DynoTune @ UPREV Austin,TX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DynoTune @ UPREV Austin,TX

So i emailed Uprev Tuning today and told them i just wanted to get my ECU reflashed to my current mods to get the most out of them and hopefully put down some strong numbers on the dyno.

Here was the response:
A dyno tune is really your only choice at this time. We don't yet
support the HR motor cars with Osiris Standard. Luckily you're within
driving distance of us and a dyno tune will always net you the best
possible tune.

So i need to find out how much the charge first for the DynoTune.
But i am not to familiar with what DYNO TUNES consist of.
How would they net me the best tune? Is the ECU reflashed or reprogramed at all?

If anyone has expierence with dyno tunes and can chime in please do.

Thanks

Old 04-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My car was reflashed and dyno tuned at Technosquare. They basically tune the ECU that OEM maps. It will bump you up some horsepwer but not as much a reflash and dyno tune.
Reflash is when they upload their own modded maps and tune the car on dyno using their software. But these maps, they can delete rev limiter, delete speed limiter, faster throttle response, change your idle and whole bunch of stuff. Not much can be done with the stock maps but they tune it to perform better.

The dyno tune cost 160 and the reflash was 550.
Thats the price range they should be working at.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 AM
^ aH. ok. So if they just do a dyno tune they are going to be working with the stock ecu maps and getting them to perform to max?

What will they adjust on the stock ecu maps that will give me any gains?

Old 04-10-2009, 03:31 PM
ouch they just quoted me $750 for just a dyno tune.

i little pricey.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oh wow!
Thats weird dude, are you sure they arent reflashing the car?
I guess they are uploading some sort of map in there bro cuz thats way to expensive.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
for $750 i'd say they'll reflash the car.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Agreed, that price makes no sense for just tuning. Double check and make sure that is the price for a reflash. Is they are offering a reflash, I'd def. hit that up over just doing a tune.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:05 PM
i went to an uprev dealer just yesterday and was charged the basic 400 dollar fee for the initial flash, than he further tuned it, while giving me 6 dyno pulls, and charged me 1.5 hours of tuning time which was 100 an hour...

So i paid 550... i have the dyno chart , my car feels WAY better than it did before, gained hp and tq throughout the ENTIRE curve. Car feels much much better...

Its about 1.5 cars faster than what it was before , i have a good benchmark to tell that with my bro having a z that is basically the same speed as mine

well it was the same speed

much thanks to R/T Tuning in PA ..... Any NY NJ guys in need of a tune you can go to them. He showed me a dyno of a guy in his 05 and his gains were outstanding , i baselined much higher than him but for some reason his A/F was WAYYYYYYY off with basic bolt ons... his car gained upwards of 30tq in some spots but his car was all outta whack with his mods before hand.. he said his tune was more involved though..

uprev osiris is some good stuff.... It all depends on the car what it will cost and gain but in the end i am EXTREMELY satisfied with spending 550... the power that is available at 3 - 4 grand is worth it alone... 3rd gear at 3 grand pulls HARD. passing on the HWY will be improved. I can not say enough good things

my peak gains were 9hp and 11tq i believe . but more than that at lower rpms and the entire curve is improved drastically with my a/f now being perfect... He also fixed my idle blurp that i had and checked my car for a vacuum leak with his smoke tester since my car as very very lean at idle.. now it is all fixed up... idles perfect, no blurp, has more power, 5 maps, 1 performance, 1 performance but a bit richer, a valet that doesnt rev higher than 3k, a dead car map that wont allow the car to even start, and i dont even know what the 5th is, lol....

Last edited by chuckd05; 04-10-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by chuckd05
i went to an uprev dealer just yesterday and was charged the basic 400 dollar fee for the initial flash, than he further tuned it, while giving me 6 dyno pulls, and charged me 1.5 hours of tuning time which was 100 an hour...

So i paid 550... i have the dyno chart , my car feels WAY better than it did before, gained hp and tq throughout the ENTIRE curve. Car feels much much better...

