Grounding Wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Grounding Wires

So I was looking into the grounding wires for our cars. I heard mixed reviews about them. Some have dynoed it said had some minimal gains but gains either way. Some said no gains just better vehicle response louder radio and some no changes at all. I was going to do it with the stillen kit but, its like a buck and change for it, I was always holding off because of the price amount for like minimal to no change definitely wasn’t worth it for the stillen product.

Few days back met a G owner in my area that had the stillen kit and showed me what it was all about and things like that. Still don’t think they are worth the $100++. He said he got some gains where the engine runs smoother and shifts more responsivley..So he said it did make a minimal change in his on his G35S

Talked to my buddies about that and decided to make my own. After a day of measuring everything out to where the wires are supposed to go from the stillen kit. I was able to get a good price for my wires and the kit that I put together was at a fraction of stillens.

The wires that I used were stinger 4 gauge high performance wires with 4 gauge stinger gold connectors.

Hyper-Twist Power Cable
Strand Count: 1666
-20 to 105 Degree Celsius Rated

Stillens kit is 8 Gauge wires with copper connectors. Same amount of wires and mounted all in the same places that stillens is.

After another day of cutting measuring, splicing, retrofitting, whatever else I needed so it fit and looks great. Now everything’s is all set.

Here’s my review
-when I started the car up it was about 40 degrees out started up normal, put the car in reverse to back up and didn’t notice it was in reverse, usually when shifting to reverse there’s a minimal nudge or whatever you call it when going from P to R there was nothing.

-another thing I noticed was that the radio was louder, I had to tune the stations back to the presets since the battery was disconnected and put the volume all way up and it almost sounded the same as it did before the wire install, THEN I remembered that the settings are set to default so the treble and bass were in the middle, cranked that up and yaaaahh, definitely noticed a difference.

-didn’t notice anything from hp/butt dyno unlike the HFC or intake, but the shifting was soooo fast like I don’t know what the stock shift speed is "bla blaa. 1.54564534 sec whatever", but with the kit it sure is a lot quicker no matter if it’s at WOT or just normal driving in D and shifting at 3-4k rpm.

Here’s a picture that I took off the stinger site of exactly what I have. I got the dark gray wires just to keep it a stock look.

I can post up the engine shots but they are the same as on the stillen site where mine are even less noticeable from the dark wires.

Just wanted to share any questions comments inquiries

edit**
thanks everyone. yah hope it helped some what. if you guys are interested actually i was thinking i would be able to pass the savings to you guys and i can make them for you guys if you want. anyone interested PM me and we can set something up. stinger wires retail for about $4 a foot, my buddy from a audio shop can hook it up discounted.

edit**edit**
ok so i was only doing this for the information purposes but a lot of you G drivers seem interested in this.
and i got several PMs about if i can make one for you guys.
and my answer is yes
heres the price break down.
this kit will fit 2007, 2008 G35 and G37.
-6 wires total. 4G dark gray stinger wires with the gold stinger connectors
i would include simple detailed instructions that would take the installation 15-30 mins i can email those to you.
PRICE=$70 shipped. i should have them to you in 7-10 days i would say.

also a lot of people messaged me to see my finished product how the finish is and how the wires actually look. well as i was doing some kits for a couple members i took these pics

o yea i dont work for stinger and stillen or w.e ele ive been asked. its using stillens setup with bigger wires and using stinger wire because they are pretty much the best in the market for wires, along with monster, but monster is more for home entertainment.
this is just something i came up with and im willing to share it with all you G drivers so who wants one ready...go..

Last edited by suby01; 11-25-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great im thinking of getin a grounding kit aswell but after lookin at this mite do what u did lol can u post some pix of the engine bay thanks

Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice, that's what i noticed when i got my grounding wires, i got mine from Black betty. it was 69 bucks.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Really nice review looking into doing this as well but dialing in more grounding points than what stillen offers, do post pics if you can though i want to go for a close to OEM look as well so i woul dlike to see how yours look close to OEm, thanks

Old 11-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Another Nice Posted from Suby01 again? Nice job and welldone mann!!
I was trying to contact BlackBetty but having trouble. I will folow your instruction and DIY. Thanks!! Keep us post with great thing you got.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Csquared
Nice, that's what i noticed when i got my grounding wires, i got mine from Black betty. it was 69 bucks.
ya but black bettys is only 3 wires i have more than that

this pic sucks but at least its something
thats why you cant see which wire is which because like it said it looks like stock. thats why i like it.

Last edited by suby01; 11-13-2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:49 AM
wow thats great...im thinking of doing that now lmao

Old 11-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Why go through the trouble of making one? Just get this one from ebay.
For $20 you can't beat that. Best $20 i ever spent on butt dyno parts.
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...point-8ga.html..

Old 11-14-2008, 04:11 AM
this is even better and an actual brand thats known
they are originally made by blitz
http://www.pivotracing.com/product/VS1

Old 11-14-2008, 04:21 AM
Looking at the pivot racing part I assume it does the same thing as the grounding wires?

Old 11-14-2008, 04:23 AM
almost but sometimes grounding kits give unsteady voltages and this will even it out. Its 40 bux too..good price and this is what all the guys use in japan

Old 11-14-2008, 04:27 AM
Which kit did you buy for $39-how many wires came with yours?
What do you gain by buying the higher number wires?

Old 11-14-2008, 04:31 AM
i didnt buy it yet but im thinking about getting it but it'll take almost a month to get here. som not sure about the details...ill let u know when i get it

Old 11-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Wow...a month? Which one are you buying?

Old 11-14-2008, 04:59 AM
the pivot razin voltage stabilizer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Grounding Wires