LOL As always.

screw the stealership and their warrantly "talk". lol

You'll probably be hearing from me soon Jeremy (Black Betty for those who dont know) about buying a set !

Old 12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
So, for our cars, is the throttle body upgrade recommended or not?

Old 12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
I believe its recommended and thats the only way his set comes now anyway. It will come with it wether you like it or not. :P lol

Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I've updated the threads over on myg37 with updated photos and instructions that include the upgraded v 2.0 throttle body grounding instructions. There's a number of reviews as well of G37 owners who have installed the kits.

Original thread
v 2.0 TB upgrade thread
The head technician at my dealership did mention the grounding kits were a good idea, but he did mention that attaching directly to the negative terminal was a no-no. He said that it was very important to attach directly at the body connection point for the negative battery cable. There is a module between the neg terminal and the body grounding point and if it is bypassed, this can cause problems with the ECM.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 PM
The head technician at my dealership did mention the grounding kits were a good idea, but he did mention that attaching directly to the negative terminal was a no-no. He said that it was very important to attach directly at the body connection point for the negative battery cable. There is a module between the neg terminal and the body grounding point and if it is bypassed, this can cause problems with the ECM.
I wonder what Black Betty's thoughts are regarding this info you just brought up.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Wes_888
I wonder what Black Betty's thoughts are regarding this info you just brought up.
Good question.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Well I have a G37, but there is absolutely no such module as that on my car. I closely examined an '04 Coupe and an '05 Sedan this weekend and you know what I found? The same thing - a copper wire with a battery terminal on one end bolted to the chassis on the other end. If you or anyone can find any such "module" on your negative battery cable, please enlighten me because I'm 100% ignorant of it. I have no earthly idea what he could even be talking about. It's more likely that either you misunderstood what he was saying, he misspoke, or he's a moron or a liar.

Ask yourself, "Does this even make any sense?" Did he show you this "module"? When you have to replace a battery cable, does the replacement cable have any "module" on it? Have you ever even heard of anyone complaining that any grounding kit damaged their ECU? Have you seen any reviews of anybody's grounding kit that mentions this? I'm going to go ahead and guess the answer is "No" to all af these questions.

I don't debate with skeptics because it will serve no purpose. Most skeptics either don't understand the concept of additional grounding or have never tried it and dismiss it. As yet I don't have one single customer who's said that they didn't benefit from it. Not one. If you don't believe it will help your car, don't buy it. Pretty simple.

My car and many others with my kits have had a cable running directly from the negative battery terminal to the chassis for months with no ill effects whatsoever.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by san~man
So, for our cars, is the throttle body upgrade recommended or not?
It is by me, I can't speak for anyone else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got Black Betty's Grounding Wires in the mail!