Its about 1.5 cars faster than what it was before , i have a good benchmark to tell that with my bro having a z that is basically the same speed as mine

much thanks to R/T Tuning in PA ..... Any NY NJ guys in need of a tune you can go to them. He showed me a dyno of a guy in his 05 and his gains were outstanding , not nearly mine but for some reason his A/F was WAYYYYYYY off with basic bolt ons... his car gained upwards of 30tq in some spots.. he said his tune was more involved though..

uprev osiris is some good stuff....
thats where i plan on going! i was just looking at their website last night, i was led there from the uprev website because they were listed as a pro tuner. glad to see they do a good job and they know what they're doing. they're about 2 hours away from me but i'll make the one time trip up there for a good dyno tune, i don't mind. but i noticed you have a g35 coupe, not sedan..

Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by chuckd05

much thanks to R/T Tuning in PA ..... Any NY NJ guys in need of a tune you can go to them. He showed me a dyno of a guy in his 05 and his gains were outstanding , i baselined much higher than him but for some reason his A/F was WAYYYYYYY off with basic bolt ons... his car gained upwards of 30tq in some spots but his car was all outta whack with his mods before hand.. he said his tune was more involved though..

uprev osiris is some good stuff.... It all depends on the car what it will cost and gain but in the end i am EXTREMELY satisfied with spending 550... the power that is available at 3 - 4 grand is worth it alone... 3rd gear at 3 grand pulls HARD. passing on the HWY will be improved. I can not say enough good things

my peak gains were 9hp and 11tq i believe . but more than that at lower rpms and the entire curve is improved drastically with my a/f now being perfect... He also fixed my idle blurp that i had and checked my car for a vacuum leak with his smoke tester since my car as very very lean at idle.. now it is all fixed up... idles perfect, no blurp, has more power, 5 maps, 1 performance, 1 performance but a bit richer, a valet that doesnt rev higher than 3k, a dead car map that wont allow the car to even start, and i dont even know what the 5th is, lol....
This is good news for me! Question..if you get reflashed/tuned, then say you get another bolt on some months down the road, do you have to get reflashed again and go through the whole process?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM
From what everyone says, yes. Which is why you should do ALL MODIFICATIONS you have in mind first prior to the tune. The tune optimized gains based on your CURRENT setup.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:59 PM
^^Thank you. But the Osirus tune isn't available as of now yet for the vq35hr?

Old 04-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by d_cecc629
^^Thank you. But the Osirus tune isn't available as of now yet for the vq35hr?
thats what he told me. he just said bring it by for a "DYNOTUNE" and that will net me the best possible gains.

im just confused.

so how do they tune it on the dyno without reflashing the ecu?
what do they adjust?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by JP1080INC
thats what he told me. he just said bring it by for a "DYNOTUNE" and that will net me the best possible gains.

im just confused.

so how do they tune it on the dyno without reflashing the ecu?
what do they adjust?

You are correct.

Osiris Standard is not available on HR sedans, such as mine and yours. That's the product where they send straight to your house a CD of different maps that can be flashed to your ECU using an included cable. This is a product offered on certain vehicles, but not the HR G35. They can do the DE sedan.

They can certainly TUNE your car though if your bring your car physically to a tuner. As previously stated above, you can take it to a tuner that can dyno your car, and adjust your stock map to give you optimal gains. This is different from flashing an entirely different map on the ECU.

I'm pretty sure this is the case. Anyone can chime in if I said something incorrectly.

Doc

Old 04-11-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by DrGeeMD
You are correct.

Osiris Standard is not available on HR sedans, such as mine and yours. That's the product where they send straight to your house a CD of different maps that can be flashed to your ECU using an included cable. This is a product offered on certain vehicles, but not the HR G35. They can do the DE sedan.

They can certainly TUNE your car though if your bring your car physically to a tuner. As previously stated above, you can take it to a tuner that can dyno your car, and adjust your stock map to give you optimal gains. This is different from flashing an entirely different map on the ECU.

I'm pretty sure this is the case. Anyone can chime in if I said something incorrectly.

Doc
so if they are just adjusting the stock map then should the price be in the $750's? im sure it is including the dyno. But still thats alot.

I emailed rich to send me a price breakdown.

if so then thats what im looking for just to have my stock ecu adjusted for optimal gains. hopefully thats less then reflashing a totally new map!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DynoTune @ UPREV Austin,TX