Another new intake coming out

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009 | 02:58 PM
I've used AFE products for quite a while now on different vehicles and they are top notch. I believe the founders were ex-k&n employees. If you actually hold their filters verses k&n you can feel/see a difference in build quality. It's not that k&n is bad or cruddy, it's just that AFE puts extra effort into their design/quality. I've also dealt with their support and they are top notch. If you send them an email they usually reply back within the hour. (unlike K&N who took 4 days with me). I just wish I would have waited for the AFE (TAKEDO) version instead of getting the K&N SRI.

Old 06-18-2009 | 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
I've used AFE products for quite a while now on different vehicles and they are top notch. I believe the founders were ex-k&n employees. If you actually hold their filters verses k&n you can feel/see a difference in build quality. It's not that k&n is bad or cruddy, it's just that AFE puts extra effort into their design/quality. I've also dealt with their support and they are top notch. If you send them an email they usually reply back within the hour. (unlike K&N who took 4 days with me). I just wish I would have waited for the AFE (TAKEDO) version instead of getting the K&N SRI.
+1. Thanks for the review. I havent gotten intakes yet but these are definately on my radar. It just sucks that takeda made such OUTRAGEOUS claims about gains that it turned off a lot of potential G35 drivers from their product.

Maybe if someone gets one from this forum... it'll get the ball rolling on these intakes.

Old 06-18-2009 | 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
Maybe if someone gets one from this forum... it'll get the ball rolling on these intakes.
Be the first Wes!

Old 06-18-2009 | 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Be the first Wes!
perhaps

Old 06-18-2009 | 08:44 PM
Just out of curiosity, why not stick with something offering at least a little bit of heat shielding?
This thing looks wide open.

Old 06-18-2009 | 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
This thing looks wide open.
It most certainly is Scott... WOT indeed! haha

haha well, I find these interesting cuz it is by AFE, and the intrigue of possibly being one of the first to rock them.

Also the price seems reasonable.

And I think these will give me more "ROOARRRRR" compared to the INJEN SRI's. The arguments they have against for the heatsoak is mostly associated with being idled for a while... but if your moving... its not really an issue.

Wether thats true or not, I do not know.. but it sounds logical.

Old 06-18-2009 | 09:00 PM
The intakes do look great but like everyone else I don't see how the hell you would be getting those kind of gains out of an intake for our G's.

Old 06-18-2009 | 09:07 PM
I have Fujita's and granted i have custom heat shields, but it doenst' cut the filter off like the other ones, and so far i've never experienced heat soak.

Old 06-18-2009 | 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
The intakes do look great but like everyone else I don't see how the hell you would be getting those kind of gains out of an intake for our G's.
For me, the said "gains" are a wash for me between intakes.

What I do look for is intake design, ease of installation, type of filter, aesthetic look and the sound it makes.

As long as I dont lose power and if I happen to have small gains, thats enough for me.

Originally Posted by Csquared
I have Fujita's and granted i have custom heat shields, but it doenst' cut the filter off like the other ones, and so far i've never experienced heat soak.
+1. Glad to hear it Clement. Makes the argument for these takeda's more compelling.

Old 06-18-2009 | 09:48 PM
I love dis

Old 06-18-2009 | 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wes_888
For me, the said "gains" are a wash for me between intakes.

What I do look for is intake design, ease of installation, type of filter, aesthetic look and the sound it makes.

As long as I dont lose power and if I happen to have small gains, thats enough for me.

+1. Glad to hear it Clement. Makes the argument for these takeda's more compelling.
Oh I have to agree Wes. I am looking for the same thing but I just think it is stupid for a company to claim these sort of gains when they will end up like a 1/4 of those. The qualities in which you pointed out should be the baseline for any intake buyer.

Old 06-18-2009 | 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Greekboy115
Oh I have to agree Wes. I am looking for the same thing but I just think it is stupid for a company to claim these sort of gains when they will end up like a 1/4 of those. The qualities in which you pointed out should be the baseline for any intake buyer.
+1000. Its very stupid that they did that. They are actually losing business this way; or at least losing respect from true car enthusiasts.

Old 06-19-2009 | 03:29 PM
Looking at the kit, they have a heat shield that pushes the radiator "hot" air down away from the intake on the passenger side. I can attest the passenger side on my k&n gets extremely hot. (probably because of the raditor dumping heat off onto it). I'm about to buy one anyway and sell my k&n. I've always been an AFE fan.

Old 06-19-2009 | 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by jack090
Looking at the kit, they have a heat shield that pushes the radiator "hot" air down away from the intake on the passenger side. I can attest the passenger side on my k&n gets extremely hot. (probably because of the raditor dumping heat off onto it). I'm about to buy one anyway and sell my k&n. I've always been an AFE fan.
DO IT!! and let us know what you think!

Old 06-19-2009 | 04:09 PM
I wouldn't mind hearing some input either as I have no clue on what intake to purchase. If you do make sure to give us a review

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another new intake coming